What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

We will beat ASU

Typical Sun Devil.

asu-shockers.jpg

Let's not forget her:
courtney7.jpg

ASU will be a cake walk, easy win, then we will go win by 30 in Eugene and win by 21 in LA. Book that **** now. Oregon has nothing on us! DAT? We got Darrah, bitch ducks, deal with that ****, I would like to see it!

Yeeeeeaaaaaaahhhhhhhh :rofl:

ASU averages 38 points per game, and we have YET to score 36...soooooo.....

They are untested. The only team they've beat is NAU, (D2) that has a winning record.

Illini - they've been pounded by ASU, Louisiana Tech and Penn State....
Mizzou - they lost this away game to a very mediocre Mizzou Tiger team
Utah - they beat a team that is reeling, having lost to Utah State and coming off a close victory over their rival BYU
Cal - They went into Berkeley and beat a bad Cal team to make them 1-4

They are talented and they will spread the field. If CU can cinch down like they did after making adjustments on defense vs. UCLA and vs. WSU, CU can keep this game close and you never know. It will be loud and well attended on a Thursday night.

ASU fan here. I admit this has the elements of a trap game for us. In our past we don't seem to come out 100% after a bye week... however that was a different era of Sun Devil football- and anyone with two eyes can see this ASU team (and coaching staff) is different than anything we have fielded in the past decade. I'm eager to see how prepared our guys come out and how they show up.

I suppose my question for you, Buffaholic, is this... Are your Buffs better than Illinois, Utah, or Cal? Are they even better than NAU (who beat 1-4 UNLV). If your answer is "yes" to that question... I invite you to take a shot at any of the following questions/thoughts below...

----------------------------------------------------------

Can CU provide the same (or better) home field advantage as Mizzou? Will they play as well as Mizzou and will ASU turn the ball over three times like they did against Missou? We haven't done that before or since then btw...

ASU is currently 14th in the nation in points allowed.
CU is currently 107th in points scored.

How will CU score points against such an incredibly stingy defense that is currently ranked 10th in the nation? Can your O-line protect your QB better than the teams we have played thus far?

Is your defense better than or similar to Utah or Illinois who we blew out? These weren't close wins. We systematically throttled both teams.

I would love some real football talk in regards to your prediction. How do you feel Colorado matches up to ASU? Are there any individual places you feel Colorado has a unique advantage? To me... this Colorado squad you guys have on the field is about on par with Utah, Illinois, and NAU. Maybe a tad bit worse than Illinois or Utah. I do expect ASU victories similar to those we had against those teams... maybe slightly less points scored by ASU due to being an away game. Very unlikely you'll score more than 14 imho. Not unless ASU lets you... i.e. good field position due to a turnover.

Being ranked 109th in rushing and 70th in passing offense doesn't bode well for CU against a very solid defensive squad. If ASU forces CU to be one dimensional (pass the ball) then I think you will see the turnovers play a big part of this game in ASU's favor. Currently ASU is on the receiving end of about 2 turnovers per game. CU is giving UP two turnovers per game on average.

My conservative prediction.. ASU 38 CU 14

Love your Pat Tillman profile picture btw. Glad you chose a picture of one of the all-time greatest Sun Devil's to ever hit the football field.

I thought Jake Plummer was the consensus greatest sun devil ever.

Also we don't discuss football here because we forgot what it looks like so can you please post hot ASU coeds instead.

ASU fan here. I admit this has the elements of a trap game for us. In our past we don't seem to come out 100% after a bye week... however that was a different era of Sun Devil football- and anyone with two eyes can see this ASU team (and coaching staff) is different than anything we have fielded in the past decade. I'm eager to see how prepared our guys come out and how they show up.

I suppose my question for you, Buffaholic, is this... Are your Buffs better than Illinois, Utah, or Cal? Are they even better than NAU (who beat 1-4 UNLV). If your answer is "yes" to that question... I invite you to take a shot at any of the following questions/thoughts below...

----------------------------------------------------------

Can CU provide the same (or better) home field advantage as Mizzou? Will they play as well as Mizzou and will ASU turn the ball over three times like they did against Missou? We haven't done that before or since then btw...

ASU is currently 14th in the nation in points allowed.
CU is currently 107th in points scored.

How will CU score points against such an incredibly stingy defense that is currently ranked 10th in the nation? Can your O-line protect your QB better than the teams we have played thus far?

Is your defense better than or similar to Utah or Illinois who we blew out? These weren't close wins. We systematically throttled both teams.

I would love some real football talk in regards to your prediction. How do you feel Colorado matches up to ASU? Are there any individual places you feel Colorado has a unique advantage? To me... this Colorado squad you guys have on the field is about on par with Utah, Illinois, and NAU. Maybe a tad bit worse than Illinois or Utah. I do expect ASU victories similar to those we had against those teams... maybe slightly less points scored by ASU due to being an away game. Very unlikely you'll score more than 14 imho. Not unless ASU lets you... i.e. good field position due to a turnover.

Being ranked 109th in rushing and 70th in passing offense doesn't bode well for CU against a very solid defensive squad. If ASU forces CU to be one dimensional (pass the ball) then I think you will see the turnovers play a big part of this game in ASU's favor. Currently ASU is on the receiving end of about 2 turnovers per game. CU is giving UP two turnovers per game on average.

My conservative prediction.. ASU 38 CU 14

Love your Pat Tillman profile picture btw. Glad you chose a picture of one of the all-time greatest Sun Devil's to ever hit the football field.

All of your points are of course valid. On paper, your prediction is likely conservative.

1. ASU has a long history of dropping an easy one. Gutless performances have become status quo since the Frank Kush era. Perhaps this is a "new era" as you assert. Perhaps not.

2. This is College Football. Inexplicable things happen all the time.

3. The opponents you played are all proving to be somewhat less than expected. Mizzou, Illinois, Cal and Utah are reeling. Flat out sucking arse. Not to the level we are sucking, but they are not top of their division teams. Mediocre at best.

4. Colorado is competitive with Cal and Utah. We beat them both last year btw, but somehow Cal held on and escape Boulder with a W. That is a fact. We beat Utah at their place as well.

5. There is no category where Colorado matches up as better than ASU. Well, we have a punter who can take off and run and we have a kicker who makes a lot of TD saving tackles.

So yes, ASU will be favored and on paper, this is a blowout. But in reality, this is CFB. I predict the Devils will be reading their own press clipping during the bye week, laughing at the CU team they expect to roll over and come into Boulder and suck wind. This game will be surprisingly close.

Prediction:
Colorado 24
ASU 20

Pat Tillman was a Great AMERICAN who happened to play at ASU. He is wearing THE uniform in my profile pic btw.

Last edited:
Here's the only way we're winning this game:
Offense - Our plan should be to attack the ASU run defense. ASU has a solid defense with good athletes. The only weakness I see that CU can pick on would be their interior DLine. I'd be looking to see CU use POW quite a bit and hopefully using the PA on most our passes. We simply can NOT line up in shot gun and expect to beat them. Our WR's aren't good enough to get open on their own and our OLine can't give the QB enough time to find someone. We have to slow down the game and run early and often. I'll take a 3-4 yard average on run plays because that means we're in a bunch of 3rd and 3's and 2's. We have 0% chance of winning if we're in 3rd and long situations.
Defense - ASU is actually not that strong in the running game but has a good pass offense. My recipe? BLITZ! It does make us vulnerable to big plays, but since when did we not give those up anyway? We will get some good hits on their QB and we'll create some turnovers and get the momentum. Put that QB on his ass all day! I want to force quick passes that free our DB's to play close coverage.

All of your points are of course valid. On paper, your prediction is likely conservative.

1. ASU has a long history of dropping an easy one. Gutless performances have become status quo since the Frank Kush era. Perhaps this is a "new era" as you assert. Perhaps not.

2. This is College Football. Inexplicable things happen all the time.

3. The opponents you played are all proving to be somewhat less than expected. Mizzou, Illinois, Cal and Utah are reeling. Flat out sucking arse. Not to the level we are sucking, but they are not top of their division teams. Mediocre at best.

4. Colorado is competitive with Cal and Utah. We beat them both last year btw, but somehow Cal held on and escape Boulder with a W. That is a fact. We beat Utah at their place as well.

5. There is no category where Colorado matches up as better than ASU. Well, we have a punter who can take off and run and we have a kicker who makes a lot of TD saving tackles.

So yes, ASU will be favored and on paper, this is a blowout. But in reality, this is CFB. I predict the Devils will be reading their own press clipping during the bye week, laughing at the CU team they expect to roll over and come into Boulder and suck wind. This game will be surprisingly close.

Prediction:
Colorado 24
ASU 20

Pat Tillman was a Great AMERICAN who happened to play at ASU. He is wearing THE uniform in my profile pic btw.

1. Sounds to me like maybe you should of changed your thread title to "perhaps we will beat ASU" instead then. This is what you're banking on right? Serious question... If we have had so many easy ones (as you are suggesting) why would Colorado be the easy one we drop?

ASU is currently #1 in fewest penalties committed in the Pac-12. The lack of focus that resulted in those gutless/self-destructing performances hasn't shown this season except for about a 2 quarter stint against Missouri.

2. So you're banking on blind luck? This is true though- sometimes things just happen.

3. You're missing the point I was making in the prior message... Is Colorado better than any of them? Then the point isn't valid. Not to mention these weren't close wins. It wasn't like Utah, Illinois, or NAU hung in there with ASU and battled it out. We systematically crushed them. So trying to belittle ASU's current SOS is futile in trying to prove anything for you unless you're suggesting that CU is MUCH better than those teams that we obliterated on the field.

4. You didn't beat both of them you lost to Cal and you edged Utah by a field goal. You only had 3 wins last year... your best looking win was against UA (thank you for that). So if you're using how "competitive" you were against Utah and Cal last year as a barometer for success... how do you expect to be competitive against ASU when you weren't last year?

5. All I needed to hear. So what you're hoping for is a lot of luck and for ASU to completely crap the bed and help you win this game.

Good point on Tillman. I wasn't trying to rib you for that choice, but don't expect a Sun Devil to see PT and not say something.

Last edited:
Predicting Colorado to win this game could only be based on the emotion that "I WANT THEM TO WIN." There is no reasonable analysis that can lead you to that conclusion other than that.

We are not on the level of Division 1 mediocre football. We do not have the talent, size, or speed to compete with the middle and top teams of Division 1 football. Any statements to the contrary are false.

Predicting Colorado to win this game could only be based on the emotion that "I WANT THEM TO WIN." There is no reasonable analysis that can lead you to that conclusion other than that.

We are not on the level of Division 1 mediocre football. We do not have the talent, size, or speed to compete with the middle and top teams of Division 1 football. Any statements to the contrary are false.

Caveat: could we win? yes....

We will only win if ASU decides that they can take a week off. And it could happen. But that better be in your reasoning to pick CU.

ASU will kill us, but stats from the first 4 games mostly against (weak) OOC are pretty meaningless.

The factors that will be in CU's favor -

Home Game/Night Game - the atmosphere should be charged up. CU has pulled some upsets in these types of games. West Virginia and Georgia come to mind.
Health - with a little luck both Rippy and Polk will be back for the ASU game.

ASU will be favored and should be in that position.

Polk playing again is huge. Huge. If he's close to 100%, I expect a very different defense to take the field. Add a theoretically healthy Rippy to the mix (believe it when I see it) and we could be average on D.

Two midterms Friday morning with one being a major class....so yeah I probably won't even stay the whole game

Study before and be prepared. make sure all you have to do is go to bed. I dont see any reason that you should leave early if you plan ahead.

Study before and be prepared. make sure all you have to do is go to bed. I dont see any reason that you should leave early if you plan ahead.
I'm plannin on tryin to get it done, but we'll see. **** that class. Still won't be able to drink though :cry:

Ummm...Nobody should underestimate the heart of a Buffalo.

and...well...(shuffled feet)...oh yeah. Folsom Magic. 5,430 feet of oxygen deprived pain.

Plus, speaking in football terms, did you know the CU punter can kick with either foot? And...you know...our...**** it. I am going to need to see a win against ASU and even if that were to miraculously happen, I still might not believe my eyes.

We will Fight, Fight, Fight, Fight, Fight! S2SFTMFW!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back