What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

We Are Colorado!

Unleash Hell

We are an awesome football program with a proud history. We are in the process of rebuilding this great program, it's not going to be easy, thanks to the former regime. This first rebuilding year we have had to deal with a lot of injuries and playing young players. That PT will benefit those young men in the future.
We will be back. We have had down times before, but what we have done that not many other college football programs can claim is, we have won at least one conference title in every decade since the 60's. Thats five straight decades that we have won a conference title.

I trust and believe in coach Embree and his staff in getting the right football players in here to turn this around. He knows what it takes and he will learn from his mistakes and only get better. He is determined to turn this around, he loves this program unlike the last coach.

Too much negativity lately, and her eis my positive post.

FIGHT CU DOWN THE FIELD, CU MUST WIN. FIGHT FIGHT FOR VICTORY. CU KNOWS NO DEFEAT SO ROLL UP THAT MIGHTY SCORE. NEVER GIVE IN.SHOULDER TO SHOULDER WE WILL FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!!!

We are an awesome football program with a proud history. We are in the process of rebuilding this great program, it's not going to be easy, thanks to the former regime. This first rebuilding year we have had to deal with a lot of injuries and playing young players. That PT will benefit those young men in the future.
We will be back. We have had down times before, but what we have done that not many other college football programs can claim is, we have won at least one conference title in every decade since the 60's. Thats five straight decades that we have won a conference title.

I trust and believe in coach Embree and his staff in getting the right football players in here to turn this around. He knows what it takes and he will learn from his mistakes and only get better. He is determined to turn this around, he loves this program unlike the last coach.

FIGHT CU DOWN THE FIELD, CU MUST WIN. FIGHT FIGHT FOR VICTORY. CU KNOWS NO DEFEAT SO ROLL UP THAT MIGHTY SCORE. NEVER GIVE IN.SHOULDER TO SHOULDER WE WILL FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!!!

:yeahthat: :gobuffs:

Refreshing and great post!

There's only so much you can do with a 7-2 offsuit in a game....

I think Embree is closer to McCartney than any coach since. Is that a reach, maybe. He's a no BS type of guy though who expects to win, and CU has enough history that it won't take as long as some on these boards think to become nationally relevant again...

When the current freshman are seniors, nobody on the team will expect to lose. NOBODY.

Again, Embree has not even had ONE single full recruiting class. Sure he's on a leash, but there is no reason yet to think he's in over his head...

I think Embree is closer to McCartney than any coach since.

i say this in a good-hearted way DD....but when JE wins two different BCS conferences then we talk about him better than Gary Barnett. (yes, GB's NW Big Ten championship was before the BCS, but you get my point).

JE hasn't even won 2 games yet, let alone conf titles. anyway, i don't mind people calling it like it is. gonna be a long road back.

I hear you Mick, and I'm not disagreeing. And I'm not annointing JE as the next McCartney yet.

Embree has had less than one full season. He needs a few (3-4) years to know what CU has in him as HC.

I think he'll be fine, possibly great. But he can't be solely judged on year one. That is the point I'm trying to make. And I don't think Embree will allow the players to slide in off-the-field antics....

on record, i wasn't the hugest fan of the Embree hire (and more "back to the past" at CU--heck, we already did Barnett)....but i like what Jon has been saying since day 1 and i'm still behind the staff. we aren't very good right now and the schedule is brutal, that's for sure.

we've got a wicked kool-aid and then backlash tendency in the CU fanbase (just as guilty as anyone, more or less)....so, i take it with a grain of salt.

Great Post! Well said!

I appreciate your positive attitude... But if you don't mind, I am going to remain bitter and cynical for a little while longer.

A lot of great programs have gone through lean times. If you think about it, it's more a rule than an exception.

Leash is showing some character here. He's on my team!!! Go BUFFS!!!!!

Maybe I'm the only one that thinks this is a big deal I don't know, but I think it's pretty cool. I did some digging, and out of the BCS conference programs, the following are the ones who have at least one conference title in each of the past 5 decades. You'll notice a lot of national football powers absent from this list.

Alabama
Ohio State
Michigan
Michigan State
Colorado
Texas
Washington
USC

Thats it! Only 8 BCS conference programs have won or shared at least one conference title in each of the past 5 decades!:wow:

Return To Dominance (part deux)! We're gonna crush these mallards Saturday (2013)! Rough em up, rough em up, go CU!

f7bfibpnbji.jpg

image2251345j.jpg

[video=youtube;1CvJdt4CJag]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CvJdt4CJag&feature=related[/video]

[video=youtube;TkSYGZDlsQA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkSYGZDlsQA[/video]

[video=youtube;ne7fPpxAnuM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ne7fPpxAnuM[/video]

Back