What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Vince Lombardi Interview with Coach Mac

Hugegroove

Club Member
Club Member
Local sports caster Vince Lombardi's interview with Coach Mac. Coach Mac seemed to dance around the question of a facilities upgrade and how it was structured into his contract, which kind of pissed me off. I guess he's afraid of Benson & Destiff calling him on the carpet if he gave a more reveling answer. One thing that was cleared up was that he states that he prefers to be called coach Mac. Linky 4 U

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2013/02/...ail-macintyre-ready-ready-to-settle-in-at-cu/

Last edited:
Local sports caster Vince Lombardi's interview with Coach Mac. Coach Mac seemed to dance around the question of a facilities upgrade and how it was structured into his contract, which kind of pissed me off. I guess he's afraid of Benson & Destiff calling him on the carpet if he gave a more reveling answer. One thing that was cleared up was that he states that he prefers to be called coach Mac. Linky 4 U

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2013/02/...ail-macintyre-ready-ready-to-settle-in-at-cu/

The facilities answer was vague but at least it was positive. If there's one thing the admin would **** up, I'm expecting it to be the facilities.

The facilities answer was vague but at least it was positive. If there's one thing the admin would **** up, I'm expecting it to be the facilities.

That's a pretty big "if" just limiting it to one thing. It makes me dizzy to consider the possibilities, honestly.

Why is everybody so dismissive of the entire planning aspect of the "Facilities Upgrade"?

CU cannot just ignore that, like so many here seem to think. If CU could ignore or override all other jurisdictions involved, it would have already built several buildings at CU South, over off of Table Mesa and US 36, on the 200 hundred acres they own there.

The upgrade adjacent to Dal Ward on Folsom will clearly be in the Bouder Creek floodplain, which I'm certain greatly impacts the planning process. Just ask DBT what a pain building in a floodplain can be.

Why is everybody so dismissive of the entire planning aspect of the "Facilities Upgrade"?

CU cannot just ignore that, like so many here seem to think. If CU could ignore or override all other jurisdictions involved, it would have already built several buildings at CU South, over off of Table Mesa and US 36, on the 200 hundred acres they own there.

The upgrade adjacent to Dal Ward on Folsom will clearly be in the Bouder Creek floodplain, which I'm certain greatly impacts the planning process. Just ask DBT what a pain building in a floodplain can be.

If what has been reported is true, your last couple sentences there are pure speculation. If you actually look at the floodplain maps for the City of Boulder, it seems to me your assumption is incorrect.

Doesn't the speculated expansion spill to the east of Dal Ward and on the north end of Franklin? How could that possibly be on a flood plain? Have you ever walked up Folsom from the bridge to the Stadium? Or Ho Chi Minh trail?

If Boulder Creek floods up to Franklin Field, all of Central Boulder would be 15 feet underwater.

EDIT: Duff beat me to it...

I don't think they'll be in the flood plain. I don't think they would want to be. But they will have to get erosion and sediment control permits. I hope, to hell, they have already done an Environmental Impact Statement or Assessment because those can take a good year to do.

The number 1 reason is that CU has been pussyfooting since the late 1990s.

The concept for a new indoor practice facility was hatched by then CUAD Dick Tharp over a decade ago, complete with architectural drawings.

CU has had more than sufficient time to sort out flood plains, environmental impacts, and a critical path that is needed for a successful project.

Any delay in the announcement based on "planning" is a sign that either CU leadership lies to the fan base about the degree of their commitment to the success of the program, or that they are incompetent and not fit to lead CU football to success in the Pac 12.

How many decades are needed for planning anyway?

Instead of owning up to failings inside Dal Ward or within the offices of the president and chancellor, the typical response it to go ahead and blame the cheapskate CU donors for not making this happen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Feasibility was supposed to be done in Jan. but we've heard nothing. I understand it takes time and all, but the lack of any kind of big facilities marketing/fundraising campaign is a bit frustrating. What is the new marketing guy up to? he doesn't need to get Groupon deals for hoops. We know they've spent 1.5 mil on some immediate improvements mainly for new meeting space, but how about some details?

South Campus is the ONLY CU property that the City of Boulder has leverage over but it has nothing to do with flooding. It has no water or sewer service and the city would have to run pipe/turn on the water to make that happen. The city wants to "protect the entrance to Boulder" so they will never authorize it unless CU gives them some sort of game-changing incentive. We could use that space however we want and tell the city to pound sand but we would have to truck in the water and have non-flushing toilets/a giant septic tank to make it happen. THAT is the only reason why South Campus remains undeveloped.

Back