What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

We take you now to Tallahassee, Fla

Winston I think may be a dirt bag for cheating on his girlfriend from Rice, but I really don't see anything telling me that he raped the girl. Guess we will find out today.

If this thing ends up going Winston's way, I hope he counter sues. No matter what happens from here on out there is going to be no escape from the "Rapist Jameis" attacks.

Good thing SportsCenter cancelled Ron Burgundy to talk about nothing. I was worried.

Justice System - 0
FSU Football - 1

How did the Justice System fail? Did you see the facts from the Search Warrant? That is definitely not the kind of (alleged) victim that you want to put on the stand. Whether or not she was raped, I have no idea, but her "fuzziness" of the situation and the fact that the blood work done shows no reason why she doesn't remember anything (i.e. - BAC was .04 & there were no date-rape drugs in her system), I think the justice system actually worked. No signs of trauma and another man's DNA are just added facts that bolster the decision to not file charges.

It is very possible that Jameis Winston is guilty, it is also possible that he is completely innocent and the victim of a girl looking to take down a famous person. It is most likely that the truth lies someplace in between but the fact is that none of us know which it is and in our system a person is considered innocent until proven guilty. In this case they didn't even have enough evidence to go forward with an indictment much less go to trial and proved guilt.

You can claim that he got off because he is an FSU player but it is just as likely and easy to claim that this would have never gotten to this point and would have been dissmissed long ago if he hadn't been a famous name.

How did the Justice System fail? Did you see the facts from the Search Warrant? That is definitely not the kind of (alleged) victim that you want to put on the stand. Whether or not she was raped, I have no idea, but her "fuzziness" of the situation and the fact that the blood work done shows no reason why she doesn't remember anything (i.e. - BAC was .04 & there were no date-rape drugs in her system), I think the justice system actually worked. No signs of trauma and another man's DNA are just added facts that bolster the decision to not file charges.

GHB (the most common date-rape drug) is extremely difficult to test for (due to its rapid dissipation from the bloodstream), and also very expensive. And only recently has a reliable test been acquired. Thus it is not generally a part of common LE drug-testing panels. I don't know if the TPD had her tested for GHB (or other date-rape drugs) ... but it is not unusual for such tests to result in negative results when if fact GHB might have been involved.

GHB (the most common date-rape drug) is extremely difficult to test for (due to its rapid dissipation from the bloodstream), and also very expensive. And only recently has a reliable test been acquired. Thus it is not generally a part of common LE drug-testing panels. I don't know if the TPD had her tested for GHB (or other date-rape drugs) ... but it is not unusual for such tests to result in negative results when if fact GHB might have been involved.

Um, okay. I don't really care about the science, I guess I'm just tired of seeing this all over the news. There wasn't enough evidence to file charges. Case closed.

Um, okay. I don't really care about the science, I guess I'm just tired of seeing this all over the news. There wasn't enough evidence to file charges. Case closed.

The reason it was in the news is because the Tallahassee PD didn't fully investigate/close the case to start with. If Jameis wants to sue anyone, he could start with them.

I have never heard that USC played a part in that. Why do you think this?

No ... but SC failed to cooperate with the investigation and IIRC even actively obstructed it at points. Thus the drastic sanctions they got, and Pete (Who Me?) Carroll taking off for greener pastures in Seattle ahead of the hangin' posse.

Like one of the FSU football players would have to rape a girl. I am sure they could pick two or three different girls every night and have a willing participant if they wanted.

Like one of the FSU football players would have to rape a girl. I am sure they could pick two or three different girls every night and have a willing participant if they wanted.

This doesn't mean that one of them still wouldn't take some girl as a challenge and do something. It's happened before with college and pro athletes.

Bottom line in this situation is that a) there was not enough evidence to indict him for the allegations and in fact there was evidence to the contrary of the allegations and b) as far as we have seen or know there is nothing other than unfounded speculation that the police/DA failed to act in a normal manner in investigating this matter.

What actually happened is something that nobody on this board knows. Some call the girl a slut or a goldigger, some call him a rapist. We don't know and while we can speculate since that is what fans do in the end it is nothing more than that, speculation.

This doesn't mean that one of them still wouldn't take some girl as a challenge and do something. It's happened before with college and pro athletes.

Bottom line in this situation is that a) there was not enough evidence to indict him for the allegations and in fact there was evidence to the contrary of the allegations and b) as far as we have seen or know there is nothing other than unfounded speculation that the police/DA failed to act in a normal manner in investigating this matter.

What actually happened is something that nobody on this board knows. Some call the girl a slut or a goldigger, some call him a rapist. We don't know and while we can speculate since that is what fans do in the end it is nothing more than that, speculation.

I agree with all of your post except this. The police told Winston's attorney the case was closed and told his accuser's family it was open six to eight weeks later.

I agree with all of your post except this. The police told Winston's attorney the case was closed and told his accuser's family it was open six to eight weeks later.

You are right from the standpoint of the public face of things. The one thing that was completely different in this case is the famous person accused. On the surface at least the DA didn't want to give the appearance of giving him a pass.

This still doesn't say that they did anything different with the evidence or how they responded to the evidence.

Ah, yes. It is POSSIBLE that he still raped her with a drug that wouldn't be screened for by the police. Because, you know, star football QB's have no problem getting pussy without resorting to drugging their targets.

Book 'em, Charlie!

Anytime I see these kind of things all I can think is, **** Mary Keenan, Cindy Carlisle, and whatever the **** her simpering asshole lawyer husband's name is.

Back