What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Wavering USC commitments

Duff Man

Club Member
Club Member
Junta Member
From the Rivals west coast analyst a couple days ago:

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1231574

It's probably unlikely that all nine commits stay committed and there have been lots of rumors lately that wide receivers Jordan Payton and Jaydon Mickens and athlete Darreus Rogers are seriously looking around.
To this point, we have only offered Payton and have not shown much interest in the other two. Hopefully that changes. I could not find a good highlight video for Rogers, but I did for Mickens. The "Percy Harvin role" has been discussed recently and this is one kid who could be deadly in the role. He lines up all over the place and the spin move at the 1:47 mark is sick.

[video=youtube;nG5lWLSluBk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nG5lWLSluBk[/video]

Would love to have any of them. I watched Mickens highlights back when I watched Jeremiah Allison's, the kid is a big time playmaker. Like you said, exactly the type of kid you go out of your way to get the ball to.

Payton is still my #1 WR recruit, though. That guy would be the best WR we have had since.. Westbrook probably? A legit #1 WR.

Going to be interesting to watch this play out. USC's a force in recruiting, but they've got some serious *****s in the armor this year.

I think we will see the PAC12 talent even out a bit now and frankly, USC's staff isn't put together for success without great players. They have some great recruiters for sure, but I'm not convinced they have the best coaches. Both USC and UCLA are not in good hands.

Would really like to see their talent go up north if not to CU. Long term, the north will always be at a disadvantage for SoCal kids. There will be a trickle down effect to every team, as other kids will then be released by the Oregon's and Washington's.

Lastly, I root for mild success by Neuheisel. Not a great year, just a decent enough year. He has a lot kids back this year and if he can go bowling and save his job, that is all good news for us. We need him at UCLA for another 3 years to get this baby running.

Payton has now decommitted/mutually parted with USC. Mickens and Rogers might not be far behind. I do not think we have much of a shot with Payton, but I think we could be a decent option for the other two if we initiate some contact.

Payton has now decommitted/mutually parted with USC. Mickens and Rogers might not be far behind. I do not think we have much of a shot with Payton, but I think we could be a decent option for the other two if we initiate some contact.

Didn't Payton visit and came away impressed? Does he just want to stay closer to home?

Also, how many years is USC limited in scholarships. Thanks in advanc.e

He enjoyed his Boulder trip, but it doesn't seem that he made a love connection here. I'd be surprised if he comes to CU. Not like I haven't been wrong before, though.

He enjoyed his Boulder trip, but it doesn't seem that he made a love connection here. I'd be surprised if he comes to CU. Not like I haven't been wrong before, though.

Shouldn't you stop being selfish and be taking a vacation?

You know what that means...
_009gtfo.gif

:bump:

We have now offered Rogers. Hope we can get a visit. USC's class is going to be very interesting to watch in general. Lots of their commits are taking visits and could jump ship, but they are also in on several really good prospects.

Welcome to Pac-12 recruiting.:popcorn:

time for EB and Embree's UCLA time to pay off. though, to be honest, my UCLA buddy drags on Embree as unexceptional....and frankly, given where UCLA has been since the massively overrated Terry Donahue...he may be an expert. loves EB though.

not a dig at Coach, here, just reportage.

Back