What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

WBB: #20 Buffs visit #7 Cal

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
When: Friday, 1/25, at 9 pm (MT)
Where: Berkeley
Why: Because Cal needs to get beaten like a redheaded stepchild

CU is 15-2. Cal is 15-2.

CU capped its worst offensive performance weekend of the season when it followed a 40-point effort in a loss to then-#4 Stanford with a 49-point effort in a 4-point loss to #7 Cal.

Cal's size was the main difference, outrebounding CU by 8 and holding the Buffs to 15/43 shooting from inside the arc. Also, the officials gave the nod to Cal despite the game being in Boulder -- probably due to the Buffs having to play a bit chippier to compensate for Cal's frontcourt. CU was whistles for 23 fouls to only 13 called against the Bears (this stat skewed a bit due to CU intentionally fouling at the end while playing from behind in a close game). Cal couldn't make its free throws at the end of the game, but CU couldn't control the misses and the opportunity slipped away.

Can't wait for tonight. Huge chance for the Buffs to make some noise in the conference and nationally.

Pac-12 Standings (ESPN):

TEAMCONFGBOVR
#6 Stanford5-1--16-2
#7 California5-1--15-2
#20 Colorado4-2115-2
#19 UCLA4-2113-4
Washington4-2112-5
USC4-217-10
Arizona3-3211-6
Oregon State3-329-9
Arizona State2-4310-8
Utah1-5410-7
Washington State1-545-12
Oregon0-652-16

A massive first game in a the first of a four game road trip. On paper this looks "winnable" for the Buffs, but only if they are able to respond well to Cal's physicality. In the loss at home to Cal the Buffs were intimidated and ceded the rebounding contest to the Bears which cost them the game. CU's got to be confident at the start of the game and not allow the Bears to create much of a gap at any point in the game.

CU is the only team in the Pac 12 giving up less than 50 points a game in conference play.

I feel like Jamee Swan will have to be a factor as she has the size and athleticism to make an impact on the boards. Chcuky will also have to have a great game on both ends, including rebounding.

Go Buffs!

Huge game. I'm sure the ladies are pumped, because they didn't do what they're capable of against Cal in Boulder and now they get another chance.

I don't know if I can stay awake for the entire game. It doesn't start until 10 PM here on Pac 12 Network. Worst part about being in the Pac 12 for me. That and I don't like the television announcers and the radio doesn't match up to the television.

I do think the Buffs can win this game. I'm hoping they will. That would give them so much confidence for future road games.

The inside players must play better than they did in the game vs. Cal in Boulder.

Cal getting away with very physical game and Buffs for most part answered until last few minutes. Need to work it inside and get some fouls of our own...

Cal is incredibly tough to deal with in the paint. Really athletic, too. This is going to be a battle in the 2nd half. Best thing going for us right now is that we've made them extend their defense and that should open up for some drives to the hoop.

Swan and Hargis just need to keep battling on the inside and hold up well enough to give us a chance.

8 fouls on the Buffs and 1 on Cal in the 2nd half. Amazing that Cal can play that physically and never foul anyone. This is what makes it so tough to win on the road.

Down 41-45 now.

Back