What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

We now have the worst recruiting class in the Big 12

Even without the controversy about retaining Hawkins or not, Jones & Spond likely have TVs in their homes and probably saw a few Buff games this year.

What more does anyone need to know?

It's one thing to go 3-9, but what would concern me more if I was a recruit is the comatose unenthusiastic CU sideline during games (players and coaches). It just screams "institutional turmoil" or SNAFU for short....also "no fun". What was surprising is that M. Jones stayed committed as long as he did.

According to rivals points system with the Jones Decommitment..

Forget what I said yesterday about going 8-4.. I really don't care anymore.:sad1:

I just want Talkins gone, Hagan gone, Riddle gone, Bohn gone, Benson gone, etc, etc, etc. Its time to move on..

Its time to adopt a new team Jimmy. I nominate USC for you since you live in Cali.

Liver made a post earlier in another thread that we're digging a hole that will take years to dig out of. It just got a little deeper.

I believe in the talent we'll have on this team next year. I just can't believe any more that this staff can turn that talent into wins. And the way this recruiting class is starting to look, it terrifies me to think where we might be in 2-3 years.... :sad1:

I have no confidence in Dan Hawkins and I actually fear that he will win 6 games next year somehow that will bridge him into a 6th season here only to fall back to earth again with 3 wins the following year.

Whomever the next HC is they will have their work cut out for them. By the time this person arrives one would hope that there is a new administration or at least the current one will be more forgiving of admissions after subsidizing athletics year over year.

Its pretty sad any way you cut it. There is nothing to look forward to or be excited about anymore. Football was what connected me to CU after graduating.

thats the problem right there man. He is NOT on his way out. Just look at the standards put down by this administration. He is BACK next year with 6 wins. Maybe extended.

However, you are right about one thing. HS players etc aren't stupid. They know that Hawk SUCKS, and won't sign with him.
The 2010 schedule is much tougher, Juicebox will be lucky to get 3 again.
He's a lame duck now, recruits know he has lost the support of the vast majority of CU fans. They look at his record, and know he is incompetent.
He has absolutely no chance of being a consistent winner in the Big 12.

This program WILL be burned to the ground.
We assumed Hawkins meant 10-wins for CU Football, when he only meant 10 wins for others.

Now it's obvious when he brings up arson and CU Football - "judging himself" seems to be the appropriate observation.

Fortunately, he has the support of the CU Admin to do just that. Like Andy once told Barney, "We should learn to love it."

Anyone want a kerosene pickle?

I was looking at the in-state recruiting classes from the past 8 years.. This year is by far the worst we have ever done (even during the scandal Barnett was able to get a couple of the Top 10) Right now we have ZERO..

If you can't convince the in-staters to play for the school, I really don't know how you can get other good players to come here.. Very frustrating..

Also seem to see that Hawk has lost out on a couple of WR that could be playing here, Davis and Aguilar in the 2007 class. Both are playing in the Pac 10 and starting (UO, UW). You get one of those guys then we might not have the problems we have had on special teams return guys and at WR..

But again, I'm sure they'll be excuses by some saying "Oh that was expected to happen, blah,blah,blah" Bottom line, he's not getting the top athlete into school that's in his own backyard..

The fans don't matter and neither does cu football signed............................................................................................................................. cu administration

Back