What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

We As A Group Have Given Up

I still would only expect 30-40k tops. 46k is still a TON of fans for a team a week removed from the worst team in DI. 46k is still supporting the team IMHO.

It's Parents Weekend (i.e, travel plans made well in advance). You are going to see a big drop in attendance down the line.

50K are not showing up to games. 46K were there yesterday on Parent's Weekend, not a good sign.

47k. Still impressive given the level of garbage we will be subjected to for a decade straight.

You know who doesn't care? The Fans in folsom. I've never seen Folsom like it has been the last two games. It's dead. No one believes the Buffs are gonna pull it out. The students aren't loud. Hell, they are barely there. This is getting to feel like the end of things as far as Boulder football goes.

I get drunk and I'm still not motivated to get loud.

I also left at halftime.

I don't really care that much anymore, and I wonder if the fans haven't reached the end. I think the fanbase is spent and doesn't have much emotion left to put into it.

It's Parents Weekend (i.e, travel plans made well in advance). You are going to see a big drop in attendance down the line.

I don't buy the P's weekend stuff. When I went to CU I didn't know a SINGLE kid whose parents visited him/her and I sure as hell know my parents didn't visit me. And it's really about 47k(46893) in attendance. Only 6k in empty seats is still blind support. One of the most loyal fan bases in the nation at UK still has nearly 20k empty seats at their FB games. The admins don't care about FB there and IMO that's a great comparison. It's almost like CU only cares about B-Ball now. Are we the turning into Kentucky(even though we actually have a proud FB tradition) or are our fans just too passive to care about sports we're not good in?

I'm hoarse today from yelling at the game yesterday. I was flipping off out-of-line UCLA fans (both of them). I believed we were in the game until we were down by 21. I'm going to continue to deny all reality and passionately support the Buffs and wait for the turning point. I will be there to see it when it happens (when I'm in a wheelchair, apparently).

Note: I was drunk

Last edited:

There will be a big turnout for the thursday night ASU game. Attendance will be good for utah also.

I don't buy the P's weekend stuff. When I went to CU I didn't know a SINGLE kid whose parents visited him/her and I sure as hell know my parents didn't visit me. And it's really about 47k(46893) in attendance. Only 6k in empty seats is still blind support. One of the most loyal fan bases in the nation at UK still has nearly 20k empty seats at their FB games. The admins don't care about FB there and IMO that's a great comparison. It's almost like CU only cares about B-Ball now. Are we the turning into Kentucky(even though we actually have a proud FB tradition) or are our fans just too passive to care about sports we're not good in?

Lowest attendance on Family Weekend since 2004. Most of the games in that timeframe have had over 50K.

There will be a big turnout for the thursday night ASU game. Attendance will be good for utah also.

Maybe for ASU, but probably not for Utah. People will find other things to do that day.

I still cared enough to listen to game to the very end, but I was watching other much more interesting games throughout the day. I still like watching CFB, just dont get a whole lot of enjoyment watching our Buffs. You can only take embarrassing loss after embarrassing loss for so long. This admin has killed a lot of support from a great deal of fans. They want us to blindly support them and donate and come out while NOT taking the steps themselves to support the program. Like adding PE classes/major, allowing JUCOs in without so many barriers. Increasing the facilities campaign and making it a lot more public when trying to raise the money instead of the behind the door deals that keep us guessing if they are truly sincere when they say they are coming. I could go on as there are a lot of things the admin could do to show the fanbase that they care about CU football BUT they dont. Prove to us you care and we will be more patient. Right now it is difficult to get behind a program the school itself doesn't support.

CU will never return to the golden age of the late 80s and 90s until there is major change in interest from the very top. SO right now screw them, I'll root for the Buffs but I dont expect us to be competitive indefinitely until their whole mentality about football at CU changes.

GO BUFFS but we are the perennial bottomfeeders, lucky to be in the PAC12, now. They dont care and so they killed my enjoyment of the program.

Last edited:
Lowest attendance on Family Weekend since 2004. Most of the games in that timeframe have had over 50K.

IMO That shows exactly what's wrong with the fanbase. We had MORE attendance through the lame Hawkins years while fans "waited" for the team to get better, because it's all about "being positive and staying the course" with this embattled program than actually trying to do something about it. As long as the attendance is there then the admins won't care. We still almost sold out Folsom for the USC and Oregon games last year even though every single person that went to the game knew that it was going to be over in the first quarter/half. Talk about idiot fans. Yeah we were in a new conference, but that's not an excuse to waste a day watching a pathetic team get run out of the stadium and not even be competitve. I stopped my tickets years ago when we gave Hawkins an extension.

I get drunk and I'm still not motivated to get loud.

I also left at halftime.

I don't really care that much anymore, and I wonder if the fans haven't reached the end. I think the fanbase is spent and doesn't have much emotion left to put into it.

I left mid-way through the 3rd quarter.

I don't care much anymore either. I think the fans bought into the notion that because Embree was a Buff, he could coach and turn this team around.

It's now beinging to sink in that he can't

I think the fans bought into the notion that because Embree was a Buff, he could coach and turn this team around.

It's now beinging to sink in that he can't

Beginning to sink in? Most fans have been quite aware of this incompetency for a while now.

The game is little more than an excuse to throw a tailgate party for me. I have no expectations of winning. For the first time, this week, I went into the game late. I wanted to stay in the parking lot for a little while longer. I'll probably keep doing that. I see no reason to change. The less football I actually witness, the better.

this is what happens when you have virtually no shot to be competitive against the average opponents on your schedule.

this is what happens when your team has sucked at epic levels for nearly 7 straight years, which is a school record.

this is what happens when your administration offers the placebo of past glories with no announced plans for how it will ever improve in the future.

that was a very pedestrian ucla team. yet, they were better, across the board.

back when baylor was in their 2+ decades of total suckitude (rarely, if ever, winning a b12 game), i recall once visiting their main fan site. it was a ghost town. sucking at this level of suckitude sucks the soul out of the fan base.

most of us true diehards will hang around, but, really, do you think any of us can commit any emotional energy to this? go late, leave early, treat it as a party not a football game. just like the fairbanks era.

bama charlie is right, with a spin on it--- we shouldn't take our football seriously. it doesn't warrant it at this point.

The administration doesn't put a priority on winning and the product on the field has pretty much been **** for the past 7 (!?!?!) years. Fans are tired of the losing, the excuses, the lack of wins, hell forget wins, this team can't even be competitive with the majority of our "peers", there seems to be no real accountability on the coaching staff (who was the last AC we had that fired for poor performance?), the list just goes on and on....

I'm surprised there are as many people that still care as there are.

But, but, but...the CU administration did prioritize the construction of CU's multibillion dollar medical campus that gained notoriety for matriculating the alleged mass murderer behind the movie theater shooting.

In yesterday's game the Buffs where in it until 1:48 left in the 3rd quarter. Overall they put forth good effort durring the game.

I continue to watch a team that has both poor coaching at times, and poor play from the players at times. The Buffs should have made more of a game out of it, but in the end the talent/experience is not there.

The Buffs should have scored first, but a series of errors had them punting rather than kicking a FG.

The D should have held UCLA to a FG toward the end of the game, but a missed tackle gave them 1st and goal at the 1.

The half time score should have been 17 - 10, with the Buffs having a chance.

The D stood strong during the majority of the 3rd quarter, and needed the O to do SOMETHING in order to build momentum and take UCLA out of their game plan.

Crawley should have had a pick, and by the end of the season if he has the opportunity he did again he will catch the ball rather than bat it down.

Having Powell hurt really cost CU on the 4th and 1 play. Not getting the first really hurt.

The turning point came on a freshman TE fumbling the ball after a great catch. If he goes down after the catch the Buffs are building a really nice drive.

The last TD was the fault of Preicak due to his unnessisary roughing the passer on 3rd down where they stopped them.

I know what the final score says, but I did see improvement. The problem of course is that we need the effort for 4 quarters.

Would of, could of, SHOULD OF!

Quite simply, you're wrong. Parents Weekend has become an extremely big thing over the past decade. Far bigger than Homecoming. Attendance is about to drop into the 30s

Quite simply, you're wrong. Parents Weekend has become an extremely big thing over the past decade. Far bigger than Homecoming. Attendance is about to drop into the 30s

Correct. Lot of parents around this weekend. I know because it meant I couldn't hit on their daughters.

I will bet you we have 45k+ plus the next game. Then who's wrong?

There's not going to be over 45k for Arizona State. UCLA was the last game of decent attendance, thanks to Parents Weekend. As I said, by November there will be crowds in the 30s. You're already wrong. If you want to wait for it to be offically proven, that's your problem. Essentially, the breaking point has been reached. 46k for Parents Weekend tells you all you need to know.

We all know how this will end. Embree will be retained... eventually he's fired...
I keep arguing to fire Embree NOW. THIS season. Because this is the Win-Win Situation. Ross's comment is more likely, though, and it's pure Lose-Lose.

If we'd dump Embree now, he will go on and achieve coaching magnificence somewhere else where his heart isn't on his sleeve - where he pays attention to players and on-field production instead of hearing alumni crowds. He can go out and claim "I was fired too soon!! I was never given a chance!!" and every future employer will nod in agreement. "Yeah, wow - 2 years - horrible!!"

And from CU's standpoint, Bohn can tell the next set of candidates that he's not looking for yahoos or do-nothings. "I proved it by firing a favorite son so soon, so don't think you're getting away with a thing - you work hard and teach better skills."

Win-Win.

But if we let Embree dangle here, what's his NEXT job? "Don't hire him - he was the favorite son at CU and couldn't get it done there - he won't get it done anywhere else.'

And Bohn's stuck in the next search, "OK, only good coaches need apply" yet every applicant will snicker, "Yeah, right, sign on and you've got 4 free years of million-dollar paydays... their words say one thing, but their actions talk louder."

Lose-Lose.

For the first time in probably ~10 years, I chose to skip a home game. Took my boys to the park and then watched at home. And I'm glad I did. I can't stomach watching them get their heads kicked in at Folsom anymore. I don't know if I'll go to another game this year.

Would of, could of, SHOULD OF!

Two ways to fify:

Would have, could have, should have

or

Would've, could've, should've

That concludes the grammar lesson for the day. It's not like we want to talk about the football team...

You could not be more wrong regarding parents weekend. Go look at the fraternity tailgates, a ton of parents. Hell, there were a ton everywhere.

I just looked at the stats from cubuffs and it showed no tackles for Jon Major. Is this correct? Someone had commented on a lack of effort from him in another thread. Anybody know was he a big fan of Hawkins?

I just looked at the stats from cubuffs and it showed no tackles for Jon Major. Is this correct? Someone had commented on a lack of effort from him in another thread. Anybody know was he a big fan of Hawkins?
Hurt in the first half. Didn't play in the 2nd.

Probably me. I've been disappointed with Major since the git go. I love Cabral and his legacy, but our LBs are not up to snuff. The middle is their responsability, and it's consistently available to the opposing offense.

IMO That shows exactly what's wrong with the fanbase. We had MORE attendance through the lame Hawkins years while fans "waited" for the team to get better, because it's all about "being positive and staying the course" with this embattled program than actually trying to do something about it. As long as the attendance is there then the admins won't care. We still almost sold out Folsom for the USC and Oregon games last year even though every single person that went to the game knew that it was going to be over in the first quarter/half. Talk about idiot fans. Yeah we were in a new conference, but that's not an excuse to waste a day watching a pathetic team get run out of the stadium and not even be competitve. I stopped my tickets years ago when we gave Hawkins an extension.

We were better under Hawk than we are now.

Back