What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

WBB PAC-12 Coaches awards... Congrats Buffs

If Arielle didn't win FOY, there were going to be some serious issues.

Surprised Chucky wasn't on the defensive team, but congrats to all!

Lappe should have been COY!
I agree. When your team is picked to finish first and they finish tied for first you did what was expected. When your team was picked to finsh at 9 and you finish at 4, you have exceeded espectations by quite a bit.

WBB is a 3-loss team if they win the 2 stupidly close and winnable games vs Cal. For more dialed-in basketball analysts, what's the net effect of Chucky graduating? How does it translate in the W/L record next year? A hypothetical question I know, but I'd be interested in hearing some opinions. IMO the team is one monster recruit away a 3-4 year Top 10. And so soon. I think Linda is the unsung gem of the Athletic Dept, and hope it translates into a big jump in attendance revenue at some point.

Totally agree that if Arielle didn't get FOY, it would have been so wrong.

Chucky definitely is All Pac 12 and I'm happy B-Wil made the All Defensive team.

Chucky can play great D also and did make the All Defensive team last year. I'm guessing our votes got split since Rachel and Arielle got honorable mention on the All Defensive team.

Glad to see Jen get some recognition for her hard work.

I know I'm prejudiced, but Lappe deserved Coach of the Year for what she has done. She has over-achieved every season she has been here. CU took a chance on one of it's own and it is really paying off.

Chucky is the glue that holds the team together on the court this season. She does what she needs to do against each opponent--whether it be defense, score or rebound. She used to have too many turnovers, but she's cut way down on those this season. Losing her will be tough. I'd say B-Wil is going to have to step up and be the on the court leader next year.

If Swan does the work in the off season, she has the potential of being a great big. We have been lacking with a big player with a wide body who is not afraid to go inside and bang. Jamee seems to have no fear.

Arielle needs a bit more muscle but can already hold her own in the Pac 12 as we have seen.

They can all improve. Ky needs to do some work over the summer to get more confidence at the point. A healthy Huggins can shoot. We never saw a fit, healthy Huggins this season.

Sborov has some work to do. Don't know how much the heart issues and missed games had to do with her some times disappearing in games. Kresl has shown signs of being a great 3 pt shooter, but not consistently. We need her to be a constant threat from outside.

What Lappe and Jonas Chatterton have done with Rachel Hargis is amazing. I did not see in her what Lappe did when she recruited her. I am so happy that she got recognition. She doesn't have the God given athletic ability that many of her teammates have. She has gotten to this point by hard work and determination.

We'll have to see how the new players fit in. That is always an unknown.

I agree about being one big name recruit away from being a Top 10 program. Lappe will get us there. I believe.

Way to go Buffs......

All PAC-12 team : Chucky Jeffrey
All Pac12 Honorable Mention : Jen Reese, Arielle Roberson
PAC-12 FOY : Arielle Roberson (also All Freshman Team)
All defensive team : Brittany Wilson
All defensive Honorable Mention : Rachel Hargis, Chucky Jeffrey, Arielle Roberson

http://pac-12.com/Sports/Pac-12News...12-13-Pac-12-Conference-honors-announced.aspx

This all seems right except Linda was the COY. About two or three weeks ago I began thinking she deserved to win it, but didn't want to jinx the team by bringing it up.

I figured Arielle would have a good shot at FOY as she came on again at the end of the season. I think it helped that she was playing some at the 3 rather than the 4 where she was against bigger stronger post type players in conference play. In the long run I think the 3 is where she will have the most success.

Chucky did improve from last season. It's a credit to her mental toughness and determination that she is a better player. She'll get a shot at the WNBA.

It's too soon to be begin talking about next season.

Very awesome to see all the individual accolades!

I can not wait to see this team in a few years with Swan, Roberson, Weston and Huggins as seniors or even in two years when we still have Reese, Kresl and Soborov. That is a helluva nucleus to build around but Lappe needs to continue to recruit strong and maybe even a hair better to top teams like Stanford, Baylor, etc. Hopefully her success will help her get that big name recruit soon.

Oh and by the way, the Pac 12 media wasn't as kind to CU. No FOY and no CU player on the Defensive team. Obviously the coaches know best!...
http://www.cubuffs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=206598975&DB_OEM_ID=600

Congrats to all.

I was really hoping that B-Wil would get the recognition she deserved for her defense and love seeing that it happened.

Regarding the loss of Chucky for next season, she's simply not he type of player you can replace. Greater depth and maturity plus the new talent coming will replace the production from a numbers standpoint. But Chucky's been that player who everyone looked to when a play needed to be made or who would take on the leadership role of raising the energy & toughness when the team was going through a rough patch in a game.

I think we'll have a worse record next season but have the potential to be a better team that can do deeper in the tourney by the end of the year.

I agree. When your team is picked to finish first and they finish tied for first you did what was expected. When your team was picked to finsh at 9 and you finish at 4, you have exceeded espectations by quite a bit.

From 6-12 last year to 13-5, and yet they give it to the coach who just does what she always does. Lame. Sometimes I fear the Pac is going to be as California-centric as the ACC is Carolina-centric, where you just do not get all of the recognition you deserve if you aren't from the "capital".

Not trying to rain on the parade here though. Big congrats to all Buffs and their awards. Truly a season to be proud of.

https://pac12wbb.wordpress.com/2013/03/06/pac-12-tournament-predictions/

Pac 12 Tourney predictions

Game Ten: Stanford (1) vs. Colorado (4)
Winner: Colorado, the Buffs will come in with confidence, and will finally put in a full 40 minutes of quality basketball in against the Cardinal.

Game Eleven: California (2) vs. Colorado (4)
Winner: California, in another close game between these two opponents, Cal grabs the win with a late layup from Brittany Boyd.

I hope we get to the championship game!!!

I'd much rather face Cal than Stanford in the semifinals, but if we could somehow upset the Cardinal... Oh man....

I'd much rather face Cal than Stanford in the semifinals, but if we could somehow upset the Cardinal... Oh man....

I know. But I'm worried about the rematch with UDub in Seattle. We're rightly favored, but it's not a matchup I'm comfortable looking past even from the perspective of a fan. That one worries me.

I know. But I'm worried about the rematch with UDub in Seattle. We're rightly favored, but it's not a matchup I'm comfortable looking past even from the perspective of a fan. That one worries me.
Me too. Especially with UDub providing free tickets, free transportation and FREE FOOD to students if they go to the game (per another board). This will be like a UDub home game for sure.

No game is a sure thing in a conference tourney. We will have to be ready and play our best.

Back