What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

We are deep at WR

buffaholic

Club Member
Club Member
I've been right about a lot of things on this rebuild but I will admit I was dead wrong on our returning WR core.

These guys have made a total turnaround and guys I had written off are legit. Hat's of to Coach Chev for a ridiculous job of injecting attitude and confidence into this group, which clearly has helped the whole team.

Looking for the thread now for all the mockers of us recruiting Steven Montez! (y)

They're legit.

Can't say enough good things about them right now, so I'm just gonna leave it at this so I don't sell them short.

Amazing performance today!

Who knew after last year that Bobo would catch everything in reach? The guy's been awesome. And Ross catching several deep TDs, Shay going deep or with great YAC. And yeah, it's great to know Montez will produce after Sefo leaves, wondering about the cupboard...

I didn't buy in either, but all of them are proving what they can do...and to think we are likely to be even better next year.

Before the season I had more confidence in Bobo than Ross, and when Winfree went down I didn't really expect much.

Can you imagine this group WITH Winfree?

Before the season I had more confidence in Bobo than Ross, and when Winfree went down I didn't really expect much.

Can you imagine this group WITH Winfree?

Next year. Along with the freshmen coming in and Huntley + other underclassmen coming on. We lose Awini from the WR corp unless someone jumps to the NFL. That's it.

Next year. Along with the freshmen coming in and Huntley + other underclassmen coming on. We lose Awini from the WR corp unless someone jumps to the NFL. That's it.
Gonna be crazy, now knowing what Montez is capable of. Need that NT, as you keep pointing out.

I knew they were going to be the strength of the O, but holy ****. The QBs have multiple targets at any given time. Deepest WR core we've had in over a decade.

pregame last week on the radio interviewed Ross, or Bobo, apologies on not recalling which, but it's beside the point: the player said, last year I was so scared to get yelled at for making a mistake, coach Chiv is just awesome, I can just relax and make plays because coach Chev believes in me.

It was eye opening. And damning. And encouraging. Chev needs to be locked down. Can you "franchise" a coach?

Just think how far we've come. Jay Mac (who is a legit P5 receiver but still not one our best) is as talented as our #1 WRs on some teams in the not so distant past.

Pretty sure holic IS cecil lammy..."im a scout for the cfl" "I know a team when I see it" "i watch film"(you watch a dvr and are as full of **** as the rest of us). Get over yourself.

pregame last week on the radio interviewed Ross, or Bobo, apologies on not recalling which, but it's beside the point: the player said, last year I was so scared to get yelled at for making a mistake, coach Chiv is just awesome, I can just relax and make plays because coach Chev believes in me.

It was eye opening. And damning. And encouraging. Chev needs to be locked down. Can you "franchise" a coach?
I was thinking that if we're real good the next two seasons that when the SEC comes after Mac and/or Chiv with a big fat bag of cash, at least if Mac left we could keep Chiv and make him HC..... but that's assuming that we keep trending this direction and Chiv keeps being so awesome.

I was thinking that if we're real good the next two seasons that when the SEC comes after Mac and/or Chiv with a big fat bag of cash, at least if Mac left we could keep Chiv and make him HC..... but that's assuming that we keep trending this direction and Chiv keeps being so awesome.
Keeo this fantasy in check

Yeah, and McIntyre can't play. He just got a scholly because his dad is the coach.
On a serious note, does anyone know why he wasn't returning punts in the second half?

Also, it was awesome to see Coach Mac find him, just for a quick 5-second hug, right when the game was ending.

On a serious note, does anyone know why he wasn't returning punts in the second half?

Also, it was awesome to see Coach Mac find him, just for a quick 5-second hug, right when the game was ending.

Hyperextended his elbow. Came back and played receiver but probably didn't have full flexibility

I've been right about a lot of things on this rebuild but I will admit I was dead wrong on our returning WR core.

These guys have made a total turnaround and guys I had written off are legit. Hat's of to Coach Chev for a ridiculous job of injecting attitude and confidence into this group, which clearly has helped the whole team.

Looking for the thread now for all the mockers of us recruiting Steven Montez! (y)
Good stuff, Holic. I think you had some valid concerns at the beginning of the year, but this WR core has taken it to another level.

Devin Ross is challenging for all conference status so far this season. Guy is absolutely killing it. Glad we didn't move him to DB!!!

Yeah, and McIntyre can't play. He just got a scholly because his dad is the coach.

I'm tired of this narrative. He shouldn't have a scholarship because his dad is a millionaire. That is one less scholarship player we have on the team. One less blocker on special teams, or maybe a linebacker that we could have offered. It was a bad business decision then and it still is. If Bill Belichick was our coach, he would have 22 wives and 50 sons and not a single one of those ****ers would be on scholarship.

Last edited:
I'm tired of this narrative. He shouldn't have a scholarship because his dad is a millionaire. That is one less scholarship player we have on the team. One less blocker on special teams, or maybe a linebacker that we could have offered. It was a bad business decision then and it still is. If Brian Belichick was our coach, he would have 22 wives and 50 sons and not a single one of those ****ers would be on scholarship.
The. Hell.?

I'm tired of this narrative. He shouldn't have a scholarship because his dad is a millionaire. That is one less scholarship player we have on the team. One less blocker on special teams, or maybe a linebacker that we could have offered. It was a bad business decision then and it still is. If Bill Belichick was our coach, he would have 22 wives and 50 sons and not a single one of those ****ers would be on scholarship.

Both of Bill's sons are employed on the Patriots staff this year. Safeties coach and an assistant scout. Neither are working for free.

I agree I need to give Ross props. He has corrected his ability to catch over the shoulder. I always thought Bobo had more in him. Awesome to see it coming out.

Lastly, these guys all block! A lot of our runs benefit from the great blocking we are seeing.

Back