What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

We now go to Tuscaloosa, AL...

I'm retired from working in the institutional investment business, integrity and ethics are personally very important to me. I've worked with quite a few highly respected foundations and endowments in this country. I've never met a person from any member of any of these boards of directors who would even in fun modify a quote in relation to any subject. You sir are a fake.

I'm really struggling with this level of self-righteousness, and am tempted to step out of character and address the faux indignation.

First off, in addition to the lobby, I serve on an advisory group for an academic endowment and guest lecture at a respected DC university. My face isn't entirely unknown on the Hill, albeit in a supporting capacity. Though anybody on this board will tell you I don't relish my time there, or exhibit a lot of respect for many of our legislators.

I frequently rub elbows with the demographic which you claim to be a part of. There is the occasional stodgy curmudgeon, admittedly, but mostly it is a group that shares the capacity to identify context; I believe any reasonable person would identify my FIFY as satire without any belief that my integrity had been compromised. For instance, I correspond weekly with the president of a university who has a particularly irreverent sense of humor. It's not unusual.

And if an individual was unable to recognize the intent, I would almost guarantee that person had a dark outlet that more significantly compromised their integrity than modifying an internet quote. Again, I rub shoulders with the crowd, and have witnessed my share of dirty deals and infidelity.

But by all means, place yourself on that pedestal and pretend to judge. I know you better than you know me.

I'm really struggling with this level of self-righteousness, and am tempted to step out of character and address the faux indignation.

First off, in addition to the lobby, I serve on an advisory group for an academic endowment and guest lecture at a respected DC university. My face isn't entirely unknown on the Hill, albeit in a supporting capacity. Though anybody on this board will tell you I don't relish my time there, or exhibit a lot of respect for many of our legislators.

I frequently rub elbows with the demographic which you claim to be a part of. There is the occasional stodgy curmudgeon, admittedly, but mostly it is a group that shares the capacity to identify context; I believe any reasonable person would identify my FIFY as satire without any belief that my integrity had been compromised. For instance, I correspond weekly with the president of a university who has a particularly irreverent sense of humor. It's not unusual.

And if an individual was unable to recognize the intent, I would almost guarantee that person had a dark outlet that more significantly compromised their integrity than modifying an internet quote. Again, I rub shoulders with the crowd, and have witnessed my share of dirty deals and infidelity.

But by all means, place yourself on that pedestal and pretend to judge. I know you better than you know me.

Go on. I'm particularly intrigued by the paragraph that includes allusions to "infidelity" and "dark outlets".

Go on. I'm particularly intrigued by the paragraph that includes allusions to "infidelity" and "dark outlets".

I'm back in character. Sorry you had to witness that. Okay, I'll spill the beans. Many pillars within our communities have embarrassing secrets. There. I said it.

I'm back in character. Sorry you had to witness that. Okay, I'll spill the beans. Many pillars within our communities have embarrassing secrets. There. I said it.

Jealous. I never get invited to the Gary Hart yacht parties.

I'm retired from working in the institutional investment business, getting bailouts for failed investments while shafting the public is personally very important to me. I've worked with quite a few highly respected foundations and endowments in this country. I've never met a person from any member of any of these boards of directors who would even in fun modify a quote in relation to any subject. You sir are a fake.

fify

I'm retired from working in the institutional investment business, integrity and ethics are personally very important to me. I've worked with quite a few highly respected foundations and endowments in this country. I've never met a person from any member of any of these boards of directors who would even in fun modify a quote in relation to any subject. You sir are a fake.

You need to down a six pack and stop by Amazon and buy a sense of humor before you post again. Give us ****. Expect us to give you ****, twist your words into something much funnier, and let hilarity ensue. Pictures of your cheerleaders help put us in a better mood.

Oh yeah......and pull that stick out of your ass and stop acting like such a pompus douche. We already have several people here that do that job well enough.

Teddy K drove Orr home once. Jussssssst once.

True story.

That's a lie. You have just perjured yourself on Allbuffs! This is a serious violation of Civil Aviation Simulator Operation Code, and I now question your credentials.

That's a lie. You have just perjured yourself on Allbuffs! This is a serious violation of Civil Aviation Simulator Operation Code, and I now question your credentials.

You forgot to say sir.

Nik doesn't serve on any boards, so his ethics are held to a lower standard. I'm sorry if that message was unclear to you.

I believe everyone should be held to the same standard. Stop looking down on us through your monocle.

I want to say, "Orr-slapped" but I'm afraid our humor challenged friend might use it as evidence in an Assault charge

Oh, what the hell...Orr-slapped! Take him away, officer!

I want to say, "Orr-slapped" but I'm afraid our humor challenged friend might use it as evidence in an Assault charge

Oh, what the hell...Orr-slapped! Take him away, officer!

I wonder if, when our duck friend sits around his library with his investment friends, someone tells a joke he accuses them of being a liar because it was an untrue story?

At the end of the day, a reasonable standard is whether or not there was an intent to deceive. Obviously in my case there wasn't. I suspect he wanted to take an opportunity to state how much more important integrity is to him than to us.

However, he never addressed the thrust of the modified post, which was the impressive hypocrisy of an Oregon fan pointing fingers at Bama.

So I'll ask the question directly to GoDucks: With your lofty values and impeccable integrity, how do you reconcile Oregon's free pass with the NCAA, while still insinuating that Alabama is a dirty program. I eagerly await your response. Thanks in advance.

I wonder if, when our duck friend sits around his library with Willie Lyles negotiating the price of a Houston area RB, er....,reviewing bogus recruiting summaries, er....having coffee and reading newspapers for free, someone tells a joke he accuses them of being a liar because it was an untrue story?
Fify

An anonymous fan message board is no place for duplicity, prevarication, or jocularity.

Father John Francis Mulcahy disagrees with you.

5udy9ama.jpg

Orr, when you start forging quotes, you've lost all credibility, your soul and any right to be respected at any level. Given you're modification of Denver_sc's quote I have to believe you don't know what you are talking about when you say you are on the board of directors for a "fair trade" group as well. Obviously truth is not important to you.

I feel sorry for you.

Orr is soooo busted!

Semper Gumby

Granted I'm quite new to the Colorado fan base and this board. I certainly don't mind if any of you go through my posts and question any of my comments. I don't think you'll find any negative comments made toward Colorado, as a matter of fact I'll guarantee you find positive comments in that area. Then I come across a guy like orr who puts himself out there as some "protector of free trade", how he's on the board of directors of a free trade organization and then he starts attacking with made up quotes. That's just pathetic.........

I'd much rather talk football and what people think about the game Saturday.

Mods, please change Goducks349's name to OrBuff to match convention. It is so great to have someone like you back on the board. Seriously, you are fantastic!

Semper Gumby

I wonder if, when our duck friend sits around his library with his investment friends, someone tells a joke he accuses them of being a liar because it was an untrue story?

At the end of the day, a reasonable standard is whether or not there was an intent to deceive. Obviously in my case there wasn't. I suspect he wanted to take an opportunity to state how much more important integrity is to him than to us.

However, he never addressed the thrust of the modified post, which was the impressive hypocrisy of an Oregon fan pointing fingers at Bama.

So I'll ask the question directly to GoDucks: With your lofty values and impeccable integrity, how do you reconcile Oregon's free pass with the NCAA, while still insinuating that Alabama is a dirty program. I eagerly await your response. Thanks in advance.

I love the smell of rich mahogany.

Orr, when you start forging quotes, you've lost all credibility, your soul and any right to be respected at any level. Given you're modification of Denver_sc's quote I have to believe you don't know what you are talking about when you say you are on the board of directors for a "fair trade" group as well. Obviously truth is not important to you.

I feel sorry for you.

I just saw this. I don't know what our Duck friend is talking about.

Back