What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

WBB '17 Spring Recruiting

MarkW

Starting a new thread as there has been a bit of conjecture on what JR & Co are going to do recruiting wise in the next month or so.

Although she wouldn't have immediate eligibility, Jessica Shepard (6-4, Fremont, Neb) is transferring from Nebraska with 2 years to play. She was close to averaging a double-double this season. Second team all-conference this season.

Also, Kysre Gondrezick is leaving Michigan. Don't know the circumstances, but she has a Boulder connection as her father was a memeber of the basketball famous Gondrezick family that passed through Boulder High in the 70s and 80s. She's a 5-9 guard who averaged 14.9 her freshman season. Her senior season at Benton Harbor HS she averaged 40 ppg.

By my calculations WBB could give up to 3 more scholarships this spring. I am not suggesting they should but if they want to pick up a transfer they have room.

Doubt there are any HS post prospects left in this class that are worthy of a scholarship. That leaves foreigners and jucos.

Saw both of these yesterday. Could definitely use a post player. Shepard would have been recruited by Connie Yori. That says to me she is a hard worker.

Do we need more guards that are ready to play in 18? I remember the Gondrezick family and the brothers playing for Boulder High.

The legend of Glen Gondo! One of my buddies grew up with him and we had some visits to Vegas together where Gondo showed us around - yikes!
Seems like this is Glen's niece as her dad is Grant Gondo who played at Pepperdine, brother of Glen, and also from Boulder HS.

FWIW At (I think) the last conference home game, JR was the coach who came to speak in the club room pre-game. I don't remember exactly what it was she said but I recall thinking that meant there would likely be additional 2017 recruits signed in the spring. The coaches know what the team needs so hopefully they will find the right players.

Although she wouldn't have immediate eligibility, Jessica Shepard (6-4, Fremont, Neb) is transferring from Nebraska with 2 years to play. She was close to averaging a double-double this season. Second team all-conference this season.
I'd love to have Shepard. Coming out of high school she was ranked by ProspectsNation as #4 overall, 5 star, #1 ranked forward and listed as 6'2". Sounds like she may have grown a bit more and her performance certainly says can be close to living up to the expectations of that ranking.

The legend of Glen Gondo! One of my buddies grew up with him and we had some visits to Vegas together where Gondo showed us around - yikes!
Seems like this is Glen's niece as her dad is Grant Gondo who played at Pepperdine, brother of Glen, and also from Boulder HS.

Glad to know I'm not the only one that is knows about the basketball history of Boulder High! As to whether or not Kysre Gondrezick is a good fit for the Buffs I have no idea, but she obviously has some sort of connection to Boulder.

We know that Peyton Carter from Monarch has committed to CU. What we don't know is whether or not she will be coming on a scholarship or as a preferred walk-on.

http://www.espn.com/high-school/girls-basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/224654

http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/pey...VebBJg/gendersport/girls-basketball-stats.htm

Interesting post on another thread that JR & Co are after a juco.

I posted in another thread on here they went juco for the immediate help inside. Two of them to be exact.

On Carter, I think it depends on the numbers. I don't see us having 15 scholarship players this coming season so she will probably be on scholarship. We need a back-up at point the next two years as well that can hit three pointers.

I posted in another thread on here they went juco for the immediate help inside. Two of them to be exact.
Interesting that they are going after two juco post type players. That may would mean that for the class of '18 they would have three scholarships to give and two of them are accounted for at this time.

Interesting that they are going after two juco post type players. That may would mean that for the class of '18 they would have three scholarships to give and two of them are accounted for at this time.

Is my math off? 9 returning plus 2 HS and 2 Juco = 13 for 2017-18.

Lose 2 SR's after season = 11. Add 4. 15 total for 2017-2019.

Is my math off? 9 returning plus 2 HS and 2 Juco = 13 for 2017-18.

Lose 2 SR's after season = 11. Add 4. 15 total for 2017-2019.
The error in your math is that there were 3 HS players who signed in the fall early signing period. Third being a 6'4" player by the name of Mya Hollingshed. But I can't find anything via Google that even indicates she played this past season for her high school or was injured or anything. Like she has disappeared totally. And CU has not had the intro article for her like they had for Annika and Aubrey. Maybe she isn't coming in spite of the November NLI.

The error in your math is that there were 3 HS players who signed in the fall early signing period. Third being a 6'4" player by the name of Mya Hollingshed. But I can't find anything via Google that even indicates she played this past season for her high school or was injured or anything. Like she has disappeared totally. And CU has not had the intro article for her like they had for Annika and Aubrey. Maybe she isn't coming in spite of the November NLI.

You are correct. I forgot about her. She is definitely coming. So we will just take 3 in 2018 unless somebody transfers this off-season.

On Carter, I think it depends on the numbers. I don't see us having 15 scholarship players this coming season so she will probably be on scholarship. We need a back-up at point the next two years as well that can hit three pointers.

Any details on the 2 jucos?

I can't find anything via Google that even indicates she played this past season for her high school or was injured or anything. Like she has disappeared totally.
I search occasionally for info about Mya Hollingshed and like BeBe nothing has turned up recently, Early in the season there was info about her play with Bellaire HS in the Houston area but over the last few months, nothing. It's strange.

I search occasionally for info about Mya Hollingshed and like BeBe nothing has turned up recently, Early in the season there was info about her play with Bellaire HS in the Houston area but over the last few months, nothing. It's strange.

She played this season and team went to the playoffs. See her twitter.

Are we done or are the Buffs still looking to add another player?

Just a guess, but after the Peyton Carter announcement, I think we are done unless somebody falls in to CU's lap.

Don't see a reason that add anymore unless it's a HS player for 17 or a transfer. I know they are going after both but we are long shots.

Last edited:
I know they were going after both but were long shots.
As this is written in the past tense I assume that the players they targeted are going else where.

Now it seems the HS class of '18 is going to be critical for the staff.

As this is written in the past tense I assume that the players they targeted are going else where.

Now it seems the HS class of '18 is going to be critical for the staff.

They haven't decided yet. Still long shots though.

Back