What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

WBB - Buffs win a hard fought and very sloppy game against the Illini

buff190

Club Member
Club Member
69-62

Arielle, again the star of the game even though she sat a big part of the Second half in foul trouble. She hit the ONLY 3 pointer for the Buffs in the last minute of the game to put CU up 6 which was their biggest lead up to that point. Arielle ended with 25 pts. CU 1-11 from 3.

Sborov and Reese were very big in this win with 11 and 15 points respectively.

Again, defense played a huge part in the win, especially in the second half.

Big win for the Buffs on the road!

It was very sloppy, but the way the Buffs finished was awesome. Plus Arielle made 10 of 14 free throws, which was nice to see.

Considering that CU lost to Illinois at home two years ago, even an ugly win is progress.

It was very sloppy, but the way the Buffs finished was awesome. Plus Arielle made 10 of 14 free throws, which was nice to see.

Considering that CU lost to Illinois at home two years ago, even an ugly win is progress.

Absolutely! A win on the road, against a Major conference team is always good no matter how you get it.

Many things to work on (FT shooting, outside shooting and turnovers)! Improve in those areas and CU will get in the Tourney easily!

I attended the game. There might have been 10 Buff fans in the house. :gobuffs: We tried to be heard, but probably were not.

The best stats of the game were the 22 points off turnovers and 36 points in the paint. Those happened because the post players for Illinois had 4 fouls early in the 2nd half and we just get pushing it inside. We had way too man turnovers with 27. Need to take better care of the ball although Illinois was a very scrappy team.

Arielle's free throw shooting definitely improved. Only 2 misses were those high bouncers and I think 2 of those went in. The rest swished.

It's hard to believe the Buffs made one 3 point shot out off 11 (that's 9%) and it was the one that Arielle shot to clinch the win.

Swan and Huggins seemed a bit overwhelmed by the intensity of the game and didn't get much playing time. Welcome to the big time.

Somebody has to start shooting from the outside--anybody.

Illinois has a new coach and he is a good one. Glad we played them in their first season before he gets his players and his system fully implemented.

I wish somebody from CU's game day operations had been there. Illinois knows how to keep a crowd involved for the entire game, including all the time outs. We do very lame things during timeouts compared to what was done at Assembly Hall. They had about the same number of people or less than we draw and it was loud in there. They get more students and keep them involved. They get the adults and little kids involved.

The best thing is they keep showing the stats like rebounds, FG and FT%, etc. on the scoreboard where they also show the game. They show the stats during the timeouts unless it's needed for what they are doing during the timeout. Why aren't we doing that?

Always nice to get a road win under your belt. Some of Ky's family was here and they were looking for her when I left them. Now that they use the chartered planes, it's hard to have much of a visit with your player.

I would like to thank Coach Barry for the ticket. You've been my hero for a long time. Thanks for the courtside seat last weekend and the ticket to today's game.

Last edited:
Was looking forward to your thoughts on the game since I knew you were going to be there!

Maybe they would be a good team to schedule again in a couple years to gauge the progress of both teams.

That would be a good idea. Illinois didn't play many players and CU does this year.

I just wish we had somebody who does sports marketing who could see what a basketball game should be look to try to give your team a home court advantage. CU doesn't have a clue of how to keep the crowd in the game. Illinois does and does it well. Cheerleaders much better than hours and actively involved for the entire game.

Helps to keep the crowd riled up when they think all the calls are going against them. There were some bad calls against Illinois, but some against us also. There was a definite make-up call in the second half. There had been an obvious travel, but no call. Within a few seconds 3 seconds in the lane was called on Illinois. I'm not sure it was even 3 seconds since the travel had occurred. Make up call.

Back