What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

We can do this! We are the University of Colorado!

Tractor

Club Member
Club Member
Lord knows we've had a terrible year. There's been a lot of negativity around this program. There's been a lot of posts on here about how we're in a death spiral and have no way to ever succeed at this school again. I get it, I feel it. This year has sucked. As I sat in the stands on a brisk November day yesterday, I started to wonder if I would ever see a good football team again. But come on guys, we can overcome.

I thought there were a lot of people in the stands given the state of our football team. Especially considering there were probably 147 students. Maybe it was because tickets were being literally given away, but the fact remains. There ARE people around here that will come to watch CU football. This is a product that we can sell around here. Perhaps we will need to change our pricing to encourage these fans to come back, but they are here!

mail

We're the fu#king University of Colorado! This isn't Iowa Fu#king state.

We are in a conference that has the best TV contract in sports! We are consistently playing in a region of the country that is full of alumni.

No excuses! 1 year contracts for coaches? So what? It's not hurting basketball. Get some great coaches, and they'll get paid. If they leave, get some more great coaches, and we'll pay them too.

No indoor practice facility? Fine, let's build one.

Stadium too small? Benched seating too ghetto? A construction company can fix that too.

We've got a great campus, in a great city, in a great state. We have beautiful weather year round. Anything you want to do in life, you can do at CU. Want to be a doctor? Want to be an actor? Fly satellites? Olympic skier? Writer? Go into freaking outer space? Hell, we've got about a dozen 35 year old lawyers that just post to college sports websites all day. We've got examples of all. If you have no idea what you want to do, come to CU anyway. You can sit in your dorm, smoke pot legally, and come up with a plan for world peace as well as your life. All you need is determination, drive, and a love of granola bars and Subaru's.

Football will be back. CU has what it takes to bring it back. We've succeeded before, and we will succeed again.

Man it will feel even better when we do succeed after years like this. Go Buffs.

Last edited:
I too share some optimism (but less than before this season). At some point the administration has to commit to having a winning product on the field. If they do we will have one.

This really is the bottom line. Getting a better coach is one thing but until the admin. commits to winning football like they did with basketball, the ceiling is really limited.

Back