What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

We now take you to Tuscaloosa, AL

Brought the weapon to the scene of the crime. Was present during the crime. His vehicle was blocking the road, which would have to been the exit for the victims.

Nat Oats should be fired, and Brandon Miller's basketball career should be over.

This is REALLY bad. Oats looks completely tone deaf and as we knew, schools like Bama will try to win at any cost.

Maybe it's just me, but delivering a murder weapon is at best extreme lack of judgement (giving the benefit of the doubt he didn't realize it would be used). Not sure you can really spin that as "doing nothing wrong" or "wrong place wrong time"

Definitely not a good choice of words by Oats.

Brought the weapon to the scene of the crime. Was present during the crime. His vehicle was blocking the road, which would have to been the exit for the victims.

Nat Oats should be fired, and Brandon Miller's basketball career should be over.

This is REALLY bad. Oats looks completely tone deaf and as we knew, schools like Bama will try to win at any cost.
I have a hard time thinking that Tad would accept this on his team, and I think that our university community and the City of Boulder would not be willing to let him stay even if somehow Tad did.

And that is how it should be. He was a part of the crime even if he doesn't end up charged.

I can’t believe this happened a month ago and the AD, coach, Brandon Miller, Jaden Bradley are all still there. If Darius Miles was arrested for capital murder for handing the gun the the shooter in the car does Brandon Miller delivering the gun to Miles not provide him with the same level of guilt?

So sad a University prioritizes winning over human decency. Also, these small town police forces are very much owned by the University too, hoping there wasn’t any under the table stuff happening there from a charges perspective.

If coaches were charged with federal crimes and had to serve time for wiretapping money to players and lost jobs for that crazy that downplaying and lying about players on your teams involvement and not suspending indefinitely or dropping players that took part in killing someone doesn’t constitute that.

Also crazy that a similar situation took place at New Mexico State and the coach was fired for hazing claims not helping cover up murder.

Like what is going on in the world.

I can’t believe this happened a month ago and the AD, coach, Brandon Miller, Jaden Bradley are all still there. If Darius Miles was arrested for capital murder for handing the gun the the shooter in the car does Brandon Miller delivering the gun to Miles not provide him with the same level of guilt?

So sad a University prioritizes winning over human decency. Also, these small town police forces are very much owned by the University too, hoping there wasn’t any under the table stuff happening there from a charges perspective.

If coaches were charged with federal crimes and had to serve time for wiretapping money to players and lost jobs for that crazy that downplaying and lying about players on your teams involvement and not suspending indefinitely or dropping players that took part in killing someone doesn’t constitute that.

Also crazy that a similar situation took place at New Mexico State and the coach was fired for hazing claims not helping cover up murder.

Like what is going on in the world.

NMSU doesn't take basketball seriously.

Nephew taught at Alabama for one academic year. Wanted out from shortly after school started because of the favoritism to athletes and kids of big donors. Kids new it, too. A female student told him the first week of school to remember that she got an A because her father was so and so and he better check with his dean.

He refused to give the grades unless they were earned. Every student who appealed got the grade they wanted when it went to the dean.

He started looking for a new job very early on and had one all lined up when the school year ended.

Being at a bar when a fight breaks out is "wrong place, wrong time".

Bringing a murder weapon to the scene of said murder is not.

I'm not saying Miller should go to prison, but he shouldn't have the opportunity to play for Bama or in the NBA again. He's complicit in a murder as far as I'm concerned.

Chances are Miller has agreed to be a witness for the prosecution in exchange for immunity. That's not to say he shouldn't be suspended from the team or even kicked off due to his poor judgement in the situation.

Also, because of his involvement he will likely be charged with a civil suit at some point.

Chances are Miller has agreed to be a witness for the prosecution in exchange for immunity. That's not to say he shouldn't be suspended from the team or even kicked off due to his poor judgement in the situation.

Also, because of his involvement he will likely be charged with a civil suit at some point.
He will absolutely be named in the civil suit. They'll also try to name any other individuals (coaches, for example) and institutions (Alabama, for example) which have deep pockets. If there's any basis to the civil lawsuit and it's not thrown out, my experience is that defense attorneys and any judge/mediator is going to advise settling and paying something because it's a business decision, not a matter of justice. With the costs & risk being so high (and time consuming), even if you fight it and win you would still lose more than if you had reached a settlement.

Is there an English translation for this?

Let's focus on what's important here. Oats clarified his original "wrong place at the wrong time" statement last night because it was unfairly interpreted as him being insensitive. So kudos to him. And Alabama is having maybe its best basketball season ever. It really wouldn't be fair to anyone if he allowed this unfortunate situation to compromise that.

I hope you guys know I'm being sarcastic. Unfortunately, this is how they think and what they're selling. Par for the course will also be if media that are invested in college sports make a big deal out of it initially but then move on and avoid talking about it when broadcasting Alabama games or any future event involving the coach or players.

Apparently Oats consulted Ray Lewis. At first I was positive that was a joke. Now I'm actually pretty sure it is true.
It is. Like you, I thought it was a joke. Then my Auburn grad buddy gave me the whole low down…

Speaking of, I’m surprised we haven’t seen @Duff Man in here yet…

I think Oats is going to have a tough time recruiting because Mama's don't want their boys to go play with thugs and criminals and for a coach who looks the other way. Really, this is the CP appeal when you boil it down.

He'll lose enough top recruits that he might have gotten to damage him. I hope.

I think Oats is going to have a tough time recruiting because Mama's don't want their boys to go play with thugs and criminals and for a coach who looks the other way. Really, this is the CP appeal when you boil it down.

Profiles in Courage: Nate Oats:

"I don't watch our introductions, I'm not involved with them, I'm drawing up plays during that time," Oats said in his postgame news conference. "Regardless, it's not appropriate. It's been addressed and I can assure you it definitely will not happen again for the remainder of this year."

Oats, after Alabama's sports information director instructed media to ask questions about only the Alabama-Arkansas game, did respond to the one nongame question that was asked of him -- whether or not he has reached out to the family of Harris at any point.

"Listen, to address it a little bit," Oats said. "I apologize for my previous comments this week. We understand the severity of it all, but I'm following the administration's lead on everything here, so we're going to talk about the game is what they would like for me to talk about."

I haven't followed this a ton, it's that ****ing bad. Something I didn't know, she was a young mother of a son. :confused:

Would not surprise me a bit if someone close to the victim decides that civil damages is not enough damage. It's one thing to play the role, it's another to participate in that mockery during pregame. He just cost himself a whole lot of lottery money.

Would not surprise me a bit if someone close to the victim decides that civil damages is not enough damage. It's one thing to play the role, it's another to participate in that mockery during pregame. He just cost himself a whole lot of lottery money.
He better hope a family member of hers didn't see that ****, just sayin.

I wish this were true but I doubt it.

He will put on a big act, talk about how the media has been unfair to his "kids" and how he looks out for them in a corrupt world, and pass over a thicker bag.

Back