What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Way too early Pac-12 prediction for the Buffs

I don't want to make a prediction until I hear how the offseason goes.

If at some point I hear, "this was an incredible offseason. The players are so much stronger and really buying into the system. By far our best offseason yet", I will immediately predict a three win season.

What if you hear:

"[player that nobody's heard of] is having an amazing spring. We won't be able to keep him off the field!"
"Defense is ahead of the offense right now"
"Clean some things up/work on the little things"
"The chemistry on this team is unlike anything I've ever been a part of."
Anything with the word "deal" in it, ie: "It's tough to get this deal working in just a few practices"
"We took this practice time to go to Water World instead/The LBers really dominated in the water balloon toss this afternoon"

I'd be pretty pumped if I don't hear that last one ever again.

1)Not really. We just didn't have an epic collapse. Remember we were way up on KU and still got spanked by NU.
2)We are losing our best olineman. Our secondary was a joke last year and we are losing our two best defensive players, both of whom were in the secondary.
3)Why? We don't know anything about Embos system right now, let alone how the team will react to it.
4)The competition will be better than KU, ISU, KSU, and the like next year. There is no one as ****ty as those teams on the schedule.

2)We will agree to disagree, the team was much different after Hawk was fired. We lose to KSU and ISU with Hawk. And there were three games before Hawk was fired we had a double digit lead going into 4th and lost them all.

3) Because I am getting very good feedback from players. This staff will have a way abotu them.

4) REALLY???? Lets see, we played 8 bowl teams this year, next year there are 7 on our schedule. With better coaching we should have had 8 wins with a tougher schedule in '10.

Ohio St=Oklahoma
Oregon>Missouri
Stanford=Missouri
Arizona=Baylor
Washington=Kansas st
Hawaii=Hawaii
Utah=Texas Tech

Georgia

Last edited:
@Hawaii W (UH loses a ton of 2 deep to graduation on both sides of ball, we repeat recipe from this year and pound out a win)
Cupcake W (Embree does NOT repeat Hawk history and destroys some cupcake)
Colorado State W
@Ohio State L
Washington State W
@Stanford L
@Washington W (no Locker and really an underachieving team)
Oregon L (no chance)
@ ASU L (they should be improved)
USC W (depth could be an issue for USC at this point in the season, and playing at altitude in November)
Arizona W (again playing at altitude in butt cold November)
@ UCLA W
@ Utah L (they are consistently good and will be jacked up at home)

I think opposing Pac 12 teams are going to learn the hard way that Colorado has the best natural home field in the conference at the highest elevation and the south teams coming in here in Oct/Nov are not going to like the cold.

I think we squeak into a bowl game at 7-6.

^^This.^^

BUT- I'm skeptical of a new found desire to win on the road, especially in stadiums this team has never traveled to. I think that UCLA on the road against Skippy might be a tall order. 6-7 more likely, unless Embo and Scooter can make some serious headway on the recruiting side. But with the light freshman class we have now, six wins is a reasonable expectation. 7 would be fantastic, and if we have 7 wins going into the Utah game I'm rolling to Salt Pork City to fling black and gold jello from the stands....

2)We will agree to disagree, the team was much different after Hawk was fired. We lose to KSU and ISU with Hawk. And there were three games before Hawk was fired we had a double digit lead going into 4th and lost them all.

3) Because I am getting very good feedback from players. This staff will have a way abotu them.

4) REALLY???? Lets see, we played 8 bowl teams this year, next year there are 7 on our schedule. With better coaching we should have had 8 wins with a tougher schedule in '10.

Ohio St=Oklahoma
Oregon>Missouri
Stanford=Missouri
Arizona=Baylor
Washington=Kansas st
Hawaii=Hawaii
Utah=Texas Tech

Georgia

I don't disagree with your first two points, but have to with your third. Stanford=Missouri? Arizona=Baylor? at Washington=KSU in Boulder? at Utah=TT in Boulder? c'mon. And you forgot: USC next year>Georgia this year. I would say that of the eight match-ups you list, two are about even and six are decidedly harder for the Buffs. The "non-bowl" teams are also tougher next year:

at ASU (will go to a bowl next year)>at Kansas
UCLA at the Rose Bowl>ISU in Boulder
Portland State<at Cal

EDIT: I think you meant Stanford=Nebraska. Stanford would beat kNU by four touchdowns on a neutral field.

Last edited:

Ohio St=Oklahoma
Oregon>Missouri
Stanford=Missouri
Arizona=Baylor
Washington=Kansas st
Hawaii=Hawaii
Utah=Texas Tech

Georgia

Daaah isn't giving our team much credit...we will play one less bowl team next season and should have had eight wins with eight bowl games on the schedule. With CU playing on the west coast more often in the future, he'll have a much better feel for the Buffs than he does right now.

Daaah isn't giving our team much credit...we will play one less bowl team next season and should have had eight wins with eight bowl games on the schedule. With CU playing on the west coast more often in the future, he'll have a much better feel for the Buffs than he does right now.

We've been saying "8 wins" now for three seasons. I'm at the point where I won't believe it until I see it. I'm hoping it's sooner than later, but as a fanbase, Allbuffs tends to give our Buffs credit for a few more wins than we actually achieve.

Now granted, Texas Tech, Baylor and Kansas could have easily been wins this season. But despite my aggressive email campaign, those schools have told me that they're gonna keep the "W's".

...but didn't. We have no idea how this team will play with the new coaches or how good they really are. Sure we beat ISU and KSU after firing Hawk, but then got curb stomped by kNU. We got shut out by Miz and embarrassed by Okie and Cal. Gave up big leads to lose against Bay and TT. The team was not good this year, despite our chance to win, let's say seven games. We have a lot to improve on if we want to get to 7 wins next year.

I don't disagree with your first two points, but have to with your third. Stanford=Missouri? Arizona=Baylor? at Washington=KSU in Boulder? at Utah=TT in Boulder? c'mon. And you forgot: USC next year>Georgia this year. I would say that of the eight match-ups you list, two are about even and six are decidedly harder for the Buffs. The "non-bowl" teams are also tougher next year:

at ASU (will go to a bowl next year)>at Kansas
UCLA at the Rose Bowl>ISU in Boulder
Portland State<at Cal

EDIT: I think you meant Stanford=Nebraska. Stanford would beat kNU by four touchdowns on a neutral field.

My point is, I don't think the schedule is all that much tougher than this year. I really don't. I'm not expecting us to get 8 or 9 wins, I said earlier, I think 6 or 7. I just really think this team has a lot of potential with different coaching as we saw after Hawk was fired. We do have some talent. I really think the coaching was holding us back a lot. There will still be bumps.

I won't make a prediction for the entire season, but I dare say that game #1 @ Hawaii is the biggest game on the schedule. If we can get the road monkey off our backs out of the gate, we have a shot at a number of road wins. If our road woes continue to mount, it may be Embree's greatest challenge to overcome the road mental block.

I won't make a prediction for the entire season, but I dare say that game #1 @ Hawaii is the biggest game on the schedule. If we can get the road monkey off our backs out of the gate, we have a shot at a number of road wins. If our road woes continue to mount, it may be Embree's greatest challenge to overcome the road mental block.
That's definitely a huge game. Between getting the road monkey off our backs and just as importantly, getting a win in the first game would be huge for Embree & getting the players (and fans) to buy into what he's doing.

Back