What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Wazzu

Shldr2Shldr

Club Member
Club Member
So I stayed away from allbuffs last night to avoid the posts that I just read through. I was feeling just as bewildered as many of the posters. We are a bad team, no way around it. We have some spots that I like; Rippy, PRich, Speedy, Henderson(shown bright spots he is just too young), Will Oliver.

Hansen is in the bottom third of passers in this league from my standpoint. WSU's backup QB is middle of the road. We have to be very concerned with what Luck is going to do to us this next week. Hansen in the third quarter looked like he had no idea what to do, he would look for receivers, start to take off, stop, look again, run around, and get sacked.

These players, this team, just don't know what to do when things are going as planned. WSU gave us 3 or 4 straight personal fouls in the first half and we are up by three going to the locker rooms? Unacceptable. I however am not as upset with the coaching staff as most people seem to be, I understand yesterday was a back breaking loss, We heard through out the offseason we had to be patient, most of us heard it but didn't listen. The coaching staff has a plan. They are going through some growing pains but other than EB's call on 3rd and 6 I cant disagree with the calls that game. The problem is we have a huge senior class, but no one behind them. You can tell by how many scholarships we have to use this cycle that there is no depth. Hawkins stopped being able to recruit 3 years ago. This staff had a few weeks to find some players that could play and do well enough to hold over until they start getting the talent in here necessary to start winning. The coaching staff has the fire and passion to coach at this level and to do it the right way. Problem is this whole not knowing how to motivate yourself to win comes from the previous 5 years. No peaks, no valleys, just stay mellow and things will be alright. Most of the players on this team are no longer football players, they are just athletes that know the rules of a certain game. Football players have a violent mentality to them, they like to hit and be hit, they know how to keep pushing and grinding and trying until the whistle blows. Hawk coached all those traits right out of them. The team just doesn't have it anymore.

CU will be back though. And it won't take a decade like some of you are predicting. I am confident we are going to get some solid building blocks in here this and the following offseason. We will lose our fair share of recruits but we will get some good ones. Mac had the same issues back when he started. He sold kids on a vision of what CU could be, he convinced them to come here and be part of it, and they did, and CU became a powerhouse. It didn't happen overnight, we knew that coming into this year it wasn't going to happen either. As supporters of this program we have to keep pushing them, and supporting them, we have to stay true buff fans in order for this team to have a shot.

Agree with all of that. Our coaches are also learning I think. I only disagreed with our 3rd and 2 pass after the INT and the 3rd and long pass out of bounds.

I am most shocked that we have Polk playing easily 25 yards away from the line of scrimmage, yet we still lose by having somebody throw behind us.

CU will make it through this. Keep the faith guys.

We really really really need new video boards. The N. board was basically broken for the first quarter.

i agree as well. as fans we just have to be supportive of the team. win or loss. its going to be a long road. Mac said it. EB said it. patience is key no matter how frustrating and depressing games like yesterday are.

^^ seriously me and UBL were so aggravated by the video boards.. its seriously embarrassing. i said this last year after going to norman and seeing there video board. we have to upgrade. should be a main priority for the athletic dept.
hell use the Ohio st money for that. idk. gotta give this staff as many tools as we can to help them succeed

Back