What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Was moving to the Pac a mistake?

So, once again, Jizla steps on his crank and publishes a poorly constructed and half witted piece of drivel that is somehow supposed to make us question the move. This from the retard who suggested we would be better off in the MWC. He needs to go sniff Dante Bichete's jock a little more.

Kizla doesn't give a flip where we play. His job is to sell newspapers, and creating an imaginary controversy is one way to get readers.

Kizla doesn't give a flip where we play. His job is to sell newspapers, and creating an imaginary controversy is one way to get readers.
Believe me. I get his shtick. I rarely read his stuff unless it is about CU or something else I may care about.

Our attendance wouldn't be any better if we were this bad in the Big 12 (with the exception of a guaranteed sellout every other year against the fuskers). What makes you think Embree would have done that much better there? The Pac was very down his first year here and we went 2-7. I think we'd be in the same predicament we are now, with the only added benefit being that we could play Kansas every year.

Believe me. I get his shtick. I rarely read his stuff unless it is about CU or something else I may care about.

But when you do read it and post about it, you're just feeding a troll. Better to ignore him for the untalented hack he is.

And I trust you got your answer. :D

Not to throw a piece of flaming dog**** into a cotton-filled dumpster here, and certainly NOT to team up with Kiz, but it's obvious that the B12 is a better conference at the top over then last 2 years than is the Pac 12. No argument there.

The big 12 is the least stable conference out of the five, no one wants to be in it, even oklahoma is sick of what is going on.

What pisses me off about Kiszla is the constant bitching about how colorado can't conpete with the big boys while all he talks about is trying to get cSU into a bigger conference. So colorado can't compete in the pac but csu who didn't even win their division last year in their best year in a decade should move up into a power conference? He is just a complete hypocrite.

There should be a desire to compete with the biggest and best schools in this country.

Not to throw a piece of flaming dog**** into a cotton-filled dumpster here, and certainly NOT to team up with Kiz, but it's obvious that the B12 is a better conference at the top over then last 2 years than is the Pac 12. No argument there.

This year yes last year definitely not. I would wait for the best teams in the conference to actually play each other before claiming the big 12 is so amazing. Ou and osu still have to play, oSU still has to play baylor. Things will change. Also the PAC 12 might have 10 bowl eligible teams out of 12 this year, good if you ask me.

1. Jiz suggests every year that CU should have moved to the Mountain West during the Great Realignment where they could remain competitive. **** him.
2. The decline in our home attendance is the result of lost hope in the worst years of the football program. I'm guessing we fill the visitors' sections better on our conference road trips than we did in the Big 12.
3. Having many ties to Texas and A&M, I miss going head to head with those schools in all sports every year and being able to represent the Buffs when they come to my state to play. I miss the old regional Big 8 foes and I miss the day after Thanksgiving. I wasn't broken up by the NU series going on hiatus but ending the regular season with the culmination of that hatred and being able to do something about it to close the year with a win over them was special in a way that playing Utah just doesn't match. None of this happens in a vacuum though, and the reality is the conference was crumbling with its center of power shifting disproportionately south and so many other schools defecting. Even with three undefeateds a little over a week ago they were getting passed over with regularity in playoff talk. And we'd likely have 2 conference wins instead of 1 this year if we were still playing in the Big 12, so not a big difference. Long-term and for all of our sports the Pac-12 is where we belong. Being able to close out football games with a win will silence all of these dumb columns and let Kiszla find another subject to spew garbage about.

@Skiddy, cruel and inhuman punishment for Mrs. DBT. She needs AB.

Intersting perspective, Z. I was also about to admonish DBT for his bad habit of telling us all about some inane commentary he heard on sports talk radio.

It occurs to me that time spent reading the DP or listening to sports radio is also time spent not posting on Allbuffs. If he wasn't blathering about Kiszla, he'd be writing about home improvement, colonoscopies, dying relatives, dying colleagues, golf outings, car problems, maui vacations, the montforts, exorbitant college tuition fees, and lord knows what else.

Perhaps I should show more gratitude. :p

Kiszla is old. Readers of newspapers are old. Old people have a lot of Big 8/ Big 12 memories. Old Coloradans also relate more to the state being more country-western and the city of Denver being more of a cowtown rather than an economic tech and entrepreneurial center of the new west... and politically much more like California (we had gay marriage when they didn't and legalized recreational marijuana when they haven't, for example).

In short, he's pandering to a bunch of old folks who sit around waxing nostalgic about the "good ole days"... because they read newspapers.

Kiszla is old. Readers of newspapers are old. Old people have a lot of Big 8/ Big 12 memories. Old Coloradans also relate more to the state being more country-western and the city of Denver being more of a cowtown rather than an economic tech and entrepreneurial center of the new west... and politically much more like California (we had gay marriage when they didn't and legalized recreational marijuana when they haven't, for example).

In short, he's pandering to a bunch of old folks who sit around waxing nostalgic about the "good ole days"... because they read newspapers.

Please stop using logic to rationalize this crap

1. If Jizla says it, it is wrong. That is simple fact. In any event paying attention to him is counter to common sense and a waste of time.

2. The only advantage of us still being in the B12 would be that we would have Kansas to beat up on and some other weak sisters so our record in conference would be better. It also wouldn't matter because those wins don't matter to most fans in the country. The B12 is seen as a top heavy league with a terrible bottom. It would drag us down by association.

3. In the PAC we are more connected with our alumni base. When we finally get decent we will benefit from the PAC12 media centers. In the B12 the only media markets that matter are in Texas and they don't recognize that anything exist outside of their own state.

4. We did effectively give up links in the Texas recruiting markets but added in California. Both are rich, we just have to recruit better. Period.

5. In the B12 everything including revenue is dominated by the boys in funny hats. Our revenue potential in the PAC is higher, more stable, and much more secure for the long term.

6 Most important - We don't have to share a conference with TEXAS.

or Baylor, TCU, etc.

But when you do read it and post about it, you're just feeding a troll. Better to ignore him for the untalented hack he is.

And I trust you got your answer. :D
Well, I posted it, mainly, because I read our attendance stats yesterday and kind of had the question in my mind. I then decided to make a thread after reading his column. If he's asking the question, others will.

Intersting perspective, Z. I was also about to admonish DBT for his bad habit of telling us all about some inane commentary he heard on sports talk radio.

It occurs to me that time spent reading the DP or listening to sports radio is also time spent not posting on Allbuffs. If he wasn't blathering about Kiszla, he'd be writing about home improvement, colonoscopies, dying relatives, dying colleagues, golf outings, car problems, maui vacations, the montforts, exorbitant college tuition fees, and lord knows what else.

Ouch!

His dog's ACLsurgeries, you forgot the dog's health issues.

Can we keep Snow and Orr out of this thread. They might just take this recent turn of subject someplace I don't want to think about.

1) Prune this thread and move to the island
2) Rename the Island of Misfit Threads "DBT's Violated Colon"
3) ???
4) Profit

trying to figure out if I give you credit for "prune" and "colon"

11/15 - Poulet aux Prunes

220px-Poulet-aux-prunes-film-post.png

Back