What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Was the OC change the difference?

MiamiBuffs

YYZ
Club Member
Was Helfrich holding it together? Is Kiseau just not there. Sure seems to me that things are much worse since coach K go promoted to OC.

I might think there was something to that if the downward spiral hadn't started in game 4 at FSU last year. We're 5-12 from then (looking like 5-13 after today finishes).

Helfrich may really be>K. wow. never thought I would think that. However, I don't put this game on TH. we nearly had 10 drops. Speedy's fumbles... Nah, it was on everyone. Awful day of CU football.

It does not matter, week after week this team is not prepared to play 4 quarters of football....to many mistakes on the fundamentals of football

More to do with graduating the last of Barnett's players and Kai transferring, IMO. We have maybe 2-3 guys on OL/DL who play physical. The rest either just don't get it, or haven't gotten proper conditioning.

IMO, Helfriech < Kiseau. We were worse last year on O. Worse.

I can't believe it, but it's true.

We still run the same **** whether it's Helfrich or Kiseau though. We still run bootlegs and rollouts, end arounds and the ever brilliant play action pass on 3rd and long.

The only common factor is that Hawk is our coach.

No way. Our offense has been crap since 2006, but at least this year there are flashes of decent playcaling.

In defense of Kis, it's REALLY hard to call plays when your oline cannot run or pass block.

This offense was at the bottom half of every major statistic in the B12 last year as well. It is remarkable because Hawkins was supposed to be such an offensive innovator. You can google his "chameleon offense" and see profiles on how it was supposedly cutting edge O at BSU.

The penalties on offense, especially the continued false starts, has to be among the worst in the nation. Those kind of miscues are indicative of a lack of discipline, exactly the opposite of Boise. How could what was so successful at Boise be so inept here? The only thing that makes sense to me is that the true innovator must have been Peterson. They certainly haven't lost a step, if anything they have been better than ever since Hawkins' departure.

Back