What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Was Dyer down?

Was he down?

• Yep

Votes: 9 17.6%
  • Nope

Votes: 42 82.4%

• Total voters
The sad thing is. . . .Fairley is pretty average other than his dirty reputation. Just another 6"2 fat dude who can move a little. Most of his "TFL's" came when Oregon's QB made the wrong read on the spread option. That guy is no Suh.

Ya. the UO QB was makingterrible reads all night. really rusty looking.

I think the difference in last night's game, and the Arkansas bowl game (where the player was ruled DOWN) is that in the Arkansas game - it was the ball carrier's BALL CARRYING HAND / WRIST that was on the turf. Last night - the hand that is allegedly "down" is the NON-BALL CARRYING HAND / WRIST.

[video=youtube;VqkAEWVNj6I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqkAEWVNj6I&feature=player_embedded#![/video]

Nowhere at all does this video show a wrist hitting the ground....If his left wrist is actually touching the ground his hand would have to be parallel to his arm, otherwise what's touching the ground is his hand

In any event....I hate that these lame ducky's are even getting the chance to get all butt hurt over this 1 play....think it was apparent that Auburn was the better team

I just wanted OT. Didn't really care who won.

^^^^^ This!

I was actually slightly rooting for Oregon, only because of the conference affiliation, but I would have loved to see the game go into overtime and come down to requiring 2-point conversions to determine the winner.

Gotta say no and if something did touch, like ankle or wrist, I dont think it was clear enough to change it. For the record, I didnt think anything touched and it was a good call. Oregon should blame themselves for not finishing the play.
I also thought that either Tuinei (on the 40 yard pass) or Barner (on 3rd and goal at the 5) could have scored it they ran a little harder. Gotta credit the Auburn defenders for making tremendous tackles, but I think both players could have scored on those plays if they went hard to the goal line.

I also thought that either Tuinei (on the 40 yard pass) or Barner (on 3rd and goal at the 5) could have scored it they ran a little harder. Gotta credit the Auburn defenders for making tremendous tackles, but I think both players could have scored on those plays if they went hard to the goal line.

A little high-stepping from Tuinei would have gotten him into the end zone. You almost never see that anymore though, because refs throw the flag for excessive celebration, but i think they used to teach it.

Nowhere at all does this video show a wrist hitting the ground....If his left wrist is actually touching the ground his hand would have to be parallel to his arm, otherwise what's touching the ground is his hand

In any event....I hate that these lame ducky's are even getting the chance to get all butt hurt over this 1 play....think it was apparent that Auburn was the better team

I don't think that's true at all. They lost by three, but missed a one yard TD. Sure, then Auburn goes for it and wins, but a close game. I think the Oregon speed made up for a lot of their deficiencies.

Back