What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Was the UO loss a blowout loss?

Was it a blowout?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Yeah I was there, how can you say we "should" have won a game against at team that went over 300 yards rushing? Oregon got blown out by Utah but that is probably not a good indication of who they really are. They still have talent and if you really want to see how much go look at their recruiting rankings the last couple years.
I have a life, I'll leave reviewing opponents historical recruiting to others. The game was ours for the taking, but we turned it over and played very Bufflike (sadly), culminated by laying an giant egg in the 2H. If you sat there in awe at the awesomeness of the UO talent, I guess we were watching different games.

#5 on UO was ridiculous. Crazy speed and even with angles our guys couldn't catch him.

I have a life, I'll leave reviewing opponents historical recruiting to others. The game was ours for the taking, but we turned it over and played very Bufflike (sadly), culminated by laying an giant egg in the 2H. If you sat there in awe at the awesomeness of the UO talent, I guess we were watching different games.

This wasn´t just a bad Oregon team, but a bad football team.

--

As for the original question: No. This game held my interest for more than a half, which hasn´t happened often with CU in recent years. CU blow outs, and god knows how many there´ve been since we joined the P12, are usually decided by the middle of the 2nd quarter.

I rated it a blowout simply because of the fact that even though the score didn't show it, the second half was entirely one-sided.

We were thoroughly dominated, and only a stupid decision by Helfrich kept us somewhat in the game.

Blowout more due to one team controlling the second half and imposing their will on the other team. Oregon controlled both lines of scrimmage in the second half. The score may have been close at times, but we never really challenged for a victory IMO.
I'm calling BS on that! One score and a critical 3rd and 3, for whcih the call was a reverse. Stop the reverse and UO punts, with who knows what happens next. That was the key play of the game and the Buffs were certainly challenging until that play happened.

Double BS for Jens and Alfred, that is still a talented UO bunch,. If Helfrich hadn't fubarred the QB decision for the Utah game, they wouldn't have been blown out; plus they will still contend for the North with that speed on both sides of the ball. You did notice another huge change with UO last Saturday: They moved their less than stellar DC from the booth down to the field. When I mentioned that to my kid, all the UO folks around me commented the DC should have been fired after the tOSU game, if not before..

Last edited:
I'm calling BS on that! One score and a critical 3rd and 3, for whcih the call was a reverse. Stop the reverse and UO punts, with who knows what happens next. That was the key play of the game and the Buffs were certainly challenging until that play happened.

So Oregon did not control the LOS on both sides of the ball in the second half?

So Oregon did not control the LOS on both sides of the ball in the second half?

This is the what-if game is played. Well, what-if UO actually punted and pinned us inside the 20 instead of foolishly going for it on 4th down? But there will be a lot of what-if we had stopped them after our punt? These scenarios drive me nuts. It's the 17 plays to a bowl season type of thinking, imo.

Back