What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

WBB: CU @ CSU tomorrow 7pm mt

63-59

Buffs win!

I'll take it. Tough to open on the road, especially against a rival.

Stats from ESPN
Colorado Buffaloes
STARTERSFGM-A3PM-AFTM-AOREBDREBREBASTSTLBLKTOPFPTS
Jen Reese F4-140-10-0246300018
Arielle Roberson F5-111-32-31452113213
Rachel Hargis C1-20-00-2358010522
Lexy Kresl G1-61-31-3189400134
Jasmine Sborov G4-81-14-41342302413
BENCHFGM-A3PM-AFTM-AOREBDREBREBASTSTLBLKTOPFPTS
Zoe Beard-Fails F2-30-01-2202000125
Jamee Swan F1-10-00-0224000422
Lauren Huggins G1-31-30-0011000003
Brittany Wilson G2-81-62-3011300147
Ashley Wilson G3-70-00-0145200226
TOTALSFGM-A3PM-AFTM-AOREBDREBREBASTSTLBLKTOPFPTS
24-635-1710-171634501651192263
38.1%29.4%58.8%

Colorado State Rams
STARTERSFGM-A3PM-AFTM-AOREBDREBREBASTSTLBLKTOPFPTS
Sam Martin F4-122-70-00001010210
Elin Gustavsson F7-151-56-93251111221
Gritt Ryder G0-30-22-2066100442
Ellen Nystrom G2-70-00-0189310324
Ajhanai Newton G1-80-50-2112200222
BENCHFGM-A3PM-AFTM-AOREBDREBREBASTSTLBLKTOPFPTS
Alicia Nichols F3-30-00-0011100026
Caitlin Duffy G4-101-44-43470012213
Emily Johnson G0-20-01-2022200001
TOTALSFGM-A3PM-AFTM-AOREBDREBREBASTSTLBLKTOPFPTS
21-604-2313-19827351123121659
35.0%17.4%68.4%

This was closer than it should have been. Buffs need to stop with the long scoring droughts. Free throw shooting also not good. Coach definitely has things to work on and this game should help her get the players attention.

This was closer than it should have been. Buffs need to stop with the long scoring droughts. Free throw shooting also not good. Coach definitely has things to work on and this game should help her get the players attention.

I agree. CSU (Team Europe) has improved though.

Defense really really worries me. CSU players would just run around our perimeter defenders like they were standing still many time.

I am listening to the post game and the CU announcers are talking about "how good CSU is." I disagree. Watching the live stream, CU was very disjointed the first 16 minutes and CSU had the lead. The last four minutes of the half and the first part of the second half CU asserted themselves. They were limiting CSU to a lot of "one and done" and took advantage to open up a double-digit lead. But he last four minutes of the game they fell apart - until CSU had whittled their deficit to one point. Then CU figured out how to finish the game out.

I would say for at about 50% of the game CU didn't play like a top 20 caliber team. But I am remembering the last couple of seasons when CU opened at home with Idaho and really struggled. Fortunately the first game of the season isn't a harbinger for the rest of the season. Good thing though that CU has Alcorn State up next.

There were some interesting calls in the game, especially a couple of non-calls when it appeared that Roberson was roughed up. On the first one the CU bench was called for a technical.

Interesting that Swan got little playing time and Beard-Fails did get some minutes in the first half (and she scored too).

About as tall of a task as it gets to start the season on the road against a team that's got you marked as their game of the year. Being ranked means you carry a target on your back, it takes a while to learn to be fully ready to get everyone's best shot. Time to take care of business against Alcorn State before a difficult game against Iowa (an Iowa squad that just beat #14 Dayton).

I think Jasmine and Arielle may be a fantastic 1, 2 punch this year. Jasmine always seemed to be a fantastic player in her reserve roles the past few years.

Should have been a bigger difference, but CSU would not go away and there were some huge miscues at the end (Lappe got T'd up?!) . Win is a win especially against a rival.

BTW Lappe's technical was for slamming her clipboard to the court after a questionable call.

Last edited:
Lappe almost lost the game with that T. CU clearly let off the gas late in the game where they should have been shooting FT's to win by 10+.

Sheesh! I didn't know there was a live stream for free available. I listened online to the game.

It sounded like the Buffs did not come to play, especially on the defensive end. I know the first few games can be a struggle. I'd say that is true especially this year due to the loss of Chucky. CU doesn't have a go to player. Arielle may become one, but she isn't one just yet.

Can't have the scoring droughts and beat Iowa. They still have a lot of work to do.

From the post-game interview, it didn't sound like Lappe intended to get the T.

For both the women and the men, I love the fact that we have gotten to the point where we are all bitching about "bad wins".

With the men, we opened basically on the road against one of the most talented teams in the country (lost a game we had within 6 late despite horrible shooting and terrible games from our proven backcourt), followed it with a 25 pt win in the home opener, and then closed out an ugly home win against a rival that's had our number for as long as the students have been alive. If that's as bad as the team can play, it's a good problem to have.

With the women, we went on the road against our main rival to open the season and fought through the environment & some interesting officiating to end up struggling with closing out the end-game situations -- but still got the win. Again, it's a good problem to have.

Right now, I don't know that either team is playing at a Top 40 level. But I can also look at the rosters and say that if we can keep winning while we learn that these are teams that have Sweet 16 upsides (or better) if they progress through the season as we've come to expect from Tad & Linda squads. I find myself not worrying much about how good they'll be in Feb/Mar. My worry centers around whether the teams we are seeing in November will drop some games they shouldn't, which would keep them out of the tournament at the point they're taking the court with squads that have gelled and can beat pretty much anyone.

Sheesh! I didn't know there was a live stream for free available. I listened online to the game.

Looks like we should be able to watch every womens basketball game this season according to this article (provided you have the Pac12 Network)

http://www.cubuffs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=600&ATCLID=209306706

"All CU women's basketball home games that are not televised will be available through Pac-12.com at this link:
http://pac-12.com/videos/university-colorado
Non-televised Pac-12 road games are scheduled to be available on the opponents' video player, free of charge."

Back