What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

We just got a commit from a 4* QB!

Actually, the Utah site is pretty progressive and revolutionary. It's all relative. Have to remember that it's still the 1950s in Utah.
I know you're just joking, but I really don't understand the hate for the utefans.net format. It is the best format I have come across for a private sports message board. This is what it looks like for registered users:

http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/6784/utefansnetpage1publicme.png

You get to read all of the posts and replies without having to click on anything. I click less browsing utefans than any other message board I read. You don't realize how nice little things like not having to click on posts can be until you have to go back to the old way after getting used to browsing utefans. In some ways the format really is progressive. Plus, it's highly customizable; almost modular, even. The platform is mostly custom made by the owner and surprisingly powerful.

At first it bothered me that replying to a post doesn't bump it, but now I love that feature. It results in more new posts and keeps fresh content on the front. It took me all of one day to go from confusion about its layout to loving the place and preferring it to other formats. If the unique format was changed it would upset me and I suspect most other members. For a recruiting site like rivals or scout, I prefer the cookie cutter vBulletin format. Utefans.net would lose its charm and significant value for me as a user if it was changed to vBulletin. I think people are just uncomfortable with anything different than what they're used to.

You get to read all of the posts and replies without having to click on anything. I click less browsing utefans than any other message board I read. You don't realize how nice little things like not having to click on posts can be until you have to go back to the old way after getting used to browsing utefans. In some ways the format really is progressive. Plus, it's highly customizable; almost modular, even. The platform is mostly custom made by the owner and surprisingly powerful.

At first it bothered me that replying to a post doesn't bump it, but now I love that feature. It results in more new posts and keeps fresh content on the front. It took me all of one day to go from confusion about its layout to loving the place and preferring it to other formats. If the unique format was changed it would upset me and I suspect most other members. For a recruiting site like rivals or scout, I prefer the cookie cutter vBulletin format. Utefans.net would lose its charm and significant value for me as a user if it was changed to vBulletin. I think people are just uncomfortable with anything different than what they're used to.

:wow: Whatever you are seeing, I aint seeing it. For the sake of keeping the good will flowing, I won't list my criticisms.

I hate those layouts that utefans.net/ramnation.com/netbuffs.com use so ****ing much. It's 2011, not 1996.

I know you're just joking, but I really don't understand the hate for the utefans.net format. It is the best format I have come across for a private sports message board. This is what it looks like for registered users:
You're looking at the best format. Fact.

Of note: they have an Absinthe over there, too.

Back