What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

WBB @ Iowa • WNIT Round 3 • Thursday, 6 pm

MarkW

A different type of challenge as the Hawkeyes have 6-3 sophomore forward Megan Gustafson who is averaging a double-double, 18.7 ppg and 10 rpg hitting 64.9% from the floor and nearly 80% from the line.

It will be interesting to see how the Buffs defend her.

Looks like the game will be available on http://www.btn2go.com/

Since it's on BTN2Go and has a $ sign behind it, the game is not free to watch.

If you want to subscribe to the Iowa only feed, it will cost $9.95 for a month and you will have to remember to cancel it. If you want to subscribe to all schools, it will cost you $14.95 month and you will have to remember to cancel.

I live in the Big Ten footprint so can watch for free (but only if I can get our audio to sync to the video)

Since it's on BTN2Go and has a $ sign behind it, the game is not free to watch.
Should have noted this in my original post. Too bad that a lot of us will miss it for this reason. Wish the CU athletic department would sponsor a viewing party where fans could come to the practice facility and pay $5 to watch.

On another note, I haven't heard a thing about the health of Alexis Robinson. Hope her knee injury wasn't too bad and she will be able to play tomorrow night.

Rebounding and hitting a good % from deep again look like a couple of the keys to this game. The Buffs have been deadly with three point shooting in the WNIT after the first quarter, they'll need it again. And thus far they have out-rebounded both opponents.

Of course defending Gustafson will be important too as she hits a high % of her shots and most are close range. I think she was something like 15-16 v South Dakota.

Someone posted on Scout this morning that we won't see Alexis again until next season. Hoping that wasn't accurate info.

Someone posted on Scout this morning that we won't see Alexis again until next season. Hoping that wasn't accurate info.
Day to day, according to Howell. I hope she has a chance.
Also, "Gustafson had a career-high 33 points on 15-of-16 shooting". I mean, that's mostly layups, but damn. Defense down low will be important. That said, I think this is a very beatable team.

On last night's sports, Lisa Bluder, coach of Iowa, said they will go inside like they always do. She also said CU's "hovering" defense is tough and her team will have to play with the CU defense in mind.

Should have noted this in my original post. Too bad that a lot of us will miss it for this reason. Wish the CU athletic department would sponsor a viewing party where fans could come to the practice facility and pay $5 to watch.

This :finger:

I don't like listening to the opponent's play by play announcers, so I will listen to Cory and Carol.

If you have the sports package on Comcast you can watch it online. I stopped it after football so I'm not sure if it is on the big10 network channel.

I get the Big 10 network and it isn't showing the game being broadcast tonight. A bunch of NCAA press conferences for men's teams

I get the Big 10 network and it isn't showing the game being broadcast tonight. A bunch of NCAA press conferences for men's teams
Did you try logging into the btn2go site with your provider?

Edit: I think you are correct, might have to pay to watch it.

Last edited:
It is annoying as hell that I couldn't find live stats on the main sports web sites. I get that women's sports (and the NIT) don't generate a ton of revenue, but is it really that hard?

Oh well, great run by the Buffs and a great foundation for Payne to grow on in the upcoming years.

Outstanding first season for Coach Payne and her staff.

Huge respect for the young women on this team. Years from now they will be able to look back and say they were a part of the team that turned women's basketball around at CU. Congratulations ladies.

Hope it's true that she'll be back by the start of next season.

Last edited:

Hard to believe Haley has played her last game for the Buffs. Wish her the best with her mechanical engineering career.

Did you try logging into the btn2go site with your provider?

No, I didn't but I have watched other games on the btn2go site and have not had to pay. I don't like listening to the opponents' announcers. I prefer Cory Lopez and Carol Callan.

Tough break for Alexis. I hope she can work herself back to being able to play by next season. It will be tough.

I think we will see this team get better each season under JR as her recruits will get more and more playing time.

Tough break for Alexis. I hope she can work herself back to being able to play by next season. It will be tough.

I think we will see this team get better each season under JR as her recruits will get more and more playing time.

It looks a lot like Coach Payne is in the process of doing the hardest part of a turn around. She is instilling a winning attitude and an expectation of success.

When you have those then you can see the players and the team reaching their full capability.

Hope it's true that she'll be back by the start of next season.

I'm not really surprised by the news that Alexa tore her ACL. This isn't the first time that a player who is "day-to-day" after injuring a knee during post-season play turns out to have torn an ACL once the tourney run is over.
Speedy healing to her and I hope she can come back in time for next season but they need to be sure she's really ready to go because coming back to soon could cause more trouble long term.

I don't want them to push Alexis back too soon either. Want her completely healed.

She didn't even make the trip to Iowa City.

I don't want them to push Alexis back too soon either. Want her completely healed.

She didn't even make the trip to Iowa City.
Really tough luck for Lex; this summer would have been really important for her. Might be equally tough news for Kennedy, if Lex isn't back at 100% for next year Kennedy will have even more of a load to carry. Sure hope some help is coming

We have some good freshmen coming in, but still need the elusive post player.
Exactly. If CU were to land a player like say, Oregon's Ruthy Hebard, they would improve tremendously. She was a real difference maker for the Ducks this season who have made it to the Elite Eight for the first time in program history. And she is a true freshman.

What CU really needs is a post that isn't just a solid defender but a serious scoring threat down low. One that can't effectively be defended one-on-one. Right now the Buffs don't have someone who can do this.

So to get a post player like that for 2017 I see these choices:
1. find some undiscovered gem out there, most likely international
2. get a graduate transfer as a one year filler and get that "Ruthy Hebard" like player in 2018
3. find a good one from the junior college ranks
And then convince whoever you find that they would love to come to Colorado and play with these players and for these coaches.

Make it so, coaches!

Back