What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

WBB: #11 COLORADO at #7 Louisville (11am)

Officials really took over this game. Hasn't really been unfair except for the normal edge to the home team. But this is crazy. Almost every damn possession is a foul call.

If CU can't rally, this is a game they let get away but really neither team played all that well.

If CU can't rally, this is a game they let get away but really neither team played all that well.

Difference has really been turnovers and offensive rebounds leading to Louisville getting 11 extra shots (and 10 more FTs) so far.

Tough loss but the Ladies played hard and kept themselves in the game despite not playing their best game.

Refs were ridiculous but not the reason CU lost.

Learn and move on.

Well, on the bright side, I was mainly curious to see if the Buffs could compete physically against a top team like Louisville since they hadn't played any team this year nearly this talented, and they did.

Hope we get some GREAT crowds when the Buffs play their biggest Pac 12 home games of the year early in January, with Cal coming to the Keg Friday the 10th and Stanford Sunday the 12th. (Of course, this will be after they hopefully take care of business in LA the weekend before.)

Last edited:
Pretty much an even game. Louisville made 7 more FTs on 10 more attempts. Otherwise, a pretty even stat sheet with each team scoring 45 from the field. Neither team played its best game today.

Hate to lose and this team is way too good to talk about "moral victories" or "good losses", but it does give me some confidence that this Buffs team could make some serious noise in the Dance this year.

Didn't get to see this game, but losing to Louisville in this fashion isn't a disgrace or anything. Sure you want to win, but I'm guessing it was a humbling experience for many on the team to play a team of this caliber in front of so many people for an OOC game. Although given that it seats ~22k, drawing only half the capacity might not feel so big as it would if they got the same amount to Coors.

Losing to Louisville on the road is not a disgrace. However, the FT shooting % and the lack of defense rebounding was a disgrace. Close games will be lost if this continues.

I am sure Coach Lappe will be working on both categories when the team returns to campus after their Christmas break with their families.

I figured that this would be a tough one for the Buffs to win. I didn't expect them to be out-shot by so many at the line which was a big part of the story line.

Still, CU was in the game til the end and that's good. Since Lappe has been here the team doesn't give up, regardless of the situation.

In the future it would be wise to not schedule top 15 teams right after finals, they need a warm-up game to get their rhythm back.

I figured that this would be a tough one for the Buffs to win. I didn't expect them to be out-shot by so many at the line which was a big part of the story line.

Still, CU was in the game til the end and that's good. Since Lappe has been here the team doesn't give up, regardless of the situation.

In the future it would be wise to not schedule top 15 teams right after finals, they need a warm-up game to get their rhythm back.
Same thing probably could've been said from Louisville end (assuming their finals is at the same time). This could've been the only time this game was doable. Also, not sure how much CU has in the say of a road game. It was a home-and-home after all.

Same thing probably could've been said from Louisville end (assuming their finals is at the same time). This could've been the only time this game was doable. Also, not sure how much CU has in the say of a road game. It was a home-and-home after all.[/QUOTE

CU played at home against Denver on 12/12 then next played at Louisville on 12/21....a gap of 9 days. Louisville played at home against Austin Peay on 12/15 and on the road at Ball State on 12/17 then played CU at home on 12/21. They didn't have a big gap ahead of the CU game. Louisville had their "warm-up game"; CU did not. I agree with MarkW that that hurt the Buffs. But it was still a game they could have won, which speaks volumes about where the program is.

I agree the gap in playing games hurt them, especially on the road. However, they won ugly again today against an unranked team at home.

Back