What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

We are loaded for next year. Great situation for a good coach to step into.

I disagree. Even if Calhoun is the next HC, which I am not really on board with, he is forced to run the option at Air Force.

Calhoun coached in the NFL for four seasons on zone-blocking running game, high percentage West Coast-style passing teams (Shanahan/Kubiak), and at Wake they ran a zone-read spread type scheme.

Wherever Calhoun goes after AFA, he will not "bring the option" with him.

Agree with you in all reality on what he would bring but I am just not on board with him. I am hearing it is a done deal and that the EB and Embree interviews are just window dressing to appease a family hire crowd. All could be rumors and someon could be trying to act like they know more than they do, but the smoke is getting thick and it is coming fromt he Springs.

Unless they are really good underclassmen.

Don't have a problem with a few very good underclassmen. Guys like Richardson, WillJeff, Bakhtiari, Kasa, Polk all need to be on the field and would be playing significant amounts at most schools. At he same time guys like Hirschmann, Bell, Uzo-Diribe, Smith, Bell should be way down the depth chart worried about getting ready for the future, not for the game that week.

^^Agree. Either way, we still have a lot to improve upon before we are a good team.

I know it was always a reach, but if we failed to get one of the top coaches in CFB(miles), because of a money issue....*sigh*....

Don't have a problem with a few very good underclassmen. Guys like Richardson, WillJeff, Bakhtiari, Kasa, Polk all need to be on the field and would be playing significant amounts at most schools. At he same time guys like Hirschmann, Bell, Uzo-Diribe, Smith, Bell should be way down the depth chart worried about getting ready for the future, not for the game that week.
I've been saying this for a while now. How can so many underclassmen be in our two deep? Like you said above, I don't mind a couple of kids here and there, but there have been a lot. Even before the injuries.

I've been saying this for a while now. How can so many underclassmen be in our two deep? Like you said above, I don't mind a couple of kids here and there, but there have been a lot. Even before the injuries.
because players under hawkins regressed at an unprecedented rate

I know it was always a reach, but if we failed to get one of the top coaches in CFB(miles), because of a money issue....*sigh*....

If it plays out like that we are done, unless we catch lightning in a bottle again with a Mac like hire.

Back