What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

WBB: #20 Colorado hosts Washington (Sunday, February 24 at 2pm MT)

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
THE GAME: No. 20 (AP)/23 (USA Today Sports/Coaches) ranked University of Colorado plays its final regular season home game by hosting the University of Washington on Sunday, Feb. 24, at 2 p.m. at the Coors Events Center.

BROADCAST:
Sunday's game will be broadcast live on KKZN AM 760. Mike Rice will have the play-by-play with Carol Callan of USA Basketball providing the color commentary. A live video stream will be available on the Pac-12 Digital platform at Pac-12.com at this link: http://pac-12.com/live/cubuffs.aspx . The live stream is free to the public and not tied to a Pac-12 Network carrier.

OPENING TIP:
In Colorado's last six home games, all conference wins, the Buffaloes are enjoying a 20-point margin of victory (67.8 to 47.8 ppg), a +12.2 rebound margin and averaging 11.5 steals per game. CU has held its opponents to 29.4 percent from the field during this same span.

ABOUT THE BUFFALOES:
Colorado is 21-5 overall and in fifth place in the Pac-12 at 10-5. The Buffaloes, who have equalled their win total from 2011-12 (21-14), have a 20-win season for the 19th time in team history and have their most wins in the regular season since the 2003-04 team won 22 (finished 22-8). CU also has double-digit conference wins for the first time since 2003-04 (11-5 in the Big 12). The Buffaloes are just one game out of third place trailing UCLA and Sunday's opponent, Washington, both at 11-4. UCLA hosts USC on Sunday.

Colorado has won six straight, matching its longest win streak within conference games since the 2003-04 team had a similar run during Big 12 play. All five of Colorado's losses have come to ranked teams, four against Stanford and California, ranked No. 7 or better at the time. The combined record of the three teams the Buffaloes have lost to this year is 69-10 with six of those losses coming against each other. UCLA was swept by Cal and Stanford. The Bay Area schools split their series earlier this season.

ABOUT THE HUSKIES: Washington is 19-7 overall and tied with UCLA for third place in the Pac-12 at 11-4. The Huskies saw their three-game win streak snapped Friday night, falling 60-46 at Utah. Washington exploded for 97 points in its win over Oregon on Feb. 15, but has been held under 50 in the last two, combining for 95 points in a road win at Oregon State and the Utah loss. The Huskies lead the Pac-12 in 3-point shooting at 8.5 per game on 34.1 percent from long range.

THE SERIES: This will be the 10th meeting between Colorado and Washington with the Buffaloes holding a 6-3 series lead. Washington won the first ever Pac-12 meeting between the two schools, a 75-67 decision in Seattle last season. Prior to that game, Colorado had won the last five in the series. The Buffaloes are 2-1 at home against Washington and welcome the Huskies to Boulder for the first time since a 78-64 win on Dec. 9, 2003.

http://www.cubuffs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=3910&SPID=258&DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=206008474&DB_OEM_ID=600

I'm not over-hyping this by saying it's the biggest game of the year for the Buffs.

Win this and we will have the 4-seed in the Pac-12 Tourney.

We should also make a strong move in the national polls.

Monumental game.

Planning to go there with the fam and hit the club room for lunch (BBQ pork sammies doesn't suck at all).

Here's the schedule at the Keg tomorrow:

WBB CU-UW.jpg

Big Game! Most pumped I've been for a ladies game in a while!

I will be there...and I hope at least 4 to 5 thousand of my Buffs family will be as well!!!

Be sure you're in your seat by 1:50 as that's about the time the senior salutes will begin. Last official home game for the sisters Malcolm-Peck and Chucky.

Washington will launch a ton of treys. If CU is in their face and limits decent looks they will win - easily. Utah beat UW on Friday night by double-digits

Get to the CEC today. CU is #2 in the Pac 12 in women's attendance, let's keep it that way!

Man this snow is stressing me out!!! I have an hour drive to Boulder on a clear day.

What do y'all think? Should I make the trek? I wanted to go to this game so bad it being Senior day and the game meaning so much! But I don't know with the blizzard conditions and a foot of snow forecast for Boulder/Denver.
:cry::bang:

I live in Boulder and won't be going unless this storm breaks and the roads clear.

I live in Boulder and won't be going unless this storm breaks and the roads clear.

Well that is probably the smart decision...but I have never been accused of being that smart. :huh:

Frickin' Mother Nature!!!

Looks like it is Pac12.org for me. Just let the wife take the 4 wheel drive to take daughter to work.

Most of all, I am bummed that I can't be there to send off MMP, BMP and Chuckie. All GREAT BUFFS!!!

I just got the email from CU saying that the game is on schedule.

Tip is at 2pm. Lots open at 12pm.

Good start to the day in regard to CU's rank. #19 Florida State got steamrolled at Virginia Tech (9-18, 3-13) by a score of 71-52.

Buffs trail 5-6 at 15:30. We're having a ton of trouble with their matchup zone. We're also getting nothing out of the post. Washington's got one player with some size and Hargis drew her 2nd foul a minute and a half into the game.

11-9 Buffs at 13:52. Washington timeout. Buffs have figured out the defense a bit. Drawing the double in the paint and getting easy shots off the extra pass to the player left open when the trap comes over.

27-19 Buffs with a little under 4 minutes. Hargis shooting 2 after the tv timeout.

Defense has stepped up.

36-25 Buffs at the half.

B-Wil feeling it today. 11 points already.

Good performance from Swan so far, too. 6 points and very solid on the inside.

Arielle doing some work, too. Hit a couple threes.

Chucky's got like 8 rebounds already.

38-31 at 15:33.

UDub's pressure in the half court defense is back up. Question is whether they can rotate and trap at this pace for an entire half. In the 1st, they couldn't.

Announcers calling it a "left ankle injury" for Chucky. No details. Still hasn't returned.

Buffs have gone cold. Defense still strong and hanging on to lead.

Happy Chuckie is back!!!

Conference tourney seeding: ASU beat Zona by 1, to go a game up on them. ASU has won both, so has the tiebreaker.

RPI: DePaul got crushed by Notre Dame. DePaul had been right above us.

Top 25: #8 Maryland lost to #5 Duke. Kentucky, also #8, lost at unranked LSU. #18 Delaware losing at home to a pretty good JMU squad.

Back