What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

We are back in.

This is the easiest argument on the face of the planet.

Oregon lost to LSU at neutral site.
Bama lost to LSU at home.

Advantage Oregon.

Oregon will have won their division.
Bama won't.

Advantage Oregon.

Oregon will have won their conference.
Bama won't.

Advantage Oregon.

Oregon will have had to play an extra game to win their conference and have an extra win.
Bama won't.

Advantage Oregon.

Oregon has hotter cheerleaders.

Advantage Oregon.

Those are the facts. I win, you lose. The End.

No B12 title game this year. You people don't take your football seriously. You can't lose to Texas Tech and play for the title.

:lol: i forgot they don't have enough teams for a title game! how quickly i have moved on to the p12!

yeah, i agree that the tech loss is an especially bad loss, but you have think like a voter too. there are many regional biases. and, the b12 has historically done well in promoting its own. perhaps this year will be different because of all the conference changes and the fact that texasss is down... i dunno.

i think you have to look at it like this: lsu is in, unless they lose twice. so, that leaves the second spot open to either ou, oregon, or bama. lsu already beat bama and oregon. that leaves ou.

:lol: i forgot they don't have enough teams for a title game! how quickly i have moved on to the p12!

yeah, i agree that the tech loss is an especially bad loss, but you have think like a voter too. there are many regional biases. and, the b12 has historically done well in promoting its own. perhaps this year will be different because of all the conference changes and the fact that texasss is down... i dunno.

i think you have to look at it like this: lsu is in, unless they lose twice. so, that leaves the second spot open to either ou, oregon, or bama. lsu already beat bama and oregon. that leaves ou.

Strange thing is, I think if LSU loses even once they are out. They usually put more emphasis on a late loss than an early one. In that case Bama would slide in along with someone from another conference, likely one of the OU's. I don't think it is right because based on the body of work LSU is certainly one of the best two teams in the country, even with one loss, but that is how the system works.

Sorry Charlie, looking at the faces of the fans in the stadium when Bama lost that game, they sure looked punked to me.

Your loyalties are clearly expressed in your handle but I don't think most of the country has much interest in seeing an LSU-Bama rematch. Oregon-LSU would be a much funner game with a wider geographic interest.

Uh no it wouldn't. I rather see OU than see the Ducks get blown out against LSU again

Bama is probably the 2nd best team in the nation. No problem with them playing for the title

Strange thing is, I think if LSU loses even once they are out. They usually put more emphasis on a late loss than an early one. In that case Bama would slide in along with someone from another conference, likely one of the OU's. I don't think it is right because based on the body of work LSU is certainly one of the best two teams in the country, even with one loss, but that is how the system works.

you seriously think if lsu loses just one (and assuming it isn't a horrible loss of some sort) that they will sit home while the 2 teams they beat (bama and oregon) play for it all? that seems highly unlikely to me, but i would enjoy the epic meltdowns...

you seriously think if lsu loses just one (and assuming it isn't a horrible loss of some sort) that they will sit home while the 2 teams they beat (bama and oregon) play for it all? that seems highly unlikely to me, but i would enjoy the epic meltdowns...

Nothing for sure but I would think it would happen, and yes the meltdown would be epic.

No matter what you do there is going to be an argument. Current system you have polls and you have computers, all looking at the full season but biased towards the later part of the season. Go to a playoff then you get into arguments about the first team or teams left out. You also get arguments about seeding and what happens when you have a two loss team beat an undefeated before the final game?

The discussion is a big part of what makes it fun but you will never have a system that makes everyone happy.

Advantage Oregon.

Bama won't.

Advantage Oregon.

Bama won't.

Advantage Oregon.

Oregon will have had to play an extra game to win their conference and have an extra win.
Bama won't.

Advantage Oregon.

Advantage Oregon.

Here's the fact: Bama could (Probably should have if not for their kickers) have won the game vs LSU

Oregon had no shot at beating LSU. Dominated at the point of attack.

Honestly, both Alabama and Oregon have legit arguments. If one gets left out, it is not the end of the world, it happens.

Honestly, both Alabama and Oregon have legit arguments. If one gets left out, it is not the end of the world, it happens.

Fine by me if Oregon is left out as I would much rather face the Big-10 winner then LSU. That and if Oregon wins they will finish number 2 and thats a top 5 finish for 3 straight years!

If OU wins out then they would have the better win because a win in Stillwater would easily be a more impressive win that at Stanford. Stanford is over-rated and will probably lose to ND next week.

You're stoned. No way does ND beat Stanford. Stanford was overrated at #4, but at #10 or whatever they are, they're about right. They're a very solid football team. Not one of the very best in the country, but very solid just the same.

Both Alabama and Oregon lost to LSU. Both Alabama and Oregon are clearly the next two best teams in the country. Oregon lost earlier in the year, at a quasi-neutral site. Alabama lost at home two weeks ago. Advantage Oregon. The Ducks are freakishly fast. Probably faster than LSU, even. They are kinda stupid at times, though.

Here's the fact: Bama could (Probably should have if not for their kickers) have won the game vs LSU

Oregon had no shot at beating LSU. Dominated at the point of attack.

Umm, that is not a fact. That is speculation. Read my post again for the facts. Such as Bama got to play LSU at home, Oregon was at at neutral site. If you think that didn't give Bama an advantage in their outcome vs LSU then you are delusional. Time for you to go back to school son to learn about definitions. Again, I win, you lose. The End.

The people on this board. Somebody thought the LSU/OU game was in NOLA. Somebody else thought the B12 has a title game. I feel like I am talking football with my brother's kids.

I know. There's a guy here that thinks a team should get a rematch for the MNC against a team that already beat them on their home field. Can you believe the **** people come up with??? :lol: :rofl: :rofl2: :lol: :rofl: :rofl2:

Define "successful".

SaulFinal.jpg

Bama, don't tell me how I take my football, I take it plenty seriously. If you have an issue, you can go back to your inbred circle-jerk SEC boards. Everyone there will think the Tide should get another shot.

Umm, that is not a fact. That is speculation. Read my post again for the facts. Such as Bama got to play LSU at home, Oregon was at at neutral site. If you think that didn't give Bama an advantage in their outcome vs LSU then you are delusional. Time for you to go back to school son to learn about definitions. Again, I win, you lose. The End.

Fact: I watched both games.

Fact: I know football you don't

Fact: They could have played the game at Chip Kelly's backyard and LSU would have won by 2 TD's. Oregon was dominated at the line of scrimmage against LSU. Bama was not.

I'd rather see the VA Tech vs Clemson winner play LSU than a rematch with Oregon or Alabama (assuming Clemson & VA Tech each go to the ACC Championship game with 1 loss).

Why should LSU have to beat someone twice?

I'd rather see the VA Tech vs Clemson winner play LSU than a rematch with Oregon or Alabama (assuming Clemson & VA Tech each go to the ACC Championship game with 1 loss).

Why should LSU have to beat someone twice?

I agree. It would give an unfair advantage to Bama or UO for a rematch. Oklahoma if they win out, or a one loss ACC team would be fine too. Rematch should not be an option.

-- I'm a Guy On A Buffalo --

Advantage Oregon.

Bama won't.

Advantage Oregon.

Bama won't.

Advantage Oregon.

Bama won't.

Advantage Oregon.

Advantage Oregon.

Couldn't have said it any better. +1

hey, georgia southern is very good. good thing for 'bama that they "the greatest defense in the history of college football"...

Oregon had a better record than we did and won their conference. We shouldn't have been in the discussion. If I remember Illinois had a legitimate gripe as well.

I think a team should have a conference championship under their belt if they're playing in the BCS Title Game. Plus, Oregon v. SLU for the first and last games of the season has a nice story-line. Thinks might be different next time.

As I mentioned before, in 2001 we lost our game with Texas 41-7, which is an ass-whooping, but went on to beat them in the CCG.

As far as Oregon deserving it more that season, that's what I was getting at if you filter out my Buff fandom.

I'm from Illinois, and a fan of U of I, and while they had a great team, they really weren't at the level of the other teams considered for the national championship game. The major gripes for Illinois fans were that Illinois didn't get to play in the Rose Bowl because that was the national championship game, and it had been so long since they'd played in the Rose Bowl. Also, they were chosen to play in the Sugar Bowl against LSU (basically a home game for them).

I agree with the rest of your post, and would much rather see that than another LSU v. Bama snorefest. I'm a Bears fan and love good defense, but even though the defenses were great, the offenses wouldn't have put up many points on anyone that night.

Fact: I watched both games.

Fact: I know football you don't

Fact: They could have played the game at Chip Kelly's backyard and LSU would have won by 2 TD's. Oregon was dominated at the line of scrimmage against LSU. Bama was not.

1. Congrats you know how to push a power button and allow photons to reach your eyeballs. I amazingly was able to accomplish this historic feat as well.
2. You obviously don't know the meaning of fact, thus your argument that you know more about football than me is pretty weak.
3. The only fact of this argument is that both teams lost to LSU, and that Bama had the home crowd. Colorado got stomped by Texas in 2001 and won the rematch. Fact: Past performance is no guarantee of future success.

History doesn't care about margin of victory, it cares about W-L. Oregon has the better argument based on cold hard FACTS, please refer to my exceptional post again for a refresher. I welcome your opinion on why your think Alabama would be a better match up, but they don't deserve the rematch over Oregon. When you can learn the difference between opinion and fact, you can rejoin the adult's table.

You're stoned. No way does ND beat Stanford. Stanford was overrated at #4, but at #10 or whatever they are, they're about right. They're a very solid football team. Not one of the very best in the country, but very solid just the same.

Well, you just agreed with me that Stanford was over-rated. I should clarify that I was referring more to when they were ranked #4, but I still think they're slightly over-rated by a spot or 2 right now. As for ND, the problem with them is they've basically been off the radar due to all the nondescript (not to mention bad) opponents (USC withstanding) that they've played since throttling a very good MSU team in mid-September. ND could easily be a 1-loss team at this point, and probably should be. Yes they're consistently over-hyped just about every year but they're actually a pretty good team for once.

hey, georgia southern is very good. good thing for 'bama that they "the greatest defense in the history of college football"...

Good to see you´re finally starting to take your football seriously, Sonny.

So Bamacharlie how about that performance against a FCS team? I realize every team is allowed their off games, but even with running up the score Bama only won by 24.

Back