What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

We now take you to Tempe, AZ

Changes power? Shocks the college football world? Ruins legacies? From anything happening at ASU?

That tweet was so much hyperbole that it should be ashamed of itself. Nobody gives two craps about ASU.
What makes you think that the tweet and these violations are related?

Most fascinating is that this program was probably taken down by someone on the inside. What's the story there? Pissed off intern?

In an era when a lot of teams at the top of the CFB and NCAAB world are blatantly cheating and nothing has been done to stop it, ASU must have thought they had a free pass to host recruits during COVID. But what they didn't consider was that they were thumbing their nose at COVID restrictions to a woke NCAA organization. Paying players? No problem. Hosting visits during COVID? My guess is that the NCAA puts the hammer down hard on the Sun Devils.

In an era when a lot of teams at the top of the CFB and NCAAB world are blatantly cheating and nothing has been done to stop it, ASU must have thought they had a free pass to host recruits during COVID. But what they didn't consider was that they were thumbing their nose at COVID restrictions to a woke NCAA organization. Paying players? No problem. Hosting visits during COVID? My guess is that the NCAA puts the hammer down hard on the Sun Devils.

You have to be pretty stupid to cheat COVID restrictions. Like incredibly stupid.

EDIT: Just read about a photo showing Edwards with a recruit. Hahahaha

Most fascinating is that this program was probably taken down by someone on the inside. What's the story there? Pissed off intern?
the Yahoo story goes into quite a bit of detail on why they may have a bunch of disgruntled former coaches/employees (so many that they are having a hard time figuring out which one tipped them off). Sounds like it revolves around a dislike of associate head coach, Antonio Pierce. The part I can't quite figure out is that yeah, hosting recruits during the pandemic seems like a pretty cut/dried violation. But really, is this all there is? Is this the big shocking news? Oh, and Arizona Christian College, if there is one, is getting ready to get hammered by the NCAA.

the Yahoo story goes into quite a bit of detail on why they may have a bunch of disgruntled former coaches/employees (so many that they are having a hard time figuring out which one tipped them off). Sounds like it revolves around a dislike of associate head coach, Antonio Pierce. The part I can't quite figure out is that yeah, hosting recruits during the pandemic seems like a pretty cut/dried violation. But really, is this all there is? Is this the big shocking news? Oh, and Arizona Christian College, if there is one, is getting ready to get hammered by the NCAA.

Paying for trips is a pretty egregious violation.

Paying for trips is a pretty egregious violation.
Agreed. I guess I was expecting more. Like evidence of paying players, etc. Clearly they just disregarded the rules and blatantly held official visits. Not sure how they thought they'd do that without that getting around. Did they think each and every 17 year old kid would keep his mouth shut? Strange place to put your faith, if you are a college coach.

Agreed. I guess I was expecting more. Like evidence of paying players, etc. Clearly they just disregarded the rules and blatantly held official visits. Not sure how they thought they'd do that without that getting around. Did they think each and every 17 year old kid would keep his mouth shut? Strange place to put your faith, if you are a college coach.
right? what if you go cool on a kid and they are like f that coach...imma call the NCAA out of spite

From the yahoo article :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

When asked specifically about meeting with recruits and parents during the dead period in a text message, Edwards told Yahoo: “No comment thanks.”

This is the big risk of hiring NFL guys. No coach thinks the NCAA rules make sense or that they should be held to them. But the college background guys know how the game is played to not get caught.

Hard to know what will happen, but I would think that the violation of quarantine rules will piss off people outside of the college football world. I would further speculate that it will deeply anger the faculty and staff at ASU. The school may get ripped by the media, and not just sports media. Sure, a lot of people will lose their jobs, but this does nothing long term to “balance of power out west”.

Herm Edwards probably takes the biggest hit, and his main assistants.

UTEP is the new Mendoza line.
- Is a team more prominent or popular than UTEP? = nothing to see here.
- If not = NCAA hammer.

Seriously, I'm disappointed that Herm is apparently balls-deep in this scandal. He always was a straight-arrow character kind of guy during his long playing and coaching career.

Back