What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Watched some of KU vs. KSU today

i, for one, would love to have baseball back. i occasionally, casually watch a college ball game on channelsurfing.net on the weekends (kinda while i'm doing other stuff)....if there's a game between ranked teams in the SEC or Big XII. it's a good time.

Baseball would be an atrociously expensive sport to have at CU. Issue #1 - facilities. We don't have any. Our baseball field has been converted to a soccer complex. We'd have to build from the ground up. Issue #2 - priorities. It's more important to bring the football and basketball facilities up to par with the rest of the Big 12 before we run around spending money on baseball teams that we don't have. Issue #3 - cost. It's high. 20 or so scholarships, plus coaches, uniforms, equipment, etc. Issue #4 - Title IX. We'd need to bring back women's softball at the same time, which would double the cost of everything. Issue #5 - potential revenue. Not much. You can't get enough people to pay enough money to see college baseball to make it economically feasible. This means that football and basketball have to carry a bigger load. Which brings us back to issue #2, Priorities.

I'm resigned to the fact that we won't see baseball at CU in my lifetime. The only way it could possibly happen is if a very wealthy benefactor came along and endowed the department with enough money to operate the programs.

I realize that, but it still sucks. I laughed when they were talking about the Big 12 teams and they kept saying Big 12, should have been saying Big 11.:lol:

I realize that, but it still sucks. I laughed when they were talking about the Big 12 teams and they kept saying Big 12, should have been saying Big 11.:lol:

Technically, they could have called it the Big 10, as ISU doesn't have baseball, either. I think there's another conference out there that has dibs on that name, though. I could be mistaken.

Back