What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Warning! Annual JimmyBuff August whining post.. Viewer discretion is advised..

JimmyBuff

Okay, I admit, I don't follow recruiting very hard. Other than looking at the commit list and seeing the stars, that's basically what I go by. Seeing where our recruiting is right now is very alarming.. Its August 1 and we have no high school player rated even a 3 star on our commit list.. Please give me an honest assessment recruiting gurus that our recruiting is not as bad as I see it right now.

Preview of JimmyBuff's next whine post:

How is Ron "Okruch" Collins still the DC? He is the......:lol::lol::lol::lol::thumbsup: Football is almost HERE!!

As long as you have a sense of humor about the whining, then I am better with it for some reason. Plus you have a Mustang for an avatar. I might have to ad you to my freinds list. This worries me.:wink2:

Last edited:
Oh, and I don't follow the recruiting too hard. We sucked last year and will have to show some marked improvement to get better players this year. Most of the better ones will wait to see how the season plays out. Most who commit early really want a particular school, or know that if they wait they may not get a school of CUs caliber. I would expect CU to not load up early to leave room for the late season bandwaggon recruits. I still think that we can squeak into a bowl game with 6 wins, so I think that will help alot.

I guess I don't understand fan expectations. Colorado is just getting over some pretty serious PR black eyes. No matter how you try to spin last season, it was not good. On top of that, CU does not have the tradition or the fan support that an OU or NU have. So, what does Hawk have to sell recruits on right now? Not a lot. Playing time? His vision for the future? Pretty sketchy.

Show good improvement this year and it'll get better as we get towards signing day.

I don't subscribe to any of the recruiting sites, but I do think that last year's class was very good. Especially considering the 2-10 record. I think in five years we may look back at the 2007 class and realize that it was outstanding.

I am not worried at all about the commit list right now as we have 6-7 months to go. I think that if the team pulls another 2-10, 3-9, then you can worry. But if they win 5-7 games, the recruits will come.

i am worried about the commit list, but i have hope for the future. i think it really all comes down to showing some real excitement and improvement on the field this season. if that happens, the staff will get some big time commits, i think. they are working really hard and they are in on a lot of guys, but i think a lot of the bluechippers are taking a wait and see attitude with the Buffs.

but, jon major is one of the top lb prospects in the country and he has CU in his top 7 (he just eliminated usc and nebraska). that's good news and i think he will commit if CU has an ok year. and, darrell scott is the top rb prospect in the country and he also has CU among his favorites. i guess josh smith is his uncle and also scott has bonded with hagan. so, just those 2 guys (neither of whom is likely to commit early) could change the whole perception of the Buffs' list this year. that's a 5 star, top 5 in the country player, and a high 4 star guy too.

and, fwiw, some of the 2 stars who have committed to CU are going to get upgraded during their senior years... hansen the qb has gotten some glowing reviews from non-CU analysts and they say he is really good. and ewing's video is amazing. he hits like a mack truck. so, there are some guys in the class already that will help. and blackmon and surrency are soft commits and they are 4 star and 5 star, respectively, at wide receiver and if CU has a good year and shows it can throw it around in the offense, i think they will both come to CU.

so, it is worrisome now but there are some reasons for hope, ya know?

i am worried about the commit list, but i have hope for the future. i think it really all comes down to showing some real excitement and improvement on the field this season. if that happens, the staff will get some big time commits, i think. they are working really hard and they are in on a lot of guys, but i think a lot of the bluechippers are taking a wait and see attitude with the Buffs.

but, jon major is one of the top lb prospects in the country and he has CU in his top 7 (he just eliminated usc and nebraska). that's good news and i think he will commit if CU has an ok year. and, darrell scott is the top rb prospect in the country and he also has CU among his favorites. i guess josh smith is his uncle and also scott has bonded with hagan. so, just those 2 guys (neither of whom is likely to commit early) could change the whole perception of the Buffs' list this year. that's a 5 star, top 5 in the country player, and a high 4 star guy too.

and, fwiw, some of the 2 stars who have committed to CU are going to get upgraded during their senior years... hansen the qb has gotten some glowing reviews from non-CU analysts and they say he is really good. and ewing's video is amazing. he hits like a mack truck. so, there are some guys in the class already that will help. and blackmon and surrency are soft commits and they are 4 star and 5 star, respectively, at wide receiver and if CU has a good year and shows it can throw it around in the offense, i think they will both come to CU.

so, it is worrisome now but there are some reasons for hope, ya know?

excellent post - REP :thumbsup:

<kool-aid>

Also, the other kid (Manke or something like that) who is the safety from Colorado is thought of pretty well. There is some argument as to weather or not he is just as good or better the 4* Brewster. I have not seen either play, but I know that a lot of people think that he is almost or just as good, just does not have the name and the Mullen PR machine behind him.

I'll put a positive spin on the recruiting. There are very few commits, yes. But we were 2-10 last year. I think the fact that we are still in with a lot of big recruits, and in well I think speaks to the effort of the staff. A lot of teams that go 2-10 just get the courtesy mention and that is it, but we seem to be in the top two or three for some big recruits (Scott, Major and the big DT from Hawaii). We have to show improvement this season and we will have a solid class for a team coming off a 2-10 season.
On another note: every one of our incoming freshmen made it in this year. So far only missing Gates, whom the coaches are optimistic about. Compare that to Auburns top 25 class where so far 10 or their 30 are not going to get in, and a few more are still on the bubble. Hawk did a good job working with the kids, and with the CU admissions people.

<\kool-aid>

I'm not too worried at this point. I don't think too many of the top prospect are going to jump on CU early because of their record last year. I think Hawkins has to show improvement from last year and then I think you'll see the recruits begin to commit. Right now we are just a 2-10 team with some new energy in the program, but show the recruits some improvement and the opportunity to possiby play early, then you have something to offer.

If we can somehow slip into a bowl, it will help tremendously. If on the other hand we have another poor season, then we up **** creek. Hawkins has to start winning - I'm not saying 8 or nine wins, but 7 would be a very successful season for a second year coach who took over a program that was in a ditch - I think GB's last recruiting class was ranked #48.

Back