What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

We are deep at WR

I'm tired of this narrative. He shouldn't have a scholarship because his dad is a millionaire. That is one less scholarship player we have on the team. One less blocker on special teams, or maybe a linebacker that we could have offered. It was a bad business decision then and it still is. If Bill Belichick was our coach, he would have 22 wives and 50 sons and not a single one of those ****ers would be on scholarship.
Man. Bad take here. Just because he's the coaches son and they have money, doesn't mean he shouldn't be on scholarship. There are a lot of differences between scholarship players and walk ons and Jay Mac shouldn't have to get the shaft because they can afford tuition more than the average person. Plus, the MacIntyres are supporting another scholarship athlete with their own money to "make up for it".

Both of Bill's sons are employed on the Patriots staff this year. Safeties coach and an assistant scout. Neither are working for free.

Not quite the same since an NFL team can have unlimited coaches. My point was that MacIntyre could have his son play for CU AND had an extra scholarship to give. That is a small advantage to have, but with the buffs, I would take any advantage that us available.

I think my point came across wrong. It was more about exploiting opportunities (like Belichick) than Jay being worthy of a scholarship.

Not quite the same since an NFL team can have unlimited coaches. My point was that MacIntyre could have his son play for CU AND had an extra scholarship to give. That is a small advantage to have, but with the buffs, I would take any advantage that us available.

I think you need to relax on this one, my friend. He's a good player, there are no locker room issues, there are benefits to what the player can access as a scholarship player, and the MacIntyre family took care of paying for a WLAX scholarship in return (a program that was unfunded and struggling to find the budget it needed). You don't have to like it, but it seems to bother you way more than it should.

I'm tired of this narrative. He shouldn't have a scholarship because his dad is a millionaire. That is one less scholarship player we have on the team. One less blocker on special teams, or maybe a linebacker that we could have offered. It was a bad business decision then and it still is. If Bill Belichick was our coach, he would have 22 wives and 50 sons and not a single one of those ****ers would be on scholarship.
So any kid who has wealthy parents should give up his/her scholarship? Right.

He earns it, I could give two terds how it's done. JMac has earned it. He didn't ask for a damn thing as far as I've heard about him. Geez, let him enjoy it.

Just saw Bobo on SC top 10!!! for the second time this year... (the #1 spot, no less)

I stayed up to see where he'd rank. No. 1, baby! And that's all sports. Not just college football. Oh, and the Rapids made the Top 10 as well.

Still don't think shay could start on any other PAC 12 team.

Sorry had to do it holic lol.

pregame last week on the radio interviewed Ross, or Bobo, apologies on not recalling which, but it's beside the point: the player said, last year I was so scared to get yelled at for making a mistake, coach Chiv is just awesome, I can just relax and make plays because coach Chev believes in me.

It was eye opening. And damning. And encouraging. Chev needs to be locked down. Can you "franchise" a coach?
It was Ross

These guys are playing way above any expectation that was set for them. Bono has killed off any of the old memories of stone hands and Ross is a monster.

These guys are playing way above any expectation that was set for them. Bono has killed off any of the old memories of stone hands and Ross is a monster.
You could chop off one of Bobo's arms and he'd still be awesome! Although I don't recommend that.

Prob just my lack of knowledge, but who has a better receiving corp than us? Maybe as good, but is there a better one?

Prob just my lack of knowledge, but who has a better receiving corp than us? Maybe as good, but is there a better one?

In the Pac-12, we're right at the top.

Nationally, I haven't seen everyone. That group at Ole Miss impressed me, though.

This just in... Bryce Bobo is good. Oh, and he's a redshirt Sophomore. We get him for another two and a half years.

Sick.

Remember all the way back to four weeks ago and we were worried about WR production and whether teams would double up on Fields? Yeah, I remember that, too.

We haven't seen WR talent like this here since 2001. Maybe 1994.

This just in... Bryce Bobo is good. Oh, and he's a redshirt Sophomore. We get him for another two and a half years.

Sick.

Remember all the way back to four weeks ago and we were worried about WR production and whether teams would double up on Fields? Yeah, I remember that, too.

RS-Junior

Here are our scholarship WRs by class (projecting to 2017 with current redshirting & recruiting):

Bobo (RS-Sr)
Ento (Sr)
Fields (Sr)
Ross (RS-Sr)
MacIntyre (RS-Jr)
Walker (RS-Jr)
Winfree (RS-Jr)
Huntley (So)
Jan (RS-So)
Rakestraw (RS-Fr)
Bell (Fr)
Jackson (Fr)
Shenault (Fr)

Sick.

And I officially stand corrected. When Winfree went down, I suggested Huntley would eventually pass Bobo at some point this season. That's not going to happen. Barring further injury, Huntley won't see the field at WR for a while now.

RS-Junior

Here are our scholarship WRs by class (projecting to 2017 with current redshirting & recruiting):

Bobo (RS-Sr)
Ento (Sr)
Fields (Sr)
Ross (RS-Sr)
MacIntyre (RS-Jr)
Walker (RS-Jr)
Winfree (RS-Jr)
Huntley (So)
Jan (RS-So)
Rakestraw (RS-Fr)
Bell (Fr)
Jackson (Fr)
Shenault (Fr)
I could swear last year was his first. I'm not saying you're wrong, but I don't believe you.

RS-Junior

Bobo (RS-Sr)
Ento (Sr)
Fields (Sr)
Ross (RS-Sr)
MacIntyre (RS-Jr)
Walker (RS-Jr)
Winfree (RS-Jr)
Huntley (So)
Jan (RS-So)
Rakestraw (RS-Fr)
Bell (Fr)
Jackson (Fr)
Shenault (Fr)
This is a scary good group next season if Winfree recovers and everyone stays healthy. Especially when you consider one of the true Freshman kids might compete for playing time.

Back