What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

We need to run Connor Wood a lot against Oregon State

I don't think Connor is Wilson.

Wilson's running hurt the Beavers, but he couldn't really exploit the intermediate passes that Connor can. So while Connor probably can't do what Wilson did, he can do what Wilson couldn't.

We need to run Connor Wood a lot against Oregon State

So you saw that too, huh?

if the middle is soft, we best be attacking it. Need to get the running game going. if it takes connor 8 runs to do it, we gotta do it.

I'm thinking that's a big mistake. Connor already likes to throw off his back foot enough as it is. Having him run and take more hits will only exacerbate that problem, IMO.

He'll be running given the state of our OL. May as well make some of them designed runs instead of scrambles.

My impression of the OSU defense is similar to what the Buffs were doing last year. They know they have huge issues and are trying to make up for it with blitzes. Utah was taking advantage of that.

Seems like the word on Connor coming out of spring ball was that has ability to run (while definitely not a Johnny Football/RGIII-type), was a real asset and something that separated him from a guy like Hirsch. In my mind, it is only a matter of time before the staff introduces more of the playbook that features Connor's running ability, and with a team that has struggled against a mobile QB, now seems like as good a time as any.

At the very least we need to give the read option a lot of action. We've seen how devastating that play is when your defense isn't very disciplined.

You realize our back up QB is a true freshman, right? We need to keep Connor upright. I'd keep the designed QB run to a minimum unless you are comfortable with Sefo taking a bunch of snaps.

As long as GIA doesn't see him before the game, I'm ok with Connor running the ball some.

I didn't see Wilson taking big shots last night. If anything, Wood might be taking bigger hits in the pocket.

I honestly see few QBs get hurt running the zone read. They take bigger shots in the pocket when blindsided.

Wilson ran it last night and OSU had no answer. I think Wood is a better runner honestly. We have only seen glimpses but he would look pretty good running the plays that Wilson ran last night. OSU LBs are slow.

I guess I haven't seen out of Wood what you all have seen. I would be thrilled if Connor would turn up to be the running threat Travis Wilson is.

I'm not averse to him running, as long as it works. I just don't know that it will. I hope I'm wrong.

How about Pow just taking direct snaps a few times instead? He should be 100% by then.

I wouldn't mind the Buffs using some zone read as long as Wood is good at doing the actual read of the play and not just guessing whether to give or keep. Have they worked on it at all in practice?

Sure, shoot first and ask questions later. Connor has 4.5 speed and he should use it when he can.

Last edited:
Back