What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Wash Post saying deal isn't done, calls Denver Post report premature

I'm not sure if he did it intentionally in order to get Embree the job, or if he just wanted to get himself a spot as the media's unofficial official contact at this point in the search.

Really? You think all of this was so he could be quoted in the paper? Or be on the news? Come on. He saw very early on that he wasn't going to be given any serious consideration, so he decided to be the puppet master. Once he saw things going his way, he decided to seal the deal by going public. I just hope he sweet talked EB into a commitment before opening his mouth, because now EB and JE have ALL of the leverage. If things fall apart and CU gets egg on their face, it will be Mac's doing.

I am certainly not a Bohn honk, but I don't understand why this board treats him like a piñata at EVERY chance they get. IMO this was not botched by Bohn, it was botched by Mac. Bohn's only mistake was doing what everyone on this board would have wanted and allowed Mac's input. Damned if you do, Damn if you don't.

Really? You think all of this was so he could be quoted in the paper? Or be on the news? Come on. He saw very early on that he wasn't going to be given any serious consideration, so he decided to be the puppet master. Once he saw things going his way, he decided to seal the deal by going public. I just hope he sweet talked EB into a commitment before opening his mouth, because now EB and JE have ALL of the leverage. If things fall apart and CU gets egg on their face, it will be Mac's doing.

I am certainly not a Bohn honk, but I don't understand why this board treats him like a piñata at EVERY chance they get. IMO this was not botched by Bohn, it was botched by Mac. Bohn's only mistake was doing what everyone on this board would have wanted and allowed Mac's input. Damned if you do, Damn if you don't.

I can see that point but Bohn should have been talking to EB and Embree and whoever else on the flight back from Kansas. I understand it is a little more difficult to talk to other college coaches during the season but those NFL guys are fair game. Hell, he should have been lining people up through back channels since halftime of last year's Toledo game.

no reason at all he couldn't have made the announcement prior to Dec 1. And I don't know how many people are involved with the intimate details but who ever is leaking all the info to Mac and the press is screwing us big time and that is something Bohn should be able to control.

I guess the main reason I'm not sold that Mac did this in order to get JE the job is that I'm not sure it really does that. If Mac makes those statements and Bohn and the committee decide to go another direction, all it does is make Mac look a bit out of touch. I really don't think they're going to hire a coach because Mac said that's who they were hiring...

I totally agree with your second paragraph. But Bohn's one undeniable weakness is hiring coaches. And that's the part of all this I'm nervous about. The rest of the job I actually think he does pretty well, and most of the hate being fired at him I suspect has more to do with people already deciding they hate him, then figuring out how his every action fits into that hate... One thing that I think is pretty safe to say - after the last couple days, if Bohn were to leave I'm pretty sure Mac won't be replacing him as the AD...

Maybe people don't like bohn because of his track record of failed hires? Being a jellyfish and pushed around by administration? As junc stated, in other area's he's been great, but his hires and dealings with the program are what has him in line to be NEXT ON THE...

choppingblock.jpg

WHO'S BITCHING ABOUT IT??? I haven't said one ****ing thing about the timeline for hiring a coach. Nothing. My bitch is WHO the choice is. Try again....

AND YOU SHOULDN'T BE BITCHING ABOUT THAT! You don't know how this is gonna pan out, give the man a ****ing chance or pick a different team!

I can see that point but Bohn should have been talking to EB and Embree and whoever else on the flight back from Kansas. I understand it is a little more difficult to talk to other college coaches during the season but those NFL guys are fair game. Hell, he should have been lining people up through back channels since halftime of last year's Toledo game.

no reason at all he couldn't have made the announcement prior to Dec 1. And I don't know how many people are involved with the intimate details but who ever is leaking all the info to Mac and the press is screwing us big time and that is something Bohn should be able to control.

Lets face it you dont know **** do you?

Back