What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

WBB ranking

At this point, I think the women get a "4" or "5" seed. Playing at home should be enough to carry them to victory in the opening round and in a 2nd round matchup against an opponent we're equally matched against.

So, Sweet 16 and then we run into UConn or Baylor. Hope for a "3" or "6" instead, because we'd have a legitimate shot at beating a "2" in the women's field.

Well, Nik, you're even more optimistic than I am. I'm liking the fact that ESPN bracketoloogy has us up from a 6 to a 5 seed today .... thinking in terms of beating the #4 seed to advance to the sweet 16 rather than having to face a 3 seed to advance. And here you are looking at the easier path to the Elite 8. I luv it that we're having this level discussion in February about our WBB team!!

Well, Nik, you're even more optimistic than I am. I'm liking the fact that ESPN bracketoloogy has us up from a 6 to a 5 seed today .... thinking in terms of beating the #4 seed to advance to the sweet 16 rather than having to face a 3 seed to advance. And here you are looking at the easier path to the Elite 8. I luv it that we're having this level discussion in February about our WBB team!!

I think we're going to head into the Pac-12 tourney at 24-5, with our only losses to ranked teams. 4 of those losses will be to teams expected to get a "1" or "2" seed and the other to a team that will be in the Top 15 that we played on the road. Victories will include a Top 15 Louisville squad, the MWC champs (SDSU) who might be Top 25 in the end, and a road win at an Illinois squad that beat Top 15 Georgia and is looking like it will have 20 wins and a winning record in the B1G.

If we do that and the committee gives us a 6-seed, we should riot.

I think we're going to head into the Pac-12 tourney at 24-5, with our only losses to ranked teams. 4 of those losses will be to teams expected to get a "1" or "2" seed and the other to a team that will be in the Top 15 that we played on the road. Victories will include a Top 15 Louisville squad, the MWC champs (SDSU) who might be Top 25 in the end, and a road win at an Illinois squad that beat Top 15 Georgia and is looking like it will have 20 wins and a winning record in the B1G.

If we do that and the committee gives us a 6-seed, we should not be overly surprised since this is the ncaa we are talking about.

fify

Seems like lots of the women's (and men's) seeding is done based on reputation and history, two areas that we lack. I hope that the women get a fair shake, they have earned a higher seed so far this season but until it happens I won't be surprised to see someone else who has had recent success in the tourney get jumped ahead of them.

fify

Seems like lots of the women's (and men's) seeding is done based on reputation and history, two areas that we lack. I hope that the women get a fair shake, they have earned a higher seed so far this season but until it happens I won't be surprised to see someone else who has had recent success in the tourney get jumped ahead of them.

Unfortunately, this is so true. We will play in Boulder, it's just who else is in the bracket.

The Illini win was early in the season, as Ky Weston told me when I was in Boulder. Neither team is what it was that day. Both are much better now.

fify

Getting the first weekend in Boulder is already a huge break. I'd gladly trade down a seed for the rights to home games. Take the men for instance -- two years ago we got royally screwed in epic proportions unseen by . However, last year we arguably got a seed higher than we deserved and favorable location. You're right though, any big name bubble team will always get the benefit of the doubt.

Brian Howell of the Camera voted the Buffs at 16. Thinks they will move up to 19 because Florida State lost two games.

Brian Howell of the Camera voted the Buffs at 16. Thinks they will move up to 19 because Florida State lost two games.

I think he's right. We should make a significant move in the USA Today Coaches Poll, though. I'm thinking 4 spots.

AP poll for 2/25 out with the Buffs up 1 to a season high ranking of 19. Brian Howell's prediction was right on the money.

USA Coaches Poll out today moved us up four to 19th, so CU is ranked 19th in both polls.

Brian said one sports writer is still leaving CU off their AP ballot. Wonder who that is or what part of the country they are from?

Today is "19's" day for our CU Buffs WBB team ...... AP poll 19; Coaches poll 19; rpi (per warren nolan) 19; projected rpi 19.

These last 2 games shouldn't help our SOS or RPI, but they would be road wins. That helps to balance playing a weak opponent.

The key to our seeding will be winning the rematch against Washington in the P12T... in Seattle.

The key to our seeding will be winning the rematch against Washington in the P12T... in Seattle.

Which won't be easy. Doubt we can work our way up to a 3 seed, so I'm hoping for a 6 seed. We have a much better opportunity in the Sweet Sixteen to win a game if we can avoid a 1 seed.

Which won't be easy. Doubt we can work our way up to a 3 seed, so I'm hoping for a 6 seed. We have a much better opportunity in the Sweet Sixteen to win a game if we can avoid a 1 seed.

Only way we're seeing a 3 seed, imho, is if we upset Stanford and then either Cal or UCLA to win the P12T.

Only way we're seeing a 3 seed, imho, is if we upset Stanford and then either Cal or UCLA to win the P12T.

Agree. Had an exchange with Brian last night and he thinks we can beat a 2 seed on a neutral court, so hope we get a 6 seed.

Buffs are ranked #19 in today's AP poll. Dropped one spot after getting beaten by Stanford.

Chucky was named to the All Tourney Team! Congrats to her.

Buffs are ranked #19 in today's AP poll. Dropped one spot after getting beaten by Stanford.

Chucky was named to the All Tourney Team! Congrats to her.

I would have been ok with the Buffs dropping in the polls for losing to Stanford if we'd been ranked in the Top 15 (where we belong) to start.

We didn't give Stanford a game in the 2nd half. If we had, we wouldn't have dropped to 19th.

I do agree that we should have been in the Top 15 previous to the tourney.

Back