What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Way too early

MtnBuff

Not allowed in Barzil 2
Club Member
And way too stupid.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/2025-nfl-mock-draft-qb-120430983.html

The only way Shedeur ends up out of the top 10, likely the top 5 is if he breaks his leg.

Could see Beck move into the top 5 as well, every year there is a couple of QBs who move up into the top of the draft, also a couple who slide down and Ewers may follow in the tradition of Texas QBs and fail to live up to the hype.

He is also predicting the Broncos to be drafting 3rd which is very unlikely. They aren't going to be good but Payton won't allow them to be that bad and there are some teams that will be terrible.

Been thinking about SS2 and TH12...right now I'd say TH12 gets picked ahead of SS2 in next year's draft and heck, TH12 could be the #1 draft pick.

SS2 appears to have bulked up during this offseason but I'm going to need to see SS2 get rid of the football quicker and not get himself sacked like last season. If SS2 came out this year and the Broncos had to choose between SS2 and Bo Nix, I think the Broncos would have still gone with Nix (and I would have chose Nix over SS2 in that case too because Sean Payton would have not tolerated SS2 after dealing with Russell Wilson). I think SS2 needs to be more mindful of how he conducts himself on the football field...maybe that is part of his game but if he is not going to listen to his father (as it appears at times during games), how will he listen to any head coach? That is a potential red flag there when it comes to SS2. Spencer Rattler fell to the 5th round perhaps because of how he conducted himself in a documentary.

Can SS2 be the #1 draft pick? Yes if he makes adjustments to how he processes the play and how he conducts himself on the field.

Will SS2 fall all the way to 28? Probably not but I'd not be surprised if that happens...it's really up to SS2 on how high he gets drafted.

Giants won't be drafting Number 1 via record. They will probably be around a 6 win team. I could see Tennessee drafting lower but trading out of the spot if Levis is decent but they just aren't competitive. I expect Denver to be bad but Payton will keep the games close with running game and time management. I could see them as a potential number 1 pick option because they will wear down as the season goes on. They have 1 All Pro caliber player on their team in Surtain. Is Garret Bolles their 2nd best player? Yikes...

New England should be picking in the top 5 along with Carolina and Washington again. All 3 of those teams have their QB's which means trades from other teams who are ready to move on are going to happen...which enters the Giants back into the equation. Lastly, I could see the Raiders picking Top 5 if Denver beats them once. Shocker in the Top 5 would be Chicago if Caleb has growing pains but I think they have enough good people. Pittsburgh could be a candidate to move up and grab a Top QB this year same with Seattle and New Orleans.

Didn't we pay Wilson....Mayfield isn't it.
Mayfield won a playoff game last year and looked very good carving up the Eagles. I don't see them in a position to be drafting in the Top 5 unless Mayfield gets injured. TB will be a playoff type team again this year.

Mayfield won a playoff game last year and looked very good carving up the Eagles. I don't see them in a position to be drafting in the Top 5 unless Mayfield gets injured. TB will be a playoff type team again this year.
Tampa also gets four games against Carolina and Atlanta and the Saints aren't a killer team. They would have to have a plane wreck to not win enough games to contend for that division.

Tampa also gets four games against Carolina and Atlanta and the Saints aren't a killer team. They would have to have a plane wreck to not win enough games to contend for that division.

Yeah Kirk Cousins is coming off that Achilles injury and he's probably pissed that the Falcons picked Penix. But they do have good supporting cast and are favored to win the NFC South this year. But that will depend on Cousins.

Saints have Derek Carr but they just released Michael Thomas but injuries probably played a part in that. Just look at their other WRs and you say "who"?

Panthers supporting cast don't wow me either. Another long year in the Carolinas but at least the fans can look forward to Javedon Clowney donning the Panthers #7 this season.

Bucs schedule appears somewhat difficult with the Eagles, 49ers, and Ravens visiting Tampa while they go to the Cowboys, Chiefs, Chargers, Falcons, and Lions. Feels like a 9-8 kind of season for the Bucs at best. Falcons schedule is more favorable for a double digit win season. Again, it depends on Cousins.

The worst case scenario, absent crippling injury this season, is that both Travis and Shedeur will be top 10 picks in 2025, if not higher. Shilo will be drafted, but I ain't no Mel Kiper and don't know where.

The worst case scenario, absent crippling injury this season, is that both Travis and Shedeur will be top 10 picks in 2025, if not higher. Shilo will be drafted, but I ain't no Mel Kiper and don't know where.
How Shilo runs will make a big difference in his draft. If he runs a 4.75 he's going to slide. I have a hard time telling how fast he is.

Dallas mid to late

Didn't Bucs just pay Mayfield...
"Only" $50 million guaranteed, and 30 of that in year one. If Shedeur sits for one year they'd only owe Mayfield $10,000,000. Kirk Cousins will be making $35,000,000 four years from now. Mayfield will be making $10,000,000 two years from now, incentives not withstanding.

Back