What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

WBB: CU vs Stanford

Another pretty good first half. Up 5 with a couple minutes left. Hitting the 3s today (7/11). Last few games have had some very good quarters, but not able to put together 40. Let's get it done today.

...in another manifesto by a poster with an agenda:

Looked good in first half. Only way we can compete with teams like Stanford is to catch fire from outside and we started to do that now. My God, Stanford is huge just like Cal.

We are shooting 50% from the floor and that's going to have to continue to have a chance to win it. Smith, KL and Robinson playing well. These 3 are our scorers and all 3 have to play well to beat teams like Stanford.

Go Buffs!!!

Hitting shots and not turning the ball over is equalizing the big disadvantage in rebounding.

Only managed to score 29 points in the 2nd half while Stanford kept pace.

At 5 min mark in 4th when there was still a chance down 9, the second half shooting of the top 3 scorers were:

K. Leonard 2-5
A. Robinson 1-9
H. Smith 0-7

Add to that Stanford getting hot from 3 and there's your ballgame. Love the effort and attitude by this team though. I said a week or so ago, it's ok at this point to lose because of talent but not because of turnovers, no intensity, etc. They fought their heart out. Can't ask anymore at this point.

Yes, the 3rd and 4th quarters are a problem. A lot of players are being asked to play a lot of minutes.

Watching on a computer screen, I was taken aback by how much smaller we are at the guard position. We need to get bigger and stronger at every position.

Will never fault the want in this team. They play hard and they want to win. The team doesn't have enough good players at all 5 positions to keep up with a team like Stanford--or other teams in the Pac.

Still love my Buffs!

It's great not to have read through the agenda laden delusional player hate, Thanks CUoldtimer!!

The third quarter is killing us; opponents are making adjustments and we are struggling to counter. hopefully JR and staff can address it this week. Teams fighting hard and that's half the battle.

It's great not to have read through the agenda laden delusional player hate, Thanks CUoldtimer!!

The third quarter is killing us; opponents are making adjustments and we are struggling to counter. hopefully JR and staff can address it this week. Teams fighting hard and that's half the battle.

I don't think it has anything to do about making counter moves. We don't have the talent to counter. Today I just think Stanford caught fire from 3's in third and then we couldn't handle the SG. The only way we beat a team like that is they aren't shooting well and we are. Eventually we won't have to play a perfect game to win vs the top teams in the PAC 12 but right now we do.

Watching on a computer screen, I was taken aback by how much smaller we are at the guard position. We need to get bigger and stronger at every position.

Will never fault the want in this team. They play hard and they want to win. The team doesn't have enough good players at all 5 positions to keep up with a team like Stanford--or other teams in the Pac.

CONTENT OF POST REMOVED BY MODERATOR

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think it has anything to do about making counter moves. We don't have the talent to counter. Today I just think Stanford caught fire from 3's in third and then we couldn't handle the SG. The only way we beat a team like that is they aren't shooting well and we are. Eventually we won't have to play a perfect game to win vs the top teams in the PAC 12 but right now we do.

CONTENT OF POST REMOVED BY MODERATOR

Last edited by a moderator:
First time looking at these WBB threads. Umm, not sure what the deal is between you two, especially you Bo, but Bo, maybe you should tone it down a bit.

This ban was a long time coming.

Just want to clarify that it wasn't simply because of negative takes regarding KL or the team. She's a big girl in the public spotlight competing on a big stage. I have no doubt that she and her family can brush off some criticism and even use it as a motivator.

This is about someone hijacking threads in a way that made the site a lot worse and cut into the ability of everyone else to interact and enjoy threads. Along with personal attacks and insinuations. There was just no good reason to want BoCo around.

Sorry, mods, if I went overboard but that guy has some serious problems. The guy cites bible verses but wanted to make sure players and their parents knew that they aren't good enough in his eyes. I'm a Christian and that's not how you act as one. I'm embarrassed for him. I doubt he can help it though as it appears he needs to be on meds.

Last edited:
Reactions: DBT
Well BoCo brought us the Sargain Rankings which I found interesting since I haven't kept up with WBB in general for a long time.

Read Nik's post regarding KL and I don't see how anyone should be so negative about her. She's just a SO for crying out loud and I really loved her effort in the few games that I have watched the Buffs play. If BoCo was being negative about KL and going overboard, I don't disagree with the ban because that was brought up before on this board. If you want to criticize individual players, there's those pro sports leagues.

Last edited:
I was out of town for the last two games, so I was reduced to following via a few minutes of video and twitter. It seems in the Stanford game CU shot well in first half, but not in the second. As we've often noted, without playing tremendous defense and rebounding the Buffs are going to have to hit a high % from the perimeter. Once the shooting goes south the chances of a victory do as well.

Someone wrote earlier that CU's guards are a bit small. One of JR's changes over the summer was to have the team work on strength. I bet that will happen again this off-season.

Guilty of saying guards are small. Watching on computer screen against Stanford, I was amazed at how much bigger the Stanford guards are. Our guards need to get stronger and I'm sure that is JR's plan for the off-season. Not criticizing coaching or players. Just stating a fact on size of players.

CU did shoot well in first half against Stanford. Came out flat after the half and it was over. Totally outrebounded by Stanford, so few second chance points.

Shot pretty well from free throw line when they got there.

Back