What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

We are going to beat California

Pretty spot on post liverv2.0. fify.

Mods, When can we ban Cal_Fan2?

Damn....at least wait until I go all ballistic and insult someone....I could do my best Dan Beebe impersonation ...........

head_up_your_ass2.jpg

Did you take over the Bear's Lair before, during or after the game?

Believe it or not, I've only drunk there about 20 times in my life. It didn't exist when I was a student because you couldn't drink on campus then, except profs at Faculty Club.

By the way, it's being torn down next year as part of a remodel of the whole lower Student Plaza area, so you may have had your last hurrah there (sniff).

Wish I could make it out to Boulder this weekend. Good restaurants and beer joints like Berkeley. We'll have a beautiful new stadium for your next trip out. You gotta drink your way up to the stadium in stages tho'. We'll discuss options as game approaches, whenever that is.

Hope you don't get stuck with those delusional 'whorns again. I'd like to see them go independent, not just UT, the hole (not misspelling) state. We should trade them straight across to Mexico for Baja and have a new bowl game in Cabo. Cabo Wabo Bowl has a nice ring.

Good luck against the Lambs the following weekend.

I suspect you are looking for the answer "before", which is quite true. Not a ton to brag about from our side because the Cal fans don't pregame..they postgame. It was weird that every bar we went to before the game was all CU fans while the bears slept. You guys don't tailgate out there. It was very disappointing.

I suspect you are looking for the answer "before", which is quite true. Not a ton to brag about from our side because the Cal fans don't pregame..they postgame. It was weird that every bar we went to before the game was all CU fans while the bears slept. You guys don't tailgate out there. It was very disappointing.

We don't have a campus layout for tailgating. We hibernate mostly although there is lots of activity in the fraternities and in the center of campus as well as a few traditional watering holes. When we travel to UCLA and USC we tailgate HARD. You're right though about post game...that's when you see us most visibly. We close bars...

GO BEARS!

Last edited:
We don't have a campus layout for tailgating. We hibernate mostly although lots there is lots of activity in the fraternities and in the center of campus as well as a few traditional watering holes. When we travel to UCLA and USC we tailgate HARD. You're right though about post game...that's when you see us most visibly. We close bars...

GO BEARS!
not too tough considering they don't sell hard liquor.

Uh, the bear is actually looking into the adjacent pisser's eyes....dreamily, if you ask me...but flame it Walrus (nice call btw). Didn't think I posted the pic with no expectations did ya?

You Tatankas are pretty cool. I like the posters here. If it were Christmas, I would show up with an O-Line to give you all as a gift. :rofl:

Seriously though, aside from the outcome of Saturday's match up, is anyone really sad that they won't be visiting Lubbock, Norman and Stillwater anymore? (Um...At least for a year or two, maybe). Welcome to the PAC Buffs...the Conference of Champions.

GO BEARS!

**** no I won't miss them. I lived in Vacaville for ten years, actually hit a CU-Stanford game back in the day. Loved the bay area. Love Colorado more, but if I had to move, would probably go back there. I will enjoy hitting the road games for many years to come. So far, the Bears have had the most fans come over here and have been pretty good natured. I like it so far.

**** no I won't miss them. I lived in Vacaville for ten years, actually hit a CU-Stanford game back in the day. Loved the bay area. Love Colorado more, but if I had to move, would probably go back there. I will enjoy hitting the road games for many years to come. So far, the Bears have had the most fans come over here and have been pretty good natured. I like it so far.

Right on FlatironsBuff...we're pretty mellow and friendly. God help you when SC or Oregon visits. Your avatar absolutely kicks ass by the way.

Yeah yeah....So the mods are friggin' intelligent...way better than furd and SC. One is named Liver! Apparently Walrus is Pacino-like (Fuc*in' A bubba) but his sh*t is funny. Creatini is cool. Buff Surveyor is a Nebraska troll. Buffnik has some sweet info. Props to Burrito Palazzo. Boulder Buff is like DrunkOski, Unleash Hell is like D. Dempster, Utter Buff Luv likes Alex Morgan and the rest are pretty chill. Coach Marshall is a sore subject...

Buffs...Cal_Fan2 is pretty cool member from our Boards. I hope you enjoy him for a few days.

Whoa, whoa slow down there pardner - you obviously haven't read enough threads 'round these parts lately.

Unless you're talking about 'tini lack of defense re: his mom - that could be considered cool.

We have 2 users called liver. One used to live in SoCal and is now in NorCal, the other attended college in NorCal and is now in SoCal. Hm.

We have 2 users called liver. One used to live in SoCal and is now in NorCal, the other attended college in NorCal and is now in SoCal. Hm.

I don't know jack about this Board except what I've read and absorbed in the last few days (and somebody already offered me another poster's mom) but I can assure you... I am a parasite and my host is Bearinsider.com. Sorry to upset the status quo here.

eflash_liver_fluke.jpg

fluke2.gif

GO BEARS!

Last edited:
I had season tickets for Cal the year they were in the top 5 until they choked (like 4 years ago or so) but gave them up because the atmosphere was so awful. I remember going over to the OSU visitors section just to get away from the folks on cell phones during the game. Pretty ****ing lame. The atmosphere up on the hill overlooking the stadium was a bit better but you couldn't see the field that well and I guess it's gone anyway with the renovations.

Not gone. Tightwad Hill will be back the same as it ever was next year. As far as "atmosphere", if Tightwad Hill is what you're into, you can smoke a joint in the stadium just about as easily as you can up there. Don't blame the school for your absence of sack.

Well, the simple truth is that we don't tailgate much in Berkeley because there is really not a lot of parking. As you noticed, there is no big parking lot surrounding the stadium, only smaller mostly reserved lots scattered here and there. You can't just drive up to the game and plop your grill down wherever you land.

Also, we are the only team in the league with no stadium lights (until next season) and play most of our games during mid-day, with expensive portable lights for the rare evening games. That doesn't allow for much spontaneous pre-game lubrication, although you can still manage to get a decent heat going, believe me. Many fans haul in picnic lunches and fuel up on campus. Faculty Glade was probably full of folks while you CU folks took over the various commercial establishments.

You can still tailgate, but you have to plan ahead. Before the next Buff/Bear clash, post on the Bear Insider board and you will definitely be able to set up what you want. Most Bears hibernate in the morning, but when we wake up, we can be pretty lively.

As you noticed, most of the celebrating (or drowning of sorrows) is done post-game.

Wish I could be in Boulder Saturday. Here's to an injury-free game.

CB68

i don't think NU's move was motivated by intelligence....more, they got their feelings hurt after a decade of not being the bully on the block when UT and OU didn't seem to think NU's seat at the real big boy table was required any longer. now, they did jump Missouri into the Big Ten (which is nice for the polyester hordes)....but, only after MU did all the cry work.

i don't think NU's move was motivated by intelligence....more, they got their feelings hurt after a decade of not being the bully on the block when UT and OU didn't seem to think NU's seat at the real big boy table was required any longer. now, they did jump Missouri into the Big Ten (which is nice for the polyester hordes)....but, only after MU did all the cry work.

With the exception of the 90's, NU has never really been the bully on the block.

CF2 or CB68...time for the lookalike thread? Your call....

GO BEARS!

Lookalikes are not my strength, especially when I'm stuck surfing on this BlackBerry . We need Mink, Jr. to come over to help or just have Buffs visit Bear Insider if they are interested in such whimsy.

By the way, you CU guys are always welcome at Bear Insider, it is an independent site, loosely affiliated with ESPN, but not really tethered to the Mothership. It's no ShaggyBevo, but I suspect you've had enough of that site to last a lifetime.

Who the hell does post-game instead of pre-game? I'm starting to think the lowly Baylor bears have bigger balls than the Cal bears.

Cal.jpg

I don't know jack about this Board except what I've read and absorbed in the last few days (and somebody already offered me another poster's mom) but I can assure you... I am a parasite and my host is Bearinsider.com. Sorry to upset the status quo here.

GO BEARS!

It´s cool, I was just wondering if there´s something in the water in Cali.

not too tough considering they don't sell hard liquor.

Au contraire, mon frere. Almost all the bars near the campus sell hard liquor. The on-campus Bear's Lair doesn't, but if you want hard booze on campus, the Men's Faculty Club has a great bar with several wide screens. Despite the name, it is open to the public and it really quite a casual place -- no hounds-tooth blazers with elbow patches required. You can take drinks outside on game daze, too, and there is a large lawn nearby to spread out.

Who the hell does post-game instead of pre-game? I'm starting to think the lowly Baylor bears have bigger balls than the Cal bears.

View attachment 7343

First we were Twinkies and now we're cupcakes? What's with CU and calling opponents snack cakes? I hope you're not saying that we are an easy team on your schedule, especially after last year's game (which I wasn't going to bring up until I saw this post).

As far as pre-game goes, I'll bet there is as much of it going on in Berkeley as in Waco, but it is probably more spread out because there is no one main parking/gathering area. Some of it doesn't involve bottles, cans, kegs or cups either, as I suspect is also true in Boulder.

On top of that, many Baptists think drinking is evil and tend to really cut loose and be more demonstrative when doing something "wicked". You're on your own as far as conducting your personal balls comparison, tho'. San Francisco is 12 miles west -- you might have more luck over there with that survey. Let's just say that many of us Bears are comfortable driving Priuses and other small low-power cars.

This sounds like it's gonna be a pretty decent rivalry between our two schools. Bring it on.

Last edited:
Are all Pac 12 fans as cool as these Cal fans?

Nope. But it's much better than we're used to and more similar to how we are.

Not a lot of "Did you remember to turn off the meth stove at your trailer before going to the game?" cracks in the Pac-12.

First we were Twinkies and now we're cupcakes? What's with CU and calling opponents snack cakes? I hope you're not saying that we are an easy team on your schedule, especially after last year's game (which I wasn't going to bring up until I saw this post).

As far as pre-game goes, I'll bet there is as much of it going on in Berkeley as in Waco, but it is probably more spread out because there is no one main parking/gathering area. Some of it doesn't involve bottles, cans, kegs or cups either, as I suspect is also true in Boulder.

On top of that, many Baptists think drinking is evil and tend to really cut loose and be more demonstrative when doing something "wicked". You're on your own as far as conducting your personal balls comparison, tho'. San Francisco is 12 miles west -- you might have more luck over there with that survey. Let's just say that many of us Bears are comfortable driving Priuses and other small low-power cars.

This sounds like it's gonna be a pretty decent rivalry between our two schools. Bring it on.

south-park-smug-313.gif

I gotta say, I like these Cal guy's style. Articulate, esoteric, willing to spar, and a lot more fun than the Hawaii guys. Gonna miss you after we hand you your first loss of the season!

hey, i had a fine time, pre-gaming at cal last year. a cal buddy of mine has a spot on campus and i met him there with about 4 Buffs in-tow. as it was only like 10 in the morning or so, i only brought a couple bottles of whisky with me, along with a case of fat tire. cal guy had a couple of cases and some rum as well. when we finished the last of the second bottle of whisky and the beer with about 45 minutes to kickoff to go, the tweedy tut-tut and harrumph types who were adjacent to my buddy's designated spot began to judge us. it was like judge and mrs. smails from caddy shack. one of my less couth brethren asked mrs. smails if she wanted to shotgun a beer with him. she declined for some reason.

all in all, a good time, all the way up until kickoff.

Back