What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

We have two spots left, who to take?

sackman

Hates the Counting Crows.
Club Member
By my math, we're sitting at 23 commits for this class. That leaves two spots left. I'd like to think we're in on Jacobs and Rippy, and that we'll call it good. Any thoughts on how we're approaching these last two spots?

Also, if we cannot get players of the Jacobs/Rippy caliber, do we get somebody else or bank the scholies until next year? Are there any positions of need left?

Also, if we cannot get players of the Jacobs/Rippy caliber, do we get somebody else or bank the scholies until next year? Are there any positions of need left?

Only if we could flip Walker Williams or JCF or similar caliber athlete.

We are going to lose a few guys who are not making the grades.

I think we sign 5 more.

Rippy
Jacobs
OL
OL
OL

If it can only be two, I would want 2 of Rippy, Jacobs, and Tillman (the 4.3 40 kid out of Louisiana). If Rippy is definitely off the table, I'd add Folasa to replace the the hole left by Asiata's departure. If we do oversign, I'd love to have all 4. I don't think we're going to flip anyone at this point though.

If it can only be two, I would want 2 of Rippy, Jacobs, and Tillman (the 4.3 40 kid out of Louisiana). If Rippy is definitely off the table, I'd add Folasa to replace the the hole left by Asiata's departure. If we do oversign, I'd love to have all 4. I don't think we're going to flip anyone at this point though.

Replace Asiata? What are you talking about?

EDIT: Just figured it out. Crap! Yes Folasa would be a good addition to the G spot. Too late to beg Kozan with automatic playing time?

Last edited:
I am not sure taking on Folasa as a big grade risk is leaving the program is the best course of action. He is not worth the risk.

I've only heard that embree would take 27 or 28, not 25 so we have 4-5 left to take and maybe oversign?

I'd like to see kennedy suprise us and bring in wr lawler or javon williams. I'd like kozan right about now with asiata gone.

Replace Asiata? What are you talking about?

EDIT: Just figured it out. Crap! Yes Folasa would be a good addition to the G spot. Too late to beg Kozan with automatic playing time?

Addition? You must be a busy girl.

I would rank the best players available and take the first two that commits to CU.

Still holding out for JCF and Alex Kozan

By my math, we're sitting at 23 commits for this class. That leaves two spots left. I'd like to think we're in on Jacobs and Rippy, and that we'll call it good. Any thoughts on how we're approaching these last two spots?

I can see us taking 3-4 more.

I think the staff would like another TE to compete for PT in 2012.
Another OL for sure, maybe two.
And a LB?

Best guys on the board in my mind:
Kaumatule (we take him if he wants to come)
Jacobs/Rippy
Tillman - need speed.
Solomon
Brostek the Human Enigma
Simmons (but aren't we done at DE?)

Last edited:
If I thought we had a reasonable shot at Brostek, he would be far and away my #1 choice. That kid has all-conference potential written all over him.

As it is, I hope we can close with Kaumatule, Jacobs, and Tillman.

0% chance of JCF and 50/50 with Hobbs
50/50 with Kuamatule and 90% chance with Simmons
0% chance with Kozan, Outside shot with Brostek (UDUB plan B guy) and Folasa probably does not have a committable offer yet.

Of course I want Rippy and Jacobs to be "the two." If we have other spots available or they choose to go elsewhere, another LB, OG, TE or RB are positions that I feel still must be addressed.

Back