What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Was moving to the Pac a mistake?

Our conference is too tough? Our team is a tragedy. I'm glad it's our fans the aspire to ballet rather than our players!

Last edited:
Anyone who blames the conference for CU's ineptitude needs to take a long look in the mirror.

CU's nosedive into sucky irrelevance is 100% self-inflicted, regardless of conference affiliation.
This conference is a complete bitch any given year. The media in the East doesn't get it. Who has Clemson played besides Notre Dame? Have you looked at Bailers schedule? The Big 12 is a joke, most teams there have only beat a couple teams with a winning record. The PAC killed itself this year because almost everyone here can beat your ass any given week. Welcome to the gun club. Enjoy.

Welcome to the gun club. Enjoy.

What is it with you and gun references?

And who the **** are you to welcome CU to the P12 or big boy football, Sally?

Take a peak at CU's 1990 schedule and let me know if Utah has ever faced anything tougher.

Yeah, CU fans know a thing or two about meat grinders.

Last edited by a moderator:
This conference is a complete bitch any given year. The media in the East doesn't get it. Who has Clemson played besides Notre Dame? Have you looked at Bailers schedule? The Big 12 is a joke, most teams there have only beat a couple teams with a winning record. The PAC killed itself this year because almost everyone here can beat your ass any given week. Welcome to the gun club. Enjoy.
This is exactly what the Beaver fans said after we snuck up on them and ruined their dream season.

What is it with you and gun references?

And who the **** are you to welcome CU to the P12 or big boy football, Sally.

Take a peak at CU's 1990 schedule and let me know if Utah has ever faced anything tougher.

Yeah, CU fans know a thing or two about meat grinders.
It wasn't just the 90 season, it seems as though there were several seasons after, in which CU's schedule was ranked toughest in the nation.

You're treading on thin ice quoting Jizla. Doesn't he just publish that same tired article year after year? Lazy, banal, pointless "journalism".

The big 12 is the least stable conference out of the five, no one wants to be in it, even oklahoma is sick of what is going on.

What pisses me off about Kiszla is the constant bitching about how colorado can't conpete with the big boys while all he talks about is trying to get cSU into a bigger conference. So colorado can't compete in the pac but csu who didn't even win their division last year in their best year in a decade should move up into a power conference? He is just a complete hypocrite.

There should be a desire to compete with the biggest and best schools in this country.
But the lammies knocked off that mighty juggernaut UNLV in front of 15,000 rabid fans!! Thank goodness they're building a much needed new stadium.

It wasn't just the 90 season, it seems as though there were several seasons after, in which CU's schedule was ranked toughest in the nation.

Damn strait. Compare the media guide pages showing each team versus ranked opponents. You'll see Utah rarely played 3 ranked teams in a single season until joining the Pac 12. The most they've ever faced is 4, in 2013. The Utes have never have faced a top ranked team.

CU on the other hand, has played 5 or more ranked teams in one season 17 times. CU played 7 ranked teams three times. The Buffs played the #1 team 9 times. Pretty sick.

image.png image.png image.png

Last edited by a moderator:
We definitely miss the revenue all the visitors used to bring us. Personally, I'll live without all the Red, Purple, and burnt Orange.

And as soon as CU gets bowl competitive, Folsom will be packed again.

We definitely miss the revenue all the visitors used to bring us. Personally, I'll live without all the Red, Purple, and burnt Orange.

And as soon as CU gets bowl competitive, Folsom will be packed again.

That was always something that I believed was a problem with CU football culture. Too much of the attendance was about the opponent instead of about seeing the Buffs. The most successful programs have a culture where every game is an "event" because the home team is playing and the opponent hardly matters. CU was reliant on selling the opponent. That's being forced to change and it is a good thing.

That was always something that I believed was a problem with CU football culture. Too much of the attendance was about the opponent instead of about seeing the Buffs. The most successful programs have a culture where every game is an "event" because the home team is playing and the opponent hardly matters. CU was reliant on selling the opponent. That's being forced to change and it is a good thing.

It's all about the culture. ALL about the culture. Even crap teams in the SEC sell out big stadiums. Watching p12 games, even big games, you can see empty seats everywhere. It's not good or bad. It just is what it is. I believe part of it has to do with a more active lifestyle culture in the west. Why watch other dudes play when I could be playing myself (mountain biking, surfing, camping, hiking, etc.)? Just think, most p12 locations are also major tourist destinations. Now contrast that to SEC locations. Nice towns with friendly people, but nobody is going to Starkville or Auburn or College Station on vacation.

Well, I posted it, mainly, because I read our attendance stats yesterday and kind of had the question in my mind. I then decided to make a thread after reading his column. If he's asking the question, others will.

Lord forbid Mark be thorough, and keep in mind he's pissed off because he was cold and plati wouldn't let him shut the press-box window so he's looking to troll. He is failing to account for the amount of tickets bohn used to give away to prop up numbers. The Gebhardt's are friends and as a sponsor there were some games I saw Bohn give them 250+ tickets to prop numbers, Rick doesnt do that.

The consensus is that it was not a bad move to come to the Pac and Kiszla sucks.

What's more fun on T+1, Nebraska or Utah?

CU v Utah is not very interesting to me. NU vs. CU has real hate. Cultures intertwined. Utah has this relationship with another school: BYU. And now that's been thrown out the window as well. All in the name of cash money. What a shame.

Was moving to the Pac a mistake?

Considering that the only other choice was staying in the same conference as Texas? A conference in which our rival N.ebraska was leaving along with Missouri and Tx a&m and being very much diminished going forward? Im talking money diminished as well as clout and level of competition.

Yeah, we made the right decision.

Kiszla is just filling news hole.

What's more fun on T+1, ****braska or Utah?

CU v Utah is not very interesting to me. NU vs. CU has real hate. Cultures intertwined. Utah has this relationship with another school: BYU. And now that's been thrown out the window as well. All in the name of cash money. What a shame.

Nebraska left the Big 12 too.

You can look at it a number of ways, but no matter how you look at it, the answer is always the same: no.

It's true we would probably have a better record in the Big 12, but that assumes the league didn't disintegrate the way it did. I'd love to have ****braska and Missouri on the schedule this year. Thing is, they both left, too. So from a football perspective, the answer is "no".

From a revenue standpoint, it's not even an argument. We don't get these facilities done in the Big 12.

From a non-football perspective, it's also not even an argument. Every sport we have has improved significantly since the move to the PAC 12. Every. One.

So, once again, Jizla steps on his crank and publishes a poorly constructed and half witted piece of drivel that is somehow supposed to make us question the move. This from the retard who suggested we would be better off in the MWC. He needs to go sniff Dante Bichete's jock a little more.

Uh, just to let you know, Wetmore's XC teams were top notch BEFORE joining the PAC 12. They've continued at the high level they were at .

Only to echo what most of the rest are saying - no. One of the smartest things this university has done was to leave the BIG.

In football we are going through some tough times but if we have to have a time when the program is in a funk I would rather be losing to the likes of Stanford, Cal, SC, etc.... than to ****ler, the toads, whorns and cowgirls.

Back