What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

We now take you to College Park, Maryland... Durkin FIRED

The Alabaster Yak

Club Member
Club Member
One day, college coaches will realize it isn’t the ****ing 80’s or 90’s anymore and they will stop basically abusing players. This doesn’t fly in today’s environment. Yell, cuss, be a hard ass, sure... But these idiots need to learn to be leaders, teachers, mentors and makers of men, not (for lack of a better term) “slave drivers”.

Attorneys on the site.

Would it be possible that a player or players family could win a civil suit against a head coach (and the university but primarily the coach) saying that the coach knowingly or at least negligently used his control over scholarships and status on the team to force a player to engage in activity that resulted in permanent health issues or death?

If the jury awarded a judgement that made a significant dent in the coaches net worth would that be enough to change the culture in college football?

So do we have 2 Big Ten East teams start the season without their coaches? I can’t possibly see how DUrkin survives this or works again.

So do we have 2 Big Ten East teams start the season without their coaches? I can’t possibly see how DUrkin survives this or works again.

Sad to say this is a consideration but reality is that Durkin is probably much less likely to coach again than Urban because his teams didn't win.

The Ohio State fans will try to save Meyers because he has been a winner for them, the rest they will ignore. Durkin is 10-15 and last year took a step backwards. For Maryland fans this is a chance to change coaches without having a payout.

Then you've got Rutgers with the credit card fraud scandal. https://www.onthebanks.com/2018/7/1...dal-chris-ash-pat-hobbs-robert-barchi-big-ten

Sounds like the coaches won't lose their jobs over this, but they might due to the way it's gutting their defense based on the on-field results that will likely follow this season.

One day, college coaches will realize it isn’t the ****ing 80’s or 90’s anymore and they will stop basically abusing players. This doesn’t fly in today’s environment. Yell, cuss, be a hard ass, sure... But these idiots need to learn to be leaders, teachers, mentors and makers of men, not (for lack of a better term) “slave drivers”.

Couldn't agree more. That kid's temp was 106? That is insane.

On a list of coaches my kid won’t play for, Muschamp is pretty close to the top.

Would be no shock to me what so ever if Muschamp is thinking he is glad they didn't come looking at him. No knowledge but he seems like one of those coaches who doesn't believe in any limits he doesn't set himself.

sat on this for a long time - several years ago a CU running back got arrested for DUI in Weld. Never made the news or was mentioned on any sites. those of us who knew were Buff fans and stayed quiet

Back