What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

WBB hosting #11 OSU (Friday, 8:00)

Sounds to me like, after a great 7-0 start, the Buffs went REALLY cold for awhile, and that's when OSU took the lead. (the Beavs also sound hot from 3, and I believe have a decent rebounding lead.) Then, the Buffs offense came on some in the later part of the 2nd quarter, but couldn't get enough defensive stops to get the lead down much.

Take it to them in the 2nd half Buffs!

Buffs had it down to one with around two minutes to go but couldn't get off a good shot.

This team just doesn't give up.

Must win on Sunday (noon) v Oregon if they are going to have a shot at the WNIT as it is the last scheduled home game of the season.

It was a good game to watch. Lost the rebounding battle 30-51. We are one rebounder away from a Top 25 team.

So close again. Going 0 from 3 point land didn't help and the lack of quality post play kills us. Just don't have a reliable post player.

They keep fighting and the team doesn't know the meaning of quit and I like that. Guards perform well and, at times, we played 4 guards. We don't have a reliable post player.

So close again. Going 0 from 3 point land didn't help and the lack of quality post play kills us. Just don't have a reliable post player.

They keep fighting and the team doesn't know the meaning of quit and I like that. Guards perform well and, at times, we played 4 guards. We don't have a reliable post player.

Pretty much sums it up. If you don't have bigs, you better be able to bomb from 3 as the equalizer. Buffs have neither but are still so solid everywhere else that they're playing everyone tough and dangerous to every team they play. I'm very excited about next season.

If the 3 is falling, they can beat any team since the post play isn't really present. Hasn't been all season.

I know injuries are always a factor, but I wonder what this season would have been like with a healthy Lauren Huggins.

Buffs had it down to one with around two minutes to go but couldn't get off a good shot.

This team just doesn't give up.

I think they were down 2 when Ellis had that 3 with under 2 min left. Kennedy played it perfect and made perfect pass to her. Being down all night, they couldn't have asked for a better shot than that unless maybe Lexi was open like that.

If the 3 is falling, they can beat any team since the post play isn't really present. Hasn't been all season.

I know injuries are always a factor, but I wonder what this season would have been like with a healthy Lauren Huggins.
I don't know that Lauren would have been that much help, at least in the conference games. She is a great 3 point shooter in a game of HORSE or a 3 point shooting contest but she has had trouble hitting the 3 the last few years when she was being guarded by the good defenders found in the PAC-12. She usually needed a bit more time to get set and get her shot off than the defender allowed her.

Her defense had improved a lot last season over the previous two seasons. There have been times when we needed defenders on the outside and have not had them.

Her defense had improved a lot last season over the previous two seasons. There have been times when we needed defenders on the outside and have not had them.
That's true. I obviously was thinking about having her on the court for offense not defense. But you raise a good point. Early on she was a defensive liability but she had really improved that part of her game last year. And with this staff's focus on the defense she probably would have been even better had she been healthy this season.

Back