What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

We will beat ASU

ASU always starts hot then tanks the season from about game 5 to the wire. Is there any better game to sabotage the Devils season? We need some cold weather and a colder sleeveless Embree staring them down from across the field. There will be no heaters, only faint snowflakes reminding the Devils of what was during Erickson tenure.
Quite frankly Cal and Utah are worse than CU and they actually have upperclassmen on their team

ASU always starts hot then tanks the season from about game 5 to the wire. Is there any better game to sabotage the Devils season? We need some cold weather and a colder sleeveless Embree staring them down from across the field. There will be no heaters, only faint snowflakes reminding the Devils of what was during Erickson tenure.
Quite frankly Cal and Utah are worse than CU and they actually have upperclassmen on their team

:rofl:you are beyond delusional. Cal would beat us EASILY. You seriously think we'd even be in position to mess up a chance to win at Ohio State this year? Get real.

Guys, I live in Phoenix and am an ASU alum. I grew up in CO and Buffs are my #1 team. Having said that, we probably aren't going to beat ASU. They are better than UCLA. Only loss was at Missouri by 4 points and Missouri's scoring drives were 34 yards, 20 yards, 12 yards, and 36 yards. ASU handed the game to them, and after all that ASU had third and goal at the 1 with three minutes left to win and couldn't get in. They CRUSHED Illinois and Utah, and won at Cal. This one will probably be ugly, hate to say

I don't think many on the site is thinking we are going to win. I won't be surprised if we do but we won't.

It has gotten so bad that I don't worry about us losing anymore. I just don't want to be blown out. :sad1:

Interesting tidbit: ASU is one of two Pac 12 teams that we've never beaten. USC being the other.

We're going to get curb stomped. We are a terrible football team.

Interesting tidbit: ASU is one of two Pac 12 teams that we've never beaten. USC being the other.

We're going to get curb stomped. We are a terrible football team.

Both losses to ASU came during the HWSNBN era and neither one was a curb stomp

48-14 last year
33-14 in 07
21-3 in 06

Looks like Hawk did better than Embree did.

You're right though, neither was a curb stomp. The one last year was.

48-14 last year
33-14 in 07
21-3 in 06

Looks like Hawk did better than Embree did.

You're right though, neither was a curb stomp. The one last year was.

If you watched the games you'd know 07 was close right into the fourth, the deciding factor wasn't ASU it was the 105 degree heat which wilted a thin CU squad, HWSNBN apparently didnt know how or didnt have the bodies to substitute.

It was 100 degrees in Tempe today and will be in the 90's all week long. Gameday's low in Tempe will be warmer than the high in Boulder

I did forget about last year, that was a curb stomp, Homecoming on Halloween weekend is tough at SDS, too bad they didnt start their 5 game losing streak to end last year one game early

If you watched the games you'd know 07 was close right into the fourth, the deciding factor wasn't ASU it was the 105 degree heat which wilted a thin CU squad, HWSNBN apparently didnt know how or didnt have the bodies to substitute.

It was 100 degrees in Tempe today and will be in the 90's all week long. Gameday's low in Tempe will be warmer than the high in Boulder

I did forget about last year, that was a curb stomp, Homecoming on Halloween weekend is tough at SDS, too bad they didnt start their 5 game losing streak to end last year one game early

I did watch the games and don't disagree with your assessment. Good to know you assumed I didn't? Considering your statement about Cal, I'd avoid talking down to anyone for at least a week.

I did watch the games and don't disagree with your assessment. Good to know you assumed I didn't? Considering your statement about Cal, I'd avoid talking down to anyone for at least a week.

My comment was meant to address the score of the 07 game and not YOU in particular. I do stand by my assessment of CAL. Maybe you should take your own advice if you think they're that much better than CU.

My comment was meant to address the score of the 07 game and not YOU in particular. I do stand by my assessment of CAL. Maybe you should take your own advice if you think they're that much better than CU.

Cal would beat us by 3TDs. Unreal how thick the sympathizers are.

based on what a close loss at OSU? Amazing how desperate "win now" kids have become

LOL, I'm a "win now" kid because I don't think losing to Sacramento State, CSU and being down 55-7 at halftime to Fresno State is acceptable? I'm on the record as saying 3 wins should buy Embree another year. This brings me to another tactic of the sympathizers: try and portray those who know this staff is over their head as somehow expecting we'd go to the Rose Bowl this year. Everyone now against Embree was predicting 4-6 wins. Get a grip, man. Reality is calling.

LOL, I'm a "win now" kid because I don't think losing to Sacramento State, CSU and being down 55-7 at halftime to Fresno State is acceptable? I'm on the record as saying 3 wins should buy Embree another year. This brings me to another tactic of the sympathizers: try and portray those who know this staff is over their head as somehow expecting we'd go to the Rose Bowl this year. Everyone now against Embree was predicting 4-6 wins. Get a grip, man. Reality is calling.

First of all my comment was about CAL, not CU. Go ahead and twist every comment from me that you like to suit your purpose of firing the coach. Second, bringing in a high dollar guy at this point isn't go to do anything. Look at the roster look at the HWSNBN era and come back to reality yourself. Face it you're a hater and until the Buffs are contending for national titles, we cannot count on your support, No big loss IMO

Polk is back. Polk is back. Do not underestimate the fact that Polk is back. No curb stomping is gonna happen.

lmfao. Cal lost to OSU and USC on the road by fairly respectable scores. We lost to Fresno State 69-14. I'm just at a loss here.

Let me explain since you're obviously not that bright, losses count as losses therefore CAL is 1-4 based on 4 losses, CU is 1-4 based on 4 losses. Ultimately you need to score more points than the other team for the game to count as a win. Are you following or are you still stuck on acceptable losses vs unacceptable losses. If you are, and you obviously are, I think a team that's loaded with freshman and isn't expected to do well should be cut a lot more slack than a team that's expected to contend for a division title but falls flat.

I think we'll have a legitimate shot if some how some way we can pack the stadium, get the students there before kickoff all jazzed for a blackout (a la W. Va. 4 years back)......Polk + that Extra Motivation could at least mean no embarrassment on National TV (or so I hope)

Let me explain since you're obviously not that bright, losses count as losses therefore CAL is 1-4 based on 4 losses, CU is 1-4 based on 4 losses. Ultimately you need to score more points than the other team for the game to count as a win. Are you following or are you still stuck on acceptable losses vs unacceptable losses. If you are, and you obviously are, I think a team that's loaded with freshman and isn't expected to do well should be cut a lot more slack than a team that's expected to contend for a division title but falls flat.

Lawl

Back