What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

We As A Group Have Given Up

I just looked at the stats from cubuffs and it showed no tackles for Jon Major. Is this correct? Someone had commented on a lack of effort from him in another thread. Anybody know was he a big fan of Hawkins?

He was chasing guys the whole time he was in there. Always a step slow, getting faked out, and often taking bad angles or shooting a gap too far away from the ball carrier.

He was my favorite Buff a few years ago. Unfortunately, he never fully recovered from his knee injuries. While he was once good, that is no longer the case, and I'd rather see guys like Daigh in there getting the experience, while also making plays that Major no longer can.

Sad but so very true. I don't see this getting any better any time soon. I give up. I've tried to fire up people to start a fire Bohn/Benson/Embree campaign and I'm laughed at, even by people on here. Starting to think it's the lame fans this school has that are the problem. No heart, just like the team. Why the f()ck are 50k showing up to support this team? The admins think it's okay to put this team on the field year after year if these idiot fans keep showing up(See moronic Rockies fans for a comparison).

CU FB is pretty much dead, I hate to say it, but I believe it is true. Keeping Hawk the fifth year did untold damgae, not only because it cemented another lackluster recruiting class, but told everyone who was paying attention CU FB aspires to nothing but just being there. As long as BB, Dr. Phil and MB want to be popular, instead of leaders, the situation will conitinue. I was never wild about Embo leading the charge, I want him to succeed, but I see no likelihood.

This team is just bad. Others have broken it down and I have little to add, mainly because I don't care anymore. Seven year post-MB firing the last winner HC we had and seven years of complete suckitude has done it for me. Way to go MB, your streak of presiding over losing FB continues......

EDIT:Really the only hope is that people stop showing up, that is the last card left to play for a fanbase and alumni who are sick of watching their University and it's FB team be the butt of national jokes because of their complete inability to even be competitive, much less win....

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me why our alums have not stepped up to say our plight is not acceptable? Where are the former players (other than Matt M)?

This **** is unacceptable....but nobody (at least important people) give a rat's ass.

Unfortunately an empty stadium may be the only thing that does the talking. It pains me to stay that, but it has reached that point.

It seems that the administration is happy with us being the PAC version of Iowa State. Scrape the bottom and hope for a "competitive" team every once in a while meaning go .500 and get a minor bowl so they can tell the complaining fans to shut up.

It seems that the administration is happy with us being the PAC version of Iowa State. Scrape the bottom and hope for a "competitive" team every once in a while meaning go .500 and get a minor bowl so they can tell the complaining fans to shut up.

I would take ISU at this point. Just shoot me.

I would take ISU at this point. Just shoot me.

At least Iowa State doesn't go 7(and counting) years between winning seasons, and even in their down years, they typically keep hopes of a bowl alive until the last couple weeks of the season. Their fans also don't call 42-14 home losses "moral victories".

I would take ISUs program over ours right now, my point is that it looks like they are what our administration aspires to.

I would take ISUs program over ours right now, my point is that it looks like they are what our administration aspires to.

Agree. And that is why I am choosing to spend my Saturdays doing other things.

Haven't lost interest at all. I have to keep my expectations somewhat realistic, though, and didn't see much chance of a win yesterday. I would have liked to see a better game, but frankly we don't have as many good athletes as UCLA does, and we aren't going to catch up overnight. What I would like to see is a total committment to the younger and more talented players, including QB.

Haven't lost interest at all. I have to keep my expectations somewhat realistic, though, and didn't see much chance of a win yesterday. I would have liked to see a better game, but frankly we don't have as many good athletes as UCLA does, and we aren't going to catch up overnight. What I would like to see is a total committment to the younger and more talented players, including QB.

We're not ever catching up unless this staff + admin are out.

Can anyone tell me why our alums have not stepped up to say our plight is not acceptable? Where are the former players (other than Matt M)?

This **** is unacceptable....but nobody (at least important people) give a rat's ass.
All they care(d) about is that an ex-Buff is the HC. Doesn't seem to matter that we suck as badly as we did under Hawkins (when the ex-players were all vocal about how bad the team was).

All they care(d) about is that an ex-Buff is the HC. Doesn't seem to matter that we suck as badly as we did under Hawkins (when the ex-players were all vocal about how bad the team was).
They are keeping their pieholes shut...they see that big plate of crow in front of them and they aren't about to open their mouths.

Complete bull****....Kordell, Westbrook, Detmer, Hudson, Figures.....where are these guys?

Complete bull****....Kordell, Westbrook, Detmer, Hudson, Figures.....where are these guys?

Those guys just aren't as connected with the school as other players. I don't remember those guys ever being involved in CU stuff once they graduated.

Westbrook was at the game yesterday, I know Kordell has been around some since Embree got the job. The others seem to not be as connected.

We have to find the right balance. The alums can make a significant contribution in getting the attention of recruits and players and reminding everyone that this program at one time was one of the elite programs in the game and can be that again.

Hawkins was completely wrong to try to ignore the alums and separate them from the program.

At the same time you can't let the alums make decisions for the program and keep the program living in the past.

man we are in a one fuked up situation. CU is dead and we dont know whether or not our illustrious alumni coaching staff can at least make us into a decent program that another coach can come into and bring back to the top.

Personally, they are in over their heads and that wont change because the admin could care less. We are stuck living in the cellar with a dead program.

I mean a team that has won a Heisman trophy and an MNC. Well, I guess we're like West Point now, they once won Heismans and MNCs as well.

West Point is not a good analogy.

OK, we're Minnesota... no wait, they've won 7 MNC and 1 Heisman. AND they would still kick our ass.

Hmm, we're like BYU now, nope they would still dominate us.

I guess there's no great team that has fallen as much as we have.

OK, we're Minnesota... no wait, they've won 7 MNC and 1 Heisman. AND they would still kick our ass.

I appreciate what you're trying to say, but we're not Minn either.

We're like Syracuse. Like us, they haven't put anything into facilities even though they have one of the cooler home stadiums in their region and a lot of sports journalism alums that would love nothing more than to hype the program -- and it's been nothing but bad news for a while.

Interesting note: They canned an up-and-down coach who had some big seasons in Paul Pasqualoni and this resulted in their top recruit that was lined up for that class (Ray Rice) going to conference rival Rutgers instead. Eerily similar to canning Barnett and losing Jeremy Maclin to Mizzou. Rutgers soon surpassed Syracuse just as Mizzou did CU. Pasqualoni was replaced by hot coaching prospect Greg Robinson who had been the DC at Texas after 10 years as an NFL DC - we went with the coach who had the highest winning % in D1. Over 5 years, Robinsons best record at Cuse was 4-8. They replaced Robinson with Doug Marrone, an alum who was coaching in the NFL (OC with the Saints). 4-8, 8-5, 5-7 and now 1-3 so far this year.

Syracuse is also making a major conference switch. Syracuse is a program that has 1 national championship, 1 Heisman winner, and 42 consensus All-Americans. They're in a state that doesn't produce a lot of talent, so they have to focus recruiting elsewhere. Basically, they're CU-East.

We're like Syracuse. Like us, they haven't put anything into facilities and it's been nothing but bad news for a while.

ahhh yes, that's right the once mighty Orangemen. OK, guess we're like them.

Hmm.. when does BBall get here?

Recruiting is the life blood and cannot be overstated. The staff is bad and the lack of recruiting is going to make it worse.

Look at Georgia. They have two FR running backs and a FR OL and they are running the #### out of the ball. Did Richt get better or did he recruit himself some studs?

Overall I feel apathy setting in and have trouble seeing a way out of this.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Back