What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

WBB: Next 5 games are crucial. Not a huge talent gap...

CUoldtimer

...with these teams coming up like there was with Stanford, Cal, UCLA and USC. Road games are going to be tough regardless on who we play in this league. Gotta somehow split Oregon trip to go 1-1. Same for the two Utah games (go 1-1 at least). Split WA games at home by beating WSU who have big injuries. That would give us 4 league wins total. We would still get both Oregon games at home and at WSU later in season. Could get 1-2 wins there so that's 5-6 league wins for 16-17 total wins. That would be an incredible first season that will help with the 2018 and 2019 classes.

And Oregon state beat Stanford and USC. What a strong conference. Getting to 5 conference wins seems like a huge feat. Our big three of Robinson, KL and Smith all have to play well in the same game to compete. Hope they do it. Gotta be patient as this season and next season are going to be a struggle. The staff has told anybody that would listen this fact though. 2018-2019 season could be a good one if we can get a great class in 2018 and develop the 2017 class. Knight, Jank and hollingshed could all be contributors after a year plus in the weight room and a year of playing here.

It would help if somebody else had a great game to go along with Robinson, Leonard and Smith. Keep making free throws, rebound, low turnovers. It can be done.

It would help if somebody else had a great game to go along with Robinson, Leonard and Smith. Keep making free throws, rebound, low turnovers. It can be done.

Well, Ellis stepped up. So did Kennedy. Not so much shooting wise with the other two. Girls fought until the end. Need to try and split weekend. Gonna be tough. Hope Kennedy has enough left in the gas tank for Sunday.

This team has to figure out how to stop digging a big hole for themselves in the third quarter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kennedy has played the full 40 in three straight games now. Hard to imagine she won't be a bit tired come Sunday and then again at home on Wednesday v Utah.

In the fourth quarter as the Buffs were fighting to get back into it they just couldn't get stops which puts a tremendous amount of pressure on the team to score on virtually every possession. My gut reaction was that they left some points on the floor after missing some perimeter shots, but in reality it they could have given themselves a realistic shot by forcing the Ducks into bad shots.

KL had 21 points, 7 assists and 6 rebounds. 7-15 from the floor. Ellis with 12 and Smith with 10.

This team has to figure out how to stop digging a big hole for themselves in the third quarter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It seemed like they just got killed inside in the 3rd. Went on their usual dry spell offensively. KL just carries too much of the scoring burden. Smith and Robinson gotta shoot better.

Kennedy has played the full 40 in three straight games now. Hard to imagine she won't be a bit tired come Sunday and then again at home on Wednesday v Utah.

In the fourth quarter as the Buffs were fighting to get back into it they just couldn't get stops which puts a tremendous amount of pressure on the team to score on virtually every possession. My gut reaction was that they left some points on the floor after missing some perimeter shots, but in reality it they could have given themselves a realistic shot by forcing the Ducks into bad shots.

KL had 21 points, 7 assists and 6 rebounds. 7-15 from the floor. Ellis with 12 and Smith with 10.

We force turnovers but where do we rank ok opponents scoring and opponents FG% in the conference. It has to be bottom 3.

We force turnovers but where do we rank ok opponents scoring and opponents FG% in the conference. It has to be bottom 3.
Here's the answer - it's for all games, not just conference games.
FIELD GOAL PCT DEFENSE

## Team G FG FGA Pct

12. Colorado............ 18 410 1010 .406

From the beginning of the season I have stated my concerns about this defense. As CUoldtimer has stated, if the Buffs don't force a turnover they give up a high percentage shot. This makes it very difficult for CU to win close games as they just can't get consistent stops. Until they can force bad shots and get the rebound they are going to continue to not get wins in conference play.

Only shot 50% from free throw line last night, 68.8% for the season. That isn't good enough.
I agree. Neither is shooting 35.8% from the field. Those numbers just aren't going to get it done. This Oregon game was very winnable for the Buffs. If they had just gotten each of those percentages up by 5% that would have been 3 more field goals and 1 more free throw for a total of 7 more points (or up to 10 with 3 point shots).

Well, I was wrong on the OR teams. They clearly have more talent and are much further along in their systems. Next three games are crucial vs Utah at home and on the road plus WSU at home.

Yep, no match for Oregon State. Forgot to play the 3rd quarter again. I gave up and didn't watch 4th quarter. Beavs figured out how to stop Leonard.

I think we were up 17-7 and then they went on 17-7 run. 5/19 FG's between our starting perimeter players in smith, KL and Robinson.

Leonard is a player. Tonight was the first time I've watched any women's bball in awhile. Leonard has got game, grit, and energy... ...but I must say, we desperately need a few more players like her; hopefully the incoming freshmen can help out, because Leonard can't do it all every game. Good win for the Buffs though!

Leonard is a player. Tonight was the first time I've watched any women's bball in awhile. Leonard has got game, grit, and energy... ...but I must say, we desperately need a few more players like her; hopefully the incoming freshmen can help out, because Leonard can't do it all every game
Kennedy struggled at times prior to the last three minutes or so, particularly at the free throw line. But when the Buffs absolutely needed points she figured out how to get them. Nine points in the last 80 seconds.

Agree with dymeduke that they have to develop or find players that can score regularly besides Kennedy.

Beyond the last few minutes, the game was poorly played by both teams. Shooting in particular was an issue for both teams.

Shooting has regularly been an issue for both these teams. I believe that, coming into tonight's game, they were the two teams with the lowest shooting percentages in the conference and they were both down around 30% again tonight. CU certainly has many things to work on but I am really glad they pulled out the win tonight. And they actually won the third quarter tonight.... first time in a bunch of games they have done that!

Poorly played game but we will take the W.

Kennedy is a baller and she dug deep at the end of the game to sink the free throws and seal the win. She is pretty much doing this by herself and the kid can't win every game alone.

Buffs did play good defense on Potter.

Kennedy struggled at times prior to the last three minutes or so, particularly at the free throw line. But when the Buffs absolutely needed points she figured out how to get them. Nine points in the last 80 seconds.

Agree with dymeduke that they have to develop or find players that can score regularly besides Kennedy.

Beyond the last few minutes, the game was poorly played by both teams. Shooting in particular was an issue for both teams.

She was definitely frustrated. I think she's used to getting more fouls inside. It was a bad game for both teams but win feels great.

Back