What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Washington Hires Chris Petersen

After some thought, really like this hire for us. Peterson isn't likely to set the recruiting world on fire, and may not be able to handle the heat that comes with a big job. Both the USC and UW hires allow for CU to make up ground on them.

After some thought, really like this hire for us. Peterson isn't likely to set the recruiting world on fire, and may not be able to handle the heat that comes with a big job. Both the USC and UW hires allow for CU to make up ground on them.

Peterson was known as a good recruiter at Oregon. He has BCS level recruiting experience and is going to be recruiting the same areas he did as Boise Head Coach. It is going to be easier to get into the front door of recruits as the UW HC than it was as the BSU HC.

SIAP but what is happening with Kiesau?

I think you have to see how things shake out...Who Goes with SS to USC and who goes with CP to UW. I know that Sarkisian likes Kiesau and he is considered a good recruiter, But the USC WR coach is staying on with Sarkisian.
[h=1][/h]

A good recruiter is a good recruiter at any level. Having BCS level recruiting experience is NOT an issue.

Sales guys can sell. Evaluatiin is the same as well.

Opinions are like assholes, but I can't shake the feeling that this will end in a mediocre outcome for UW. He rode the wave into slow decline and jumped ship before he had no options (8-4 is wildly different than undefeated and BCS bound).

My gut tells me that UW fairs well for a year or two before dropping.

More compelling than hard data?

This is just one stat and you have to take it with a grain of salt, but all time head to head winning % of Big 12 vs. Pac 12 is 48% in favor of Pac, which is basically even. I'm not saying that the SEC is not the best conference today and prob for the past several years. I'm saying that top to bottom there is not a ton of difference across all coferences over the years. Some teams are up some years and others are down.

A random example.....but take the Arizona or Arizona State teams today and I think they beat a lot of the SEC teams.

Slow down....asu couldn't beat ND....sec would roll ax schools.

Dan Hawkins part deux. He was exposed this season, playing in an actual conference (albeit a bad one), rather than that joke of a **** conference Boise State used to be in. He was smart to cut and run before the nation caught on and realize he feasted on a terribly easy schedule for many years

Guys any school losing Doug Martin and Kellen Moore would have a let down....8-4 is something to really joke about. Don't forget what he accomplished.

This is a good hire for UW and for the PAC 12. I think you can reasonably argue the Pac now has the best coaches.

From my perspective the comparisons to Hawkins seem basic and lacking effort/incite to what this hire means for us, UW, and the conference. Plus no matter how you look at it, whether it is team record, recruiting, facilities or coaches, we rank in the bottom third. And I am a big fan of Coach MacIntyre.

8-4 in the MWC?

Not impressed at all

To be fair, he's 6-2 in the MWC.

I love it, the guy is 92-12 and he has a "down" season at 8-4 and suddenly he's been exposed. If CU had hired this guy, you'd be walking around with a boner for weeks.

Oh yeah totally not impressed 92-12.....57-6 in conference

i bet everyday of your life was better than the last?
I'm not saying his overall record and accomplishments isn't impressive, but 8-4 in a bad MWC isn't something that should impress people. CSU went 7-6 this year and we kicked them. According to Sagarin Boise State played the 95th toughest schedule in 2013, so yeah I'd expect more from him for 2013.

I love it, the guy is 92-12 and he has a "down" season at 8-4 and suddenly he's been exposed. If CU had hired this guy, you'd be walking around with a boner for weeks.
I'd be pretty weary of hiring another Boise State guy

Crazy talk. Worst conf finish is 2nd place. 2-0 in bcs bowl games. Bowl game every year. I bet the bowl streak remains intact.

Can you really claim that second "BC$" victory when you didn't play an actual BC$ team?

Boise isn't in deep trouble going forward because they're an established mid-major program in an awful conference, but I think their BC$ buster days are over. Of course, the BC$ isn't even around after this year, so there's that.

As for Petersen, I still think it's a good move for CU and rest of the Pac-12, not so much for UDub. It's much easier getting your knob polished in small-town Boise, getting whoever you want into school and winning recruiting battles with Fresno St than it is getting kids in UDub and winning recruiting battles with Oregon, UCLA, U$C, and Stanford. Not to mention the heat will be on from the beginning in Seattle. It has been mentioned before that Sark left the cupboard pretty full. The fans and media know that too, and won't tolerate excuses if the Huskies struggle.

I've compared Helfrich to Skippy and to be honest, I forgot about him when the question about the worst coach in the Pac-12 was asked, but even so, Oregon is Oregon and it will be hard for the rest of the Pac to compete with them even with a sub-par HC. If Petersen can't beat Stanford and Oregon, he's probably going to feel the heat he's never felt in Boise. We'll see how he responds.

Boise's wins this year:

Tennessee-Martin
Air Force
Southern Miss
@Utah State
Nevada
@CSU
Wyoming
New Mexico

That looks like one decent win, compared to losses @ UDub, @Fresno, @BYU, and @ San Diego State.

IOW, they played 4 difficult games, and went 1-3 in them. They played 8 easy games, and went 7-1 in them.

Call it a 'down year' if you want, but just like CSU, they feasted on a terrible conference.

Boise's wins this year:

Tennessee-Martin
Air Force
Southern Miss
@Utah State
Nevada
@CSU
Wyoming
New Mexico

That looks like one decent win, compared to losses @ UDub, @Fresno, @BYU, and @ San Diego State.

IOW, they played 4 difficult games, and went 1-3 in them. They played 8 easy games, and went 7-1 in them.

Call it a 'down year' if you want, but just like CSU, they feasted on a terrible conference.
They have more of a track record than CSU

I can honestly say I would have been disappointed, but then, I attended both CU and ASU.

Back