What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Wait a minute...I thought changing QB's would solve all of our problems!

Re: Wait a minute...I thought changing QB's would solve all of our problems?

Huh. Maybe we should go back to Ballenger. :smile2:

Yeah... They both suck right now, but at least Hansen sucks because he's learning. Hansen may turn out to be bad, but at least we don't know if he'll be good or bad once he gets some experience! :lol:

We're a bad team...

Or we're just a very young and inexperienced team, with not much depth and mounting injuries that have compounded the problem. :huh:

Next two games are very winnable. Bowl game can still be had. The season can still be a successful one. Chin up!! :thumbsup:

GO BUFFS!!!!

I think folks were hoping for a rebirth a la Kansas by putting in a mobile qb. Just reflecting back on the KU game, the D got some decent pressure on Reesing, but each time he just did a little scramble and made positive yardage. So the same logic suggests that the buffs would do the same. Only problem was that Mangino's system was in place and Hawkins is still trying to find his.

So now we have a two qb system with different packages for each QB. It would be effective if the line was fully developed and it's starters and not backups were playing. When you add a 2 qb-seperate package system into play to an already confused and questionable confident o-line, failure can result.

Whoever the QB is I want an offense that's not based in shotgun.

Or we're just a very young and inexperienced team, with not much depth and mounting injuries that have compounded the problem. :huh:

Next two games are very winnable. Bowl game can still be had. The season can still be a successful one. Chin up!! :thumbsup:

GO BUFFS!!!!

I guess I bow to your relentless optimism. I wish I knew what you were basing it on but oh well. We are now fans of a program better known for getting unmercifully crushed on a semi weekly basis by the conference elite than for winning the 1990 national title. Simple question: why would any elite recruit want to come here now after seeing the utter futility and incompetence demonstrated by the staff and the team week after week. Flame away kool aid drinkers but the Buffs should have just forfeited last night and saved themselves a humiliation. They clearly didn't have any interest or desire in playing so they might as well have stayed at the hotel. I'm going on record: one more worthless effort like last night and I'll be leading the fire Hawk movement. I don't care that there's no one out there to replace him with. Hire the coach from the Mesa State or hire Boulder high's coach, they could hardly do worse.

Are people forgetting that DScott committed after last years asswhuppin vs. Mizzou? A loss doesn't make or break our recruiting year.

Correct me if I'm wrong... early in the 2nd half, Hanson had moved the team from about the 20 across midfield - during this mini-drive he was 2-2 passing the ball. Then in comes Cody, and the drive dies. It appeared to me that the kid was beginning to establish a little momentum. Too many beers, or is this what happened?

Correct me if I'm wrong... early in the 2nd half, Hanson had moved the team from about the 20 across midfield - during this mini-drive he was 2-2 passing the ball. Then in comes Cody, and the drive dies. It appeared to me that the kid was beginning to establish a little momentum. Too many beers, or is this what happened?

Hawkins 3 and out killed any momentum Hansen had a chance at building int he first quarter too.

The 2 QBs needs to stop.

Spell the guy's name right.

I guess I bow to your relentless optimism. I wish I knew what you were basing it on but oh well. We are now fans of a program better known for getting unmercifully crushed on a semi weekly basis by the conference elite than for winning the 1990 national title. Simple question: why would any elite recruit want to come here now after seeing the utter futility and incompetence demonstrated by the staff and the team week after week. Flame away kool aid drinkers but the Buffs should have just forfeited last night and saved themselves a humiliation. They clearly didn't have any interest or desire in playing so they might as well have stayed at the hotel. I'm going on record: one more worthless effort like last night and I'll be leading the fire Hawk movement. I don't care that there's no one out there to replace him with. Hire the coach from the Mesa State or hire Boulder high's coach, they could hardly do worse.

OK, now you are just being a too emotional. You think Boulder High's coach would do any better? **** me, this board is full of people who would just commit program suicide for the sake of 'change'. No idea of what the issues are, or how long it might take to change them, or how bad things can get if the wrong 'changes' are made.

But enough about the election.:smile2::lol:

Hawkins 3 and out killed any momentum Hansen had a chance at building int he first quarter too.

The 2 QBs needs to stop.

This is true. Or at least, if you are going to switch QBs, do it on different series. What I see is that when hansen gets some 'mo', Cody comes in a kills it. All that has happened is that it has proved to us that Cody needs to stay on the sidelines and coach. Let Hansen play and get the reps and get some chemistry with the team.

Huh. Maybe we should go back to Ballenger. :smile2:

They have not changed QBs, they have only added more to the mix.

What would happen if another QB got to take the snaps and practice and actually get to have the entire game plan?

Changing QBs is the middle of a drive really helps a young QBs confidence.

They have not changed QBs, they have only added more to the mix.

What would happen if another QB got to take the snaps and practice and actually get to have the entire game plan?

Changing QBs is the middle of a drive really helps a young QBs confidence.

Hansen moves the ball to midfield,bring in cody. Brilliant!

They need to pick one guy(hansen) and stick with him and give him all the reps in practice.

4-4 and we cant move the ball... No brainer to me- Play the freshmen with the better arm and faster legs and let him progress....

I hope that this has nothing to do with the "father(coach)/son(QB)" theme the Hawkins family started in Boulder... Cody would be a quality starter contender in Boise where he originally committed...IMO

Back