What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Volleyball recruiting rumor

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
Supposedly Kritza has secured a commitment from a Top 5 national prospect.

I heard this on BuffaloChips and a couple other places, but no one seems to know because none of the usual insiders follow volleyball.

We're losing no one from this year's team and that would add an immediate impact player.

Anyone have any info?

I'm at a loss.

Did you discover this site? Maxpreps Volleyball individual leaders

Without knowing which position is being considered, it's nearly impossible to guess who could be looked at.

You can sort the leaders by kills, assists, digs, hitting, aces and blocks, but I just don't know the sport well enough to understand what I'm looking at.

Maybe not for 2011. There are 2 verbals for VB that I have heard of. One is a Colorado kid who is listed in the one VB ranking site I know of as in a group of "the next 150". They only rank the top 100 HS seniors. So that would put her somewhere between 101 and 250.... good but not top 5 caliber. The second verbal is a player from Puerto Rico. I could find very little info on her.

But CU VB already has 3 verbals for 2012. In the only ranking that I know of, 2 of the 3 were listed in the 2009 "Soph 79" i.e. the 79 best high school sophmore varsity volleyball players in the nation (those who completed their sophmore year last school year). And the third player is listed in the "highest honorable mention" which is the next best 66 players. That puts all 3 in the top 145 for the class of 2012 as of the end of their sophmore year. So one of these players could possibly be a very top prospect. I'm sure there are other ranking services, particularly those available only to coaches, that I know nothing about.

Thanks, Bebe. I found some sites that wanted $29.95 annually to tell me who was ranked, but I wasn't willing to part with my gas money to drive to Kansas.:smile2:

From the little I follow, I'd say things are looking up. This years class was loaded with freshmen. Going to the Pac, I would think, would really help recruiting.

I really like Kritza. She's a dynamic recruiter, and is slowly leading us back to a good place. They really hang in there with the best teams, and a huge amount of the key contributors are fresh/soph.

Back