What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

We need CSU to step up.

PS: My above is basically wholly subscribed to the "Rising Tide Lifts all Boats" theory. All three of those schools would prosper being in a bigger and better league and those programs would grow exponentially because of the move.

It is my understanding Texas will do what they can to avoid having Houston in the Big XII. Something about the last time they played each other. Dodds is mad at them and said they would never play Houston again as long as he is AD.

I guess I don't get the hate for CSU other than the fanbase. People want to complain about the RMS being a worthless game, but also don't want CSU being a BCS school that would compete for athletes and create more competition. They have a long way to go for sure but let's try getting new blood into that conference, the old SWC teams had their chance and let corruption destroy themselves.

As stated before I don't hate CSU, I am a supporter of them as long as it doesn't get in the way of my support for the Buffs. I went to school there for my masters and work with a lot of CSU grads.

If you are willing to stretch things far enough you can make a case for any school in the country developing a solid, successful BCS level program. Having followed CSU for 35+ years however, I just don't see it happening.

The leadership isn't there and the culture isn't there that will attract or empower that leadership if it did show. Then you are fighting an uphill battle in the best of cases. The Stryker donation was a milestone donation that made significant improvements to the program, attendance is now lower than before. The Sonny era saw them ranked nationally and arguably the best team in the country not in a power conference, attendance never became significant and has again declined since.

No question that CSU has a core of fans who love and believe in the program, they are as passionate about the program as any fans in the country. The problem is that that core is way to small to support a true BCS level team and the appathy for the program among the rest of the alumni and community at large is strong and firmly entrenched.

In my mind CSU would be much better served to accept who they are, drop the fantasies about the big time, and go FCS where they could truly compete on a high level and experience regular success.

It is not the responsibility of the Big XII or anyone else to "carry" CSU or any other school to success. Would they be more successful if affiliated with a conference containing OU and UT? Certainly, but I see no way that that success would provide enough to the conference to justify their inclusion over some other schools that bring much more to the table. Even with an uneven distribution of conference funds which the Big XII is fine with I don't see CSU providing financial benefit to justify their share of the revenues.

Last edited:
It's never a great day at the park when you have to watch that ****** CSWho team from the North. **** CSU.

It's never a great day at the park when you have to watch that ****** CSWho team from the North. **** CSU.

Hate to even mention the words lambnation to you, but I made the mistake of venturing over there last night. It's the point where the season is fast approaching and a segment of their fanbase has worked themselves up so much that they have honestly convinced themselves that they will seemingly win ~9 games and beat CU on a pure talent/talent basis. I must have missed something, between losing 44-0 to Wyoming and now, when did CSU become vastly more talented than a few Pac-12 teams? You can make arguments for the QB and their LB's to be decent, but what else?

Sackman - I thought you might be interested in this. I have been wanting CSU to hold spring events in Denver now for years. It looks like the administration is at least starting to try and reach out to the Denver alumn in this area. Baby steps I guess.

http://www.denverpost.com/csu/ci_18741648

Baby steps is right. MTN has a point when he says that CSU is falling farther and farther behind. They're taking baby steps while everybody else is taking giant leaps. I mean, I guess it's good that they're trying to reach out to their Denver alumni, but I think it might serve their interests better to put together a comprehensive facilities plan that they can show to boosters. CU has a facilities plan that includes upgrades to the stadium, fieldhouse, etc. Anybody can see it. It's been posted here at allbuffs. It's broken out in short term and long term plans. Does CSU have anything like that? If so, is it publicized? What's their plan to get from where they are to where they want to be? That's the kind of stuff that's important. This deal with having a spring practice in Denver seems minor league to me.

Sackman - I thought you might be interested in this. I have been wanting CSU to hold spring events in Denver now for years. It looks like the administration is at least starting to try and reach out to the Denver alumn in this area. Baby steps I guess.

http://www.denverpost.com/csu/ci_18741648

I saw that, and I think that it is strange. Why are they using the one dedicated rugby stadium in Denver. It is not lined, and it will not have the same dimensions as a football field. Why not just use any of the high school stadiums in the city.

Baby steps is right. MTN has a point when he says that CSU is falling farther and farther behind. They're taking baby steps while everybody else is taking giant leaps. I mean, I guess it's good that they're trying to reach out to their Denver alumni, but I think it might serve their interests better to put together a comprehensive facilities plan that they can show to boosters. CU has a facilities plan that includes upgrades to the stadium, fieldhouse, etc. Anybody can see it. It's been posted here at allbuffs. It's broken out in short term and long term plans. Does CSU have anything like that? If so, is it publicized? What's their plan to get from where they are to where they want to be? That's the kind of stuff that's important. This deal with having a spring practice in Denver seems minor league to me.

I completely agree with you, however, I think one (i.e. athletic facility upgrades) is, at least in part, dependent upon the other (i.e. an engaged Denver alumni base). To answer your question, there are are no publicized plans for major upgrades to the athletic facilities at this time. Obviously the indoor practice facility was a step in the right direction and I believe that was part of a 3 year $500 Million fundraising effort to upgrade facilities campus wide and launched in 2009. One of the problems CSU has faced is that all facilities needed major upgrades, including dorms, classrooms and other on-campus buildings. My hope is that when this current 3-year campus wide campaign ends, there will be a laser focus on bringing the athletic facilities into the modern era. Including a campaign for an on-campus stadium.

http://www.today.colostate.edu/story.aspx?id=2061

I saw that, and I think that it is strange. Why are they using the one dedicated rugby stadium in Denver. It is not lined, and it will not have the same dimensions as a football field. Why not just use any of the high school stadiums in the city.

Don't want to practice in something nicer than they play their games?

Hate to even mention the words lambnation to you, but I made the mistake of venturing over there last night. It's the point where the season is fast approaching and a segment of their fanbase has worked themselves up so much that they have honestly convinced themselves that they will seemingly win ~9 games and beat CU on a pure talent/talent basis. I must have missed something, between losing 44-0 to Wyoming and now, when did CSU become vastly more talented than a few Pac-12 teams? You can make arguments for the QB and their LB's to be decent, but what else?
They are by far the most delusional fan base I have ever encountered. CSWho is by far my most hated team as well. I can handle NU fans because the one's I know, are actually respectful to CU and respect CU's history and they actually have grounds to talk smack. CSWho fans belittle CU history at every step and act as if they are some powerhouse historical school like NU, OU, Bama, etc when in reality they are a sub .500 team all time, have five bowl wins all time, have only four ten win seasons in a historically weak conference, 47 losing seasons, have won three games or less 26 times, have a losing record to every BCS conference, a losing record to nine of the twelve FBS conferences, and ****, they have a ****ing LOSING record in the MWC...:rofl::lol:. The fans at the only game they go to are exceptionally bad as well. Last year I got beer poured on me, cans thrown at me, full cans thrown at me, and people were trying to start fights with my friends and I before and after the game. I don't think those ****s would recognize good football if it was thrown right in there face and had massive text that said "THIS IS REAL FOOTBALL YOU PUSSIES". **** CSWho.

Another thing that really urks me is the **** talk about Folsom, how it is a turd covered in clay and Hughes is some spectacular SEC stadium. Seriously, Hughes looks like a god damn Soviet bomb shelter built in the middle of butt **** Egypt, good thing very few people see it. If Folsom is such a turd covered in clay, why the hell do they make such a god damn big deal about beating a ****-****ing-tastic 3-9 CU team there?

**** those goat ****ing pussies.

Oh and their mascot is a ****ing goat with horns glued on :rofl::rofl:.

The fans at the only game they go to are exceptionally bad as well. Last year I got beer poured on me, cans thrown at me, full cans thrown at me, and people were trying to start fights with my friends and I before and after the game.

Don't people at Folsom do the same thing to you? Hell, don't people at Cold Stone do the same thing? :lol:

Don't people at Folsom do the same thing to you? Hell, don't people at Cold Stone do the same thing? :lol:
At Cold Stone it's not bad because at least the **** being thrown at me from behind the counter tastes good :thumbsup:

Every time I see Creatini go off on CSU, I get even more pissed at Hawk. There is zero reason for CSU to be anywhere near that hatred, and the fact that that son of a bitch allowed it to happen just infuriates me.

Thanks Hawk, you **********.

Every time I see Creatini go off on CSU, I get even more pissed at Hawk. There is zero reason for CSU to be anywhere near that hatred, and the fact that that son of a bitch allowed it to happen just infuriates me.

Thanks Hawk, you **********.

Even Halk had a winning record against CSU. Too bad we can't play them every week.

Back