What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Watson leaving NU for New Mexico?

Quarterback is the only spot that concerns me. As for lineman, we only lose Matt Slauson and Lydon Murtha on the offensive line. Receivers, should be quite a bit of a drop off with Swift and Peterson graduating. But, we have Menelik Holt, and Niles Paul, who have seen quite a bit of playing time the past two years. We return two very good tight ends, and most know the story at running back, with Roy Helu Jr, Quentin Castille, and Marcus Mendoza returning. On defense, we lose Zach Potter, and Ty Steinkuhler on the defensive line. At linebacker, we lose Tyler Wortman, and Cody Glenn. Wortman is probably a significant loss, but Cody Glenn only has shown flashes in moments where he has been healthy to play, or not suspended for selling his alotted tickets. In the secondary, we lose Armando Murillo, and no other starters. Asante, Thenarse, Amukamara, West, and Blue all return.
The secondary has very good young players. But, as much as I would be excited that we return 6 players on offense, and 6 players on defense...no one will ever really know how things will play out until next season. I was impressed by some of Colorado's players. Mostly Sumler. Sumler has kind of a bowling ball style of running. I think that Tyler Hansen gives you your best bet to win ball games, but since Cody is Hawk's son, I doubt you see a change, unless Cody starts throwing picks left and right (like Joe Dailey, ugh). Nebraska and Colorado should have good seasons next year. The game on November 27, I hope decides the Big 12 North. Good luck to you guys next year.

Actually I think Cody is on the chopping block more because he is Hawk's son. If you follow CU football, you notice how much Hawk actually seems to be harder on Cody than the other players. Cody's career was done had Hansen taken over. The week prior to the ISU game, Tyler took all of the 1st team snaps, and they were planning on him starting the whole game. Cody almost singlehandedly won us the ISU game after Hansen was ineffective in the 1st half, and they brought in Cody hoping for a spark, where he proceeded to pass for 4 TD's. He has earned every start he has played.

Back